LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

2018 lx 570

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-19, 05:04 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Android Auto and Apple Carplay will not be coming to this generation of the LX, as the 300 series is quite near. vent mounts are good, but I`d also check the third parties who are actively trying to piggyback AA and Carplay through various solutions. If you are really a DIYer or such, I`d hit up the 4th gen RX forums to see whats out there for the current gen unit.
Old 03-06-19, 05:05 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Android Auto and Apple Carplay will not be coming to this generation of the LX, as the 300 series is quite near. vent mounts are good, but I`d also check the third parties who are actively trying to piggyback AA and Carplay through various solutions. If you are really a DIYer or such, I`d hit up the 4th gen RX forums to see whats out there for the current gen unit.
Thank you.
Old 03-09-19, 08:02 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 884 Likes on 666 Posts

When the map is displayed on screen and you press the Talk/Speech button you
are using the vehicles information. When you have Lexus App Suite up and running
on your phone you should either tap "Destinations" at the bottom of the map and
select "Web Search"/"Destination Search" or from the Menu screen touch Lexus
App Suite/Destination Search. Now when you press the Talk/Speech button you
will get the phone to do the heavy lifting! Better speech recognition, more up to
date and no need to specify state or type of business.

Note: App appears differently when you are out of the vehicle/not paired then when
you are in and paired. You can preview and save up to ten (10) destinations before
entering the car and when you use the Menu path to App Suite you will see "Saved
Destinations". Bam, you're able to use them right away! When you are in the car
you will see that the phone app screen is virtually blank as you are not to use the
handheld device while driving, right?

Function is phone specific, other drivers of the vehicle need to have the App installed
and running in their phone to work (use the same user name and password).
Old 03-09-19, 08:41 AM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by mcomer
When the map is displayed on screen and you press the Talk/Speech button you
are using the vehicles information. When you have Lexus App Suite up and running
on your phone you should either tap "Destinations" at the bottom of the map and
select "Web Search"/"Destination Search" or from the Menu screen touch Lexus
App Suite/Destination Search. Now when you press the Talk/Speech button you
will get the phone to do the heavy lifting! Better speech recognition, more up to
date and no need to specify state or type of business.

Note: App appears differently when you are out of the vehicle/not paired then when
you are in and paired. You can preview and save up to ten (10) destinations before
entering the car and when you use the Menu path to App Suite you will see "Saved
Destinations". Bam, you're able to use them right away! When you are in the car
you will see that the phone app screen is virtually blank as you are not to use the
handheld device while driving, right?

Function is phone specific, other drivers of the vehicle need to have the App installed
and running in their phone to work (use the same user name and password).
And this is why we are considering trading our 18 LX. When I get in my Ceyenne, I plug my phone in and that is the end. I have all the features of Apple Car Play available as I need from from the vehicle controls. Lexus is way behind the competition when it comes to operator interface. My wife refuses to even attempt to use the radio in the LX. It is all a colossal pain in the *** compared to other cars.
Old 03-11-19, 07:32 AM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
And this is why we are considering trading our 18 LX. When I get in my Ceyenne, I plug my phone in and that is the end. I have all the features of Apple Car Play available as I need from from the vehicle controls. Lexus is way behind the competition when it comes to operator interface. My wife refuses to even attempt to use the radio in the LX. It is all a colossal pain in the *** compared to other cars.
Just out of curiosity , Do you like your 2018 LX 570 ? Do you wish you had purchased a different vehicle ? I take it you do not like the infotainment system in the LX ?

I am really struggling with my decision because as much as I like the LX 570, the Sync 3 infotainment in the ford raptor is flawless. I have to give Ford credit, they did a fantastic job with the technology and infotainment system in the late model fords. And I am getting very comfortable with the apple car play in the raptor, especially for sending text messages while I am driving. The other thing that bothers me about the LX 570 is it drops like a lead in value, meaning depreciation, compared to the ford raptor. I am not a person who keeps vehicles over 5 years, so maybe the LX is not for me. And I just wish Lexus/toyota would keep up with the latest technology, because the message of paying premium for " reliability" is wearing out very fast. There are plenty of fords, Rams, and GMC products on the road with 200,000 miles on them. The key is keeping up with maintenance.
Old 03-11-19, 08:30 AM
mbarron37
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

The problem with the LX is that it is a dinosaur by today’s standards. Yes, it is a very well built SUV, but way behind the times with tech. If you plan on keeping the vehicle 10 years or 200k+ miles then this is the vehicle for you.

if and when a totally redesigned LX comes out in the next year or two, then I would expect state of the art tech. Values of the 200 series LX will fall when the new LX comes out. We are in crazy times when consumers don’t hold on to their vehicles very long and that tech changes year to year. Rumors of a turbo 6 replacing the wonderful 5.7 are also floating about.

i have a friend that just traded his car for the same exact car but the new model had Apple car play. People jump ship faster today then ever before. Crazy times, but you need to focus on what is important to you and your wallet. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
REDHORSE (08-01-21)
Old 03-11-19, 09:57 AM
mcomer
Lead Lap

Received 884 Likes on 666 Posts

The comparison of resale values between cars and SUV and Pick em Up Trucks goes far beyond brand names.
A Luxury or Sporty car is valuable when it is new and shiny and first on the block...trails off pretty quickly.
A Pickup Truck is probably the most valuable when the bed has already been scratched once and is ready to work!
Would you rather have a 10 year old Pontiac Bonneville (RIP) or a 10 year old Silverado? Most would pay way more for the truck.
Old 03-11-19, 10:02 AM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mcomer
The comparison of resale values between cars and SUV and Pick em Up Trucks goes far beyond brand names.
A Luxury or Sporty car is valuable when it is new and shiny and first on the block...trails off pretty quickly.
A Pickup Truck is probably the most valuable when the bed has already been scratched once and is ready to work!
Would you rather have a 10 year old Pontiac Bonneville (RIP) or a 10 year old Silverado? Most would pay way more for the truck.
I agree with you. Pick up trucks in general hold their value better than any vehicle currently.
Old 03-11-19, 10:16 AM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by mbarron37
The problem with the LX is that it is a dinosaur by today’s standards. Yes, it is a very well built SUV, but way behind the times with tech. If you plan on keeping the vehicle 10 years or 200k+ miles then this is the vehicle for you.

if and when a totally redesigned LX comes out in the next year or two, then I would expect state of the art tech. Values of the 200 series LX will fall when the new LX comes out. We are in crazy times when consumers don’t hold on to their vehicles very long and that tech changes year to year. Rumors of a turbo 6 replacing the wonderful 5.7 are also floating about.

i have a friend that just traded his car for the same exact car but the new model had Apple car play. People jump ship faster today then ever before. Crazy times, but you need to focus on what is important to you and your wallet. Good luck.
I agree with you. Although I would not leave a vehicle for apple car play alone. And I know you can do the same function in the LX thru SIRI Hands free as far as text messages, which is very similar to apple car play, it is just not as convenient or as easy in the LX. And I agree with you on the build quality of the LX, it is superb. Although I do not think it is a dinosaur , I actually think it is very advanced for what it is. Although as good as the 5.7 may be, it tells you something when toyota/Lexus IS going to turbo 6's ( ford) , after watching to see if another manufacturer ( ford) would have success with a turbo six cylinder (eco boost). I will be curious too see how Lexus/Toyota changes their tune towards unreliable turbo engines when they start implenting them in SUV'S and trucks. Lexus/Toyota lets other manufacturers come out with the latest technology, then after the technology has been out about 5 years then they copy it, and often times perfect it. Monkey see Monkey Do.

I agree with you, if you are not going to keep a LX for 5 plus years and 100,000 plus miles it probably is not worth it at $ 75,000.00 ( used) to $ 91,000.00 brand new after discounts.
Old 03-11-19, 02:43 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Ftcgsf
Just out of curiosity , Do you like your 2018 LX 570 ? Do you wish you had purchased a different vehicle ? I take it you do not like the infotainment system in the LX ?

I am really struggling with my decision because as much as I like the LX 570, the Sync 3 infotainment in the ford raptor is flawless. I have to give Ford credit, they did a fantastic job with the technology and infotainment system in the late model fords. And I am getting very comfortable with the apple car play in the raptor, especially for sending text messages while I am driving. The other thing that bothers me about the LX 570 is it drops like a lead in value, meaning depreciation, compared to the ford raptor. I am not a person who keeps vehicles over 5 years, so maybe the LX is not for me. And I just wish Lexus/toyota would keep up with the latest technology, because the message of paying premium for " reliability" is wearing out very fast. There are plenty of fords, Rams, and GMC products on the road with 200,000 miles on them. The key is keeping up with maintenance.
No, we don't like our '18 LX. Thinking of adding a second Ceyenne to the garage and getting rid of the LX.

In addition to the krap user interface with the car, the 8 speed transmission is much worse that the '11 we traded in. I also am a little suspicious of the reliability of the 18 against the 11 we had. It just doesn't feel as sorted as the two earlier examples we had. About the only improvement as far as I can tell is the addition of the adaptive cruise control which I do like and use.

Last edited by REDHORSE; 03-11-19 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-11-19, 03:36 PM
Ftcgsf
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
No, we don't like our '18 LX. Thinking of adding a second Ceyenne to the garage and getting rid of the LX.

In addition to the krap user interface with the car, the 8 speed transmission is much worse that the '11 we traded in. I also am a little suspicious of the reliability of the 18 against the 11 we had. It just doesn't feel as sorted as the two earlier examples we had. About the only improvement as far as I can tell is the addition of the adaptive cruise control which I do like and use.
Wow ! That is very definitive in your answer, definitely no wavering at all. And you have a second very high quality vehicle to compare it against, plus you owned 2 other lx 570’s.
Old 03-14-19, 08:14 PM
Stacey2447
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Apple car play

I have the most recent lx570 inspiration model and no Apple car play. Someone said they had it? Is there an update or software I am missing?
Old 07-30-21, 07:06 AM
montyf33
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say " vent mount" do mean a holder that mounts to dash for phone ?

As much as I would like to get into the LX 570 I have a feeling I will be giving up a lot of technology and paying more when I trade in my ford raptor. Don't get me wrong, I love the LX 570, but the raptor is full of technology and ford has done a excellent job with the my sync 3 infotainment. Dare say I would put the sync 3 up against any car manufacturers infotainment system right now.
I just sold my raptor and bought an Lx570. My raptor with only 18k miles lived in the shop. 16 times over 3 years. Majority of which were engine problems.yes the infotainment tech is the worst in the business in the Lx 😁 but at this point, the reliability and lexus service is more important to me.
The following users liked this post:
gbouton (07-30-21)
Old 07-31-21, 10:33 AM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Out dated tech and stupid controls is why my 18 was traded for Cayenne Turbo. Had been a big fan of the LX but they are way behind the times IMO.
Old 07-31-21, 07:10 PM
biff44
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 46 Posts

I am currently looking at lightly used 2018 LX 570. I was wondering from current LX 570 owners if the 2018 LX 570 comes with apple car play ?
Thank You.
the 2018 def does NOT support apple car play. and if i read it correctly, neither do the years up to 2021.

there is plenty of tech in a 2018....just not in the nav system part of it!
i just use my Iphone in a gooseneck cup holder for when i need to use google maps. Its a good reason to buy the biggest Iphone they make!
I am relatively happy with the lexus nav system though.

If you absolutely need car play, i believe there is an aftermarket cpu module you can install.

Last edited by biff44; 07-31-21 at 07:13 PM.

Quick Reply: 2018 lx 570