LX - 4th Gen (2022-present) Posts related to the LX600 belong in this forum

Don't Buy, force Lexus to apologize and re make.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-24, 04:51 AM
eddieo
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs down Don't Buy, force Lexus to apologize and re make.

I have had the 570 for 9 years. That was very impressive, and little to no problems. The 600, not so much. I have had it for a year. 2023 VIP silver, black int. Mark Levenson. Price in Dominican Republic with tax and duty, 205,000 USD
Note the following problems.
Jerky transmission shifting, . The problem is that you have a 6000 pound SUV with a small motor. Add a twin turbo with a 10 speed transmission. This does not work. The transmission does not have the intelligence to pick the right gear fast enough.
Tailgate design flaw. There is no back bumper now. It is hidden under the tailgate. But not sealed. All the dust and dirt will accumulate there. Want to access the back, and you will be very dirty. Who thought this was a good idea? Note the BMW X7 and Land Rover system. Every 600 owners are jealous.
Cheap plastics everywhere, especially in the cargo area. You can leave a scratch with your fingernail. Use a vacuum and the service is destroyed. Why?? Carpets in the cargo area are two different types. In the middle the quality is so bad that the vacuum will pull it apart. As noted in another post, the pack rubber that seals the door does fall off. I do not have dogs. The door sill the cargo area is low grade cheap plastic. Why not make a metal plate for protection? I have the VIP model. The backs of the two seats are fitted with soft leather. There is no hard backing behind it. A light box or suitcase will damage and put a hole in it.
The center console in the back is so ugly and ill fitted. just look at the back how it is finished. I had a black quilted protector made that covers the cheap plastic, floor and back of the seat. Install with velcro . Huge improvement.
First the driver's side light washer cap fell off. 2 months later the other side fell off. In 9 years I never had a part fall off my 570. Lane change crap. Simply put, it does not work and is dangerous at best. It will put you in the grass and fight you like you are crossing a slush line in the snow. Worst part, you need to turn it off with a 3 second push button on the steering wheel every time you start to drive. All the mirrors, door handles and tailgate are designed so badly that they hold water. I clean my own SUV and I enjoy it. Come back after 10 minutes, and you will have water marks running down the paint. all over. Never happend with the 570. The VIP has the TV screens. Because the passenger side seat folds to the front, they make a huge mounting bracket for the screen, extending it into the space of the passenger, You have a very claustrophobic feeling. Add that to the narrow seats and extra wide console and you feel like you have no space to breathe. Bad feeling for an SUV so huge. Bad design. Handling if the SUV is unstable. It feels loose and dipps and sways anywhere it wants. It does not matter what ride option you choose. Speakers buzz. Tailgate does not open or close with the key fob, or just when it wants to. I can wave my leg like an idiot to open it, much to the amusement of the grocery bag boys. The air vent system to the driver's seat is so noisy, hard to ignore. Mud flaps and back bumper poorly fitted and can move inches back and forth when you touch. Inadequate lighting in the cargo area.

Love how the front looks
Well this covers it for now. I loved my 570, the best I ever purchased. They had 14 years to come up with a new one and they came out with this. Whoever signed off on this needs to get a job in a fast food restaurant. Huge disappointment. But what else can we drive? We love the body on frame and Lexus quality and dependability.

The following users liked this post:
Kiza (05-14-24)
Old 04-29-24, 06:37 AM
3ZERO8
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Jealous of Range Rover….absolutely not. I had one and was the biggest POS ever. I don’t have any of the issues you have, maybe a lemon? Maybe buyer’s remorse? I’m in the USA and my lane departure stays permanently off.
Old 04-29-24, 06:43 AM
eddieo
Rookie

Well I am smart enough to never have bought a range rover, but i am not smart enough to turn off the lane departure permanently. How do you do that? Not buyers remorse. I still don't know what else to buy. The problems I reference are by design, not lemon related.
3ZERO8 (04-29-24)
Old 04-29-24, 06:52 AM
KennyFSU
Instructor

Received 286 Likes on 183 Posts

"They don't make them liked they used to" applies here.
eddieo (04-29-24)
Old 04-29-24, 06:57 AM
eddieo
Rookie

In this case, I think your right.
Old 04-29-24, 09:31 AM
3ZERO8
Driver School Candidate

True, it was a 2006 RRS and It was fun when it wasn’t in the shop.

as far as the lane departure, I can turn it on and off via the steering wheel and it stays off. I believe you can get to it though the settings menu as well. There was another thread on this (on a different forum, IH8mud) and I think the overseas model, you’re stuck turning it off every time.

Last edited by 3ZERO8; 04-29-24 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-29-24, 10:41 AM
eddieo
Rookie

So there you go. I have to turn it off every time. Tell me, are you happy with the tailgate? And the cheep plastic that collects dust? You call that Lexus level engineering? Show me one Lexus owner that would not opt for the LR or BMW X7 system. Not even addressing the fact that every 570 owner loved the split gate.
Old 04-29-24, 11:42 AM
3ZERO8
Driver School Candidate

I do miss the split gate of my 2011 LC, and my wife has a BMW X5 and I like my LX better. I’m not a huge tech guy so the LX works for me.
Old 04-29-24, 02:13 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 198 Likes on 135 Posts

No use of complaining here. Trade it in for a BMW and see how happy you’ll be.
Old 04-29-24, 02:43 PM
eddieo
Rookie

My wife has one. Try understand my post and your comment is useless.
Old 04-29-24, 02:48 PM
NickL
Instructor

Received 198 Likes on 135 Posts

Then trade in the LX and buy another BMW. Problem solved.
Old 04-29-24, 02:49 PM
eddieo
Rookie

I am not here to fight. I inform, and want to be informed. Fight with some one else
3ZERO8 (04-29-24)
Old 04-29-24, 05:26 PM
Flying3
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 35 Posts

You don't have to turn off the lane assist every time you start the car. There is a button underneath the cruise control that cycles between two settings. If you hold it down for 3 seconds, it turns off permanently. You can also turn if off in the settings somewhere.
eddieo (04-29-24)
Old 04-29-24, 05:39 PM
eddieo
Rookie

Hi, thanks for the reply. I just went to my SUV to confirm. Yes, that button is under the cruise on off switch and sadly, that is what I press for 3 seconds every time I get into the SUV. There is nothing I can find in the systems screen either,
Old 05-01-24, 10:05 AM
z32
Intermediate

Received 72 Likes on 67 Posts

Hm... why did u buy it in the first place if there are so many things you don't like? buying a car isn't a small investment...hence one should give it some deep thoughts unless u have so much $ that it would cost u more $$$ for the time it takes u to pick up a bill u dropped. so plan ahead and think carefuly before u buy your next vehicle. But what you really like. You can also sell the SUV though, shouldn't be that hard.

Quick Reply: Don't Buy, force Lexus to apologize and re make.