LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Sad to be selling my 2017 LX

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-18, 05:46 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

LOL.....to me an RV (retirement vehicle) is something like a Camry where we only needed to take our kids OCCASIONALLY vs NOW we needed the LX and A REAL RV to haul the kids and their gears around!!! LOL

Originally Posted by streborc
I bought my 2017 LX RV (retirement vehicle) last summer and plan to keep it for a couple years for road tripping. Audi makes a good vehicle, but I was turned off on them as the last city where I lived, anyone driving an Audi had an attitude (even though most were probably 3 months in arrears on payments and driving fast to avoid the repo man). I just avoided getting too close to any Audi on the street because you could count on the driver doing something stupid -- Audis always have the right of way you know (or so their owners think). When I need to turn heads, I'll order an LC.
Old 02-26-18, 07:17 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by Chocolate
Audi and Porsche have come a long way in reliability and they have some very interesting designs. I would definitely choose them over MB and BMW and we have an S4 in the family.

Still a Toyota loyalist though with my history for the company.
I have owned both MB and BMW and we could not agree more. Thanks.
Old 02-26-18, 10:21 AM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would certainly vouch for not only the reliability but also resale value of Porsches. Audis, I definitely like them better than BMWs and MBs, but not sure about their reliability. But with the R8 you are making an absolutely great choice. Also there are strong rumors that there will not be a third generation so the upcoming facelift will be the last R8 that Audi makes for the foreseeable future. Too much overlap with the Huracan for VWs liking and it is affecting the sales as well.
Old 02-26-18, 08:58 PM
docboy
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratz, post pics when you get a chance.

I had a 2002 911 turbo as my 3rd fun car, but traded it in for the NX300H as I barely drove it and my wife's RX was getting old and she was in need of a new car. It was a midlife crisis car for sure, and I definitely miss driving it. One of these days I'll get another fun car...
Old 02-27-18, 02:30 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by docboy
Congratz, post pics when you get a chance.

I had a 2002 911 turbo as my 3rd fun car, but traded it in for the NX300H as I barely drove it and my wife's RX was getting old and she was in need of a new car. It was a midlife crisis car for sure, and I definitely miss driving it. One of these days I'll get another fun car...
Thanks. Looks like we will be putting an order in as my salesperson is unable to find the options I want. Hate to order and wait but it will be worth it in the end.
Old 02-28-18, 12:16 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

So you would get an Audi R8 over a Lambo Huracan? I don't know too much about the R8 vs the Huracan. I know both looks cool and fun!!

Originally Posted by andreasP
I would certainly vouch for not only the reliability but also resale value of Porsches. Audis, I definitely like them better than BMWs and MBs, but not sure about their reliability. But with the R8 you are making an absolutely great choice. Also there are strong rumors that there will not be a third generation so the upcoming facelift will be the last R8 that Audi makes for the foreseeable future. Too much overlap with the Huracan for VWs liking and it is affecting the sales as well.
The following users liked this post:
ggebhardt (02-28-18)
Old 02-28-18, 08:30 AM
docboy
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
So you would get an Audi R8 over a Lambo Huracan? I don't know too much about the R8 vs the Huracan. I know both looks cool and fun!!
The R8 has literally the same engine as the Lambo, with minute tweaks of course. Both are definitely awesome but the R8 is more reasonable to maintain and own. A friend of mine has a R8 and he loves it.
Old 02-28-18, 08:54 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by docboy
The R8 has literally the same engine as the Lambo, with minute tweaks of course. Both are definitely awesome but the R8 is more reasonable to maintain and own. A friend of mine has a R8 and he loves it.
The R8 won me over after the test ride. The sales person knew I was serious and let me drive the vehicle on both highway and around town in stop and go traffic. It has been a long time since I felt such a long hard pull like the R8 delivers, reminds me of my high school days when I had a Dodge Charger with a 440 engine and a "six pack" feeding it. I talked to the sales person about the maint on the R8 and he said the biggest complaint was how fast it went through tires! That is understandable.
Old 02-28-18, 09:01 AM
andreasP
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I see myself as a Ferrari guy, so no Lambo for me. The R8 and Huracan are just different flavors of the same car.
I would love to add an F12 to my small car collection of 911 and LX. Maybe one day before such beauties are gone forever and all that is left are electric cars that drive themselves. But I have other priorities...
Old 02-28-18, 11:41 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Originally Posted by andreasP
I see myself as a Ferrari guy, so no Lambo for me. The R8 and Huracan are just different flavors of the same car.
I would love to add an F12 to my small car collection of 911 and LX. Maybe one day before such beauties are gone forever and all that is left are electric cars that drive themselves. But I have other priorities...
Love the looks of the Ferrari F12, nice machine indeed!