LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Safety features in Action?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-18, 06:22 PM
john341
Pole Position

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts
Smile Safety features in Action?

Looks like the LX 570 Auto braked right before the Camaro collided with the Rav4. If so I am really impressed. Just wanted to post it here.
Old 04-01-18, 08:21 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

Yep. It happened to me twice that PCS kicked in. Once in intersection, a pickup truck suddenly decided stop in green light and middle of the intersection. I was more worried the car behind me is going to hit me. Luckily the car stopped with inches of spare. Other time is off the highway ramp and vehicle in from lost direction and stopped try to decide which way to go.... both time PCS function worked very where, with big red "BREAK" flashing on HUD and high pitch beeping, then following by a throttle reduction and hard breaking, very impressive.
Old 04-02-18, 11:17 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Or maybe the fact that the white LX570 on the left rides higher than most cars and the driver was able to see the white Camaro running the red light coming from the left and hit the brakes? Either way, it was impressive.

Question: . Does the PCS with emergency braking on the LX570 ABLE TO SEE TRAFFIC COMING AT THAT FAST SPEED AND STOP IN TIME? Is the PCS with emergency braking only "forward looking"? Anybody know?

Question: Does the rear brake lights light up during PCS emergency braking to warn people from behind?

Originally Posted by john341
Looks like the LX 570 Auto braked right before the Camaro collided with the Rav4. If so I am really impressed. Just wanted to post it here.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYimlrucN4s
Old 04-02-18, 03:20 PM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
Or maybe the fact that the white LX570 on the left rides higher than most cars and the driver was able to see the white Camaro running the red light coming from the left and hit the brakes? Either way, it was impressive.

Question: . Does the PCS with emergency braking on the LX570 ABLE TO SEE TRAFFIC COMING AT THAT FAST SPEED AND STOP IN TIME? Is the PCS with emergency braking only "forward looking"? Anybody know?

Question: Does the rear brake lights light up during PCS emergency braking to warn people from behind?
PCS mesures distance and time to possible collision with the object in front of vehicle, yes, relative speed is the key. When PCS engaged, rear break lights will light up to warn the driver behind it. It works the same way in adaptive cruise situation, when LX detects front of vehicle and starting to slowing down from he set speed, the break light will emit to warn the driver(s) behind it.
Old 04-02-18, 04:14 PM
signdetres
Racer

Received 870 Likes on 502 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus

This... I'm betting the LX driver was able to see the Camaro coming and stop in time as the generation of PCS in the LX570 does not support cross-traffic but rather collisions with vehicles traveling in the same direction (aka forward looking).
Old 04-03-18, 02:32 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I thought so. Thanks for the confirmation. In order for the system to see that white Camaro coming from the left at that fast a speed , the system will have an extremely sophisticated AI to differentiate all three vectors of travel.

Here in SoCal,.........I see too many drivers running red lights.

When I'm crossing any intersection, I always look left, right, and left again before I cross, especially if I'm first or second in line.

​​​​​​​I wonder if the driver and passengers, if any, in that Toyota RV4 hit by the Camaro and the people in the car in turn got hit by the Toyota RAV4 were all ok? It looks like the motorcycle rider was ok since the TV news subsequently interviewed him.

Originally Posted by signdetres
This... I'm betting the LX driver was able to see the Camaro coming and stop in time as the generation of PCS in the LX570 does not support cross-traffic but rather collisions with vehicles traveling in the same direction (aka forward looking).
Old 04-07-18, 08:38 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

wow lucky for the motorcycle driver!

I dont believe PCS was available on lexus LX models until 2016. Someone else can correct me on this. Also, PCS wont activate on some models below something like 15 mph or something. It was driver reflexes!
Old 04-08-18, 06:57 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by T4Fun
I dont believe PCS was available on lexus LX models until 2016.
Here is a link to the 2009 LX brochure that shows it: http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...X-Brochure.pdf
Old 04-08-18, 12:50 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Kansas
Here is a link to the 2009 LX brochure that shows it: http://www.lexus.com/documents/broch...X-Brochure.pdf
thanks
so yes, PCS not available on LX until 2016 when it also added BSM and led headlights and all other gadgets to catch it up. Now its behind times again....
Old 04-08-18, 01:39 PM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

so yes, PCS not available on LX until 2016 when it also added BSM and led headlights and all other gadgets to catch it up. Now its behind times again....
I don't understand your response. Per the brochure at the link I posted, PCS was optional on the LX by at least the 2009 model year. Did you mean to say that PCS was not standard until the 2016 model year?

Now its behind times again....
How so?