LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

New (to me) 16 LX570

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-18, 10:31 AM
ssagaji
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default New (to me) 16 LX570

Finally got my rig after trading in my 2012 BMW 750Li that spent 2+ months out of the 38 months I owned it back at the dealer getting a dictionary's worth of issues "fixed". Thank goodness for BMW CPO and their $50 deductible.

Anyways the specific question I have is where does everyone who has a large phone mount theirs?? I have a Note9, and other than resorting to cheap magnetic vent mounts or the not quite sturdy cd slot holders I can't seem to pinpoint where exactly to put the phone. Cup holder is the only way if I lay it flat on its side. Thinking of getting a Pro Clip vehicle specific solution, but it's pricey and I'm not a fan of the location. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by ssagaji; 10-22-18 at 04:27 PM.
Old 10-17-18, 01:00 PM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 346 Likes on 236 Posts

Originally Posted by ssagaji
Finally got my dream car after trading in my 2012 BMW 750Li that spent 2+ months out of the 38 months I owned it back at the dealer getting a dictionary's worth of issues "fixed". Thank goodness for BMW CPO and their $50 deductible.

Anyways the specific question I have is where does everyone who has a large phone mount theirs?? I have a Note9, and other than resorting to cheap magnetic vent mounts I can't seem to pinpoint where exactly to put the phone. Cup holder is the only way if I lay it flat on its side. Thinking of getting a Pro Clip vehicle specific solution, but it's pricey and I'm not a fan of the location. Any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated!
Congrats on a beautiful LX and welcome to the club. FYI- Your question about a phone clip may draw more feedback in the Car Chat forum (go to Forums --> General --> Car Chat) and give it a title related to the phone clip. I don't think the responses need to be specific to an LX570 so you may get good info from more members by posting it there.
The following users liked this post:
ssagaji (10-18-18)
Old 10-17-18, 01:08 PM
MagnumP45
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the exact same question you do. I did research and went with Magnet Mount. I got the one that wirelessly charges the phone. I just ordered a few days ago, so I can't give you any personal insight yet. If everything works as they say, I may be very happy. Keep in mind, I am not saying buy one, it's just the only solution that looked good to me. Here is the website.

https://themagnetmount.com/collectio...charging-mount
ssagaji (10-18-18)
Old 10-17-18, 04:13 PM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

Beautiful and congratulations. Mine is black on black 2017. Love that color combo and the new LX-570 body style. Enjoy!
ssagaji (10-18-18)
Old 10-19-18, 07:07 PM
mdjackson2
Driver School Candidate

That is a great looking 570. How many miles?
Old 10-20-18, 06:40 AM
ssagaji
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mdjackson2
That is a great looking 570. How many miles?
Thanks for the kind words. Got the rig with a little under 13500 miles and that was a few weeks ago. $200 in gas later and I just crossed the 14k threshold lol...
Old 10-20-18, 06:39 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

LOL, the LX570 sure is thirsty!!!

No so bad at costant highway speeds. City stop and go traffic it drops down to single digits mpg!! Must pay to play!!!

Thanks for the kind words. Got the rig with a little under 13500 miles and that was a few weeks ago. $200 in gas later and I just crossed the 14k threshold lol...
Old 10-21-18, 05:17 AM
mdjackson2
Driver School Candidate

That is one thing I will never get used to
Old 10-21-18, 11:33 PM
Chocolate
Instructor

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

As far as the phone mount, I have yet to find a better solution than an AC vent mount. Takes up very little space when not in use, out of line of sight without a phone, shows Google Maps in full view in landscape (better than factory nav). Like you, I wasn't interested in any cheesy semi permanent or magnetic mounts that require a bulky attachment to the phone. Takes only a few seconds to remove or put in place, but as the black version blends in pretty well with the vents and is narrow enough to allow air to pass, I leave it in.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WX271-360-A...-/322285439855

Old 10-23-18, 06:09 AM
fosterelli
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The Pro Clip systems are vehicle-specific and you purchase the mount and the phone holder separately.
Mount:
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount
Phone Holders:
https://www.proclipusa.com/device/ph...-galaxy-note-9
Old 10-23-18, 11:17 AM
ssagaji
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fosterelli
The Pro Clip systems are vehicle-specific and you purchase the mount and the phone holder separately.
Mount:
https://www.proclipusa.com/product/8...-console-mount
Phone Holders:
https://www.proclipusa.com/device/ph...-galaxy-note-9
My point exactly $30 for the mount and say another $30 or so depending on the type of phone holder is way too much to spend on a vehicle specific solution. Plus I hated the location of it and for me using a ProClip mount blocked the fingerprint unlock feature on my phone.

Looks like a cheap Ebay Made in China vent clip for $5 is the most cost effective solution that makes sense for me. Now whether or not it actually manages to hold my phone or not is a whole other issue lol...
Old 10-23-18, 01:52 PM
fosterelli
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My point exactly $30 for the mount and say another $30 or so depending on the type of phone holder is way too much to spend on a vehicle specific solution. Plus I hated the location of it and for me using a ProClip mount blocked the fingerprint unlock feature on my phone.
Ha I didn't even read the last sentence of your original post...could've saved myself some time!

Although I would also say $60 total for a system is not too much to spend for most, if said system is one that aesthetically and functionally suits their needs. In perspective, $1,000 cell phone in a $100,000 car using a $60 mount...to each their own!

Yeah, I refuse to use my phone in the car except via bluetooth and no screen use...I'm old school and prefer to unplug while driving. But I have used some magnets in the past with some success...just not helpful for you as they weren't in the LX.

Last edited by fosterelli; 10-24-18 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10-23-18, 05:29 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Looks like a cheap Ebay Made in China vent clip for $5 is the most cost effective solution that makes sense for me. Now whether or not it actually manages to hold my phone or not is a whole other issue lol...
I was gonna' comment on not having the screen line-of-sight with the view through the windshield, but OP answered that concern.

I agree $60 is way to much for a phone holder. If I do answer a call, it's via bluetooth. Text messages and the internet are ignored if I'm in the truck, unless stopped and parked.

If I do actually use the phone, it's in the GPS mode using a beanbag pillow pad with a suction cup mount on the top side.

Old 10-24-18, 11:44 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

$12 with AMAZON free shipping.

We found these to be very sturdy.

Please see below:

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.o...%3D&reserved=0

Originally Posted by hankinid
I was gonna' comment on not having the screen line-of-sight with the view through the windshield, but OP answered that concern.

I agree $60 is way to much for a phone holder. If I do answer a call, it's via bluetooth. Text messages and the internet are ignored if I'm in the truck, unless stopped and parked.

If I do actually use the phone, it's in the GPS mode using a beanbag pillow pad with a suction cup mount on the top side.

Last edited by lexusrus; 10-24-18 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-28-18, 09:27 AM
ssagaji
Driver School Candidate

Newly tinted finally feels complete - for stage 1. Stage 2 would be the dual side exit JDM Wald exhaust and final stage still being debated would be 24" wheels lol. Time to save up...

Quick Reply: New (to me) 16 LX570