LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New Owner Feedback

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-18, 11:33 AM
fosterelli
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New Owner Feedback

So as a new owner of an '18 LX 570...hoping some experts have some tips.

1. The camera system and the tunnel/black areas is very strange to get accustomed to. What's up with that? I feel like my camera is inside a tunnel. First vehicle we've ever owned with this black surround. I thought my system was broken until I looked at some YouTube videos which show the same border around the camera view. Looks like crap IMO!

2. No easy way to synchronize the HVAC settings? Currently have to go into Climate settings with the mousepad to deselect/uncheck the 4-zone. Any easier ways?

Loving the rig so far. Had it parked at the airport for a couple of days, rented an Expedition MAX Limited while in Chicago. Wow, what a POS that Expedition was...anyway, couldn't wait to get back to the LX.
Old 10-18-18, 11:42 AM
fosterelli
Rookie

Oh yeah, and man...I'm not complaining (okay it'll sound like it) but when I have all of my features turned on, what's up w/ Lexus making them all display a lamp on the dashboard? Looks like I have a bunch of check engine/warning lights on! Annoying part of the car for sure.
Old 10-19-18, 12:00 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

It’s annoying at first but after 3 weeks I barely notice it

Originally Posted by fosterelli
Oh yeah, and man...I'm not complaining (okay it'll sound like it) but when I have all of my features turned on, what's up w/ Lexus making them all display a lamp on the dashboard? Looks like I have a bunch of check engine/warning lights on! Annoying part of the car for sure.
Old 10-20-18, 01:45 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

IMO, Toyota engineers need to buy some Porsches and study their operator interfaces. Porsche's are much more intuitive to me, and it absolutely drives me crazy when I can't enter info in the navigation system while the Lexus is moving. Lawyers run amok for sure. I long for the days when there was the super secret process of touching the Nav screen to allow access to all features while moving.
Old 10-20-18, 06:25 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I believe BeatSonic makes an interface to do that.

Originally Posted by REDHORSE
IMO, Toyota engineers need to buy some Porsches and study their operator interfaces. Porsche's are much more intuitive to me, and it absolutely drives me crazy when I can't enter info in the navigation system while the Lexus is moving. Lawyers run amok for sure. I long for the days when there was the super secret process of touching the Nav screen to allow access to all features while moving.
The following 2 users liked this post by lexusrus:
fosterelli (10-22-18), REDHORSE (10-21-18)
Old 10-22-18, 01:12 PM
fosterelli
Rookie

Originally Posted by UZ214

It’s annoying at first but after 3 weeks I barely notice it

Yeah I switch between several vehicles so it's always painfully obvious that I have a million idiot lamps in my speedo area. And I'm not sure I'll ever get used to the lackluster reverse camera tunnel vision system!

+1 to this. Insane lockout level with this rig while in motion. Very behind the times. Just throw up a disclaimer when attempting to use the system while moving...let us click "OK" to the agreement and move on like every other OEM!

Another thing, my HUD is offset to the right. Kills me because all of our other HUDs are centered. I thought my HUD must be broken but I've seen another one like this on a video so I guess it's correct.

But hey, I'll take the weird things, because I absolutely love this vehicle! Although it is very difficult to go from the RR to the LX - I'm thinking a supercharger is in my near future.

Last edited by fosterelli; 10-22-18 at 01:20 PM.
Old 10-23-18, 04:30 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

I avoid the annoying idiot lights on our 18 LX by just running digital speedometer in the center box. That way I don't have to look at the analog speedometer. Most of our driving is in the daytime so that also helps.

90% of my road travel is in the Cayenne Turbo with the LX filling the grocery getter duties around town, but performance at highway speeds has never been a strong suit for any of my previous 3 LX's.
Old 10-24-18, 09:49 AM
fosterelli
Rookie

I avoid the annoying idiot lights on our 18 LX by just running digital speedometer in the center box. That way I don't have to look at the analog speedometer. Most of our driving is in the daytime so that also helps.
Yeah, look at this mess! At least during the day I just use HUD anyway...but at night it's more annoying.

Old 10-25-18, 08:43 AM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

I agree on the HUD being offset to the right. Very annoying.
And... the most important piece of info (the speedometer) is at the far right of the HUD display. If I move around in the seat a bit, the right digit gets cut off from the line of site. (So 65 mph looks like 6)
And And.... What the LX displays in the center of the HUD screen is the compass. (North, South, etc). Who cares about the direction? How often does someone need to know in which direction they are traveling? For that, just look at the NAV screen. The whole idea of HUD is to display just the basic necessary info so we can keep our eyes on the road.
And And And... Its not bright enough (even in its brightest setting) to be seen well in daylight. And god forbid if you're wearing sunglasses during the day, then you can forget about seeing anything at all on the HUD.
Lexus, please look at the HUD of a 2017 Mercedes S550 and copy it!
The following users liked this post:
fosterelli (10-25-18)
Old 10-25-18, 10:33 AM
fosterelli
Rookie

FYI in case you don't know, polarized sunglasses really limit your HUD view...

LOL I think if I get a Check Engine lamp I won't even notice it within the plethora of other lamps displayed all day & night!

Definitely the HUD should be more customizable - our Escalade (my most-hated-vehicle-of-all-time) kicks the Lexus to the curb in regards to the HUD. And moving it left-to-right would be nice!
Wish the Lexus had BMW's speed limit sign camera/reading capabilities and functionality too.

But I'm still in love with this rig so bring on the Magnuson supercharger already!! (waiting for the wife's green light to illuminate on my dashboard so I can send the funds!)
Old 10-25-18, 02:11 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

I happened to be out after dark in the LX last night and counted 10 idiot lights illuminated. Just really uncalled for.
The following users liked this post:
fosterelli (10-26-18)
Old 10-25-18, 06:45 PM
Dudley33
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default You can adjust HUD side to side

There is an adjustment you can make to move the HUD side to side and up and down on the windshield. Did you try that?
Old 10-26-18, 04:01 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

I wear polarized sunglasses and can't see the HUD at all during the day. The Audi S8 I traded at least you could still see the HUD even if it was very subdued when I was wearing my sunglasses.
Old 11-01-18, 02:26 PM
UZ214
Pole Position

Received 221 Likes on 163 Posts

I agree on the HUD being offset to the right. Very annoying. - I agree/ when you adjust the seat its worse because you can't adjust the HUD.
Originally Posted by Ashron
I agree on the HUD being offset to the right. Very annoying.
And... the most important piece of info (the speedometer) is at the far right of the HUD display. If I move around in the seat a bit, the right digit gets cut off from the line of site. (So 65 mph looks like 6)
And And.... What the LX displays in the center of the HUD screen is the compass. (North, South, etc). Who cares about the direction? How often does someone need to know in which direction they are traveling? For that, just look at the NAV screen. The whole idea of HUD is to display just the basic necessary info so we can keep our eyes on the road.
And And And... Its not bright enough (even in its brightest setting) to be seen well in daylight. And god forbid if you're wearing sunglasses during the day, then you can forget about seeing anything at all on the HUD.
Lexus, please look at the HUD of a 2017 Mercedes S550 and copy it!
Old 11-01-18, 06:41 PM
REDHORSE
Pole Position

Just did a 700 mile trip in my 18 LX. I decided that it feels like many of the new gadgets found on other brands have been added to the LX without much thought on how they are integrated or work, just added to keep up with the competition in the ad area.

My biggest pet peeve is still the lockout on the navigation when you are moving. This is absolutely stupid. I wasn't locked out on my Audi and am not locked out on my Cayenne. The HUD is really not well thought out as to location, and the work required to change radio stations is just stupid.

Quick Reply: New Owner Feedback