LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Just joined the club!

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-17, 07:17 AM
14LX570
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up Just joined the club!

Hey guys, wanted to say hi. Just bought my first Lexus the other day, 2014 Lexus LX570 with 23k miles. I'm coming from a BMW X5 4.8iS so kind of missing the sporty drive but more than willing to give that up for reliability and less depreciation! Several questions for you.

First, I had "BMW" branded weather tech floor liners in my X5 that were great, any chance they have "LEXUS" branded weather tech floor liners? I've looked but haven't found anything yet. It's not the end of the world if I have to get the regular floor liners that say weather tech on them, but I thought i'd try first.

Second, I like to haul bikes, motorcycles etc, and possibly towing in the future. What receiver hitch to you guys recommend? Right now it just has the factory hitch cover installed. Also do you guys mess with XM radio if its expired, or just use your smart phones? And since this will mainly be street driven what oil change intervals do you recommend, 5k miles? All season tire recommendations?

Thats about it for now. Feel free to school me on other things I should know about this new beast. I was loving the drive back to Denver after I picked it up, these things are sweet! It's first adventure with be driving to Anchorage AK next month, looking forward to the trip.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Just joined the club!-img_3902-3.jpg   Just joined the club!-img_3925-3.jpg  
Old 06-15-17, 10:36 AM
14LX570
Driver School Candidate

Scratch that, didn't know it had a factory standard hitch receiver.
Old 06-15-17, 11:21 AM
ggebhardt
Pole Position

Received 498 Likes on 378 Posts

Go tot he weathertech site, they have the liners. I had them on ever vehicle.

If using synthetic oil every 10k, if dino oil every 5K is when I would do it.

I like my SAT radio so I keep it current.
Old 06-15-17, 11:23 AM
14LX570
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the info!
Old 06-15-17, 06:09 PM
ndg
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the car. I don't know the 2014, as I have a 2011. Mine did not come with the wiring harness to connect trailer lights and brake. You might want to double check that before you get ready to tow. (My wife borrowed a trailer and hitch, but we found there were no wires. My dealer didn't have them, so I ordered from etrailer.com. I ended up not using it, but it fit two plugs tucked under my bumper on the rear passenger side.)

I have white with tan interior. My kids were young and hard on the mats when I bought it, so I bought an extra set of standard floor mats in tan/cashmere. I use the stock black ones when they need to be cleaned or if it's snowy/rainy.

I use Mobil 1 synthetic whenever the oil reminder light signals me.

I let the free XM expire years ago. $15 a month for radio annoyed me. (I know I spend $15 on gas each time we drive it, but there's plenty of radio in my town.)

My original Dunlop tires wore quickly, so I replaced them with Michelins from Costco. I've had them for several years and been happy.
Old 06-15-17, 06:42 PM
14LX570
Driver School Candidate

Good to know, thank you that helps a lot.
Old 06-17-17, 12:09 AM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

Our 2013 LX570 came with a tow bar thing you put into the built in trailer hitch receiver. Along with some wire harness package to plug into the wire harness receiver on the passenger side under the rear bumper area. All these hardware comes in an OEM Toyota labeled box. As I recall the only thing additional was the trailer hitch "ball" that we had to buy to make it work (I don't recall exactly as I have two other vehicles that I use to tow trailers with and each had similar setup which was interchangeable).

Originally Posted by 14LX570
Hey guys, wanted to say hi. Just bought my first Lexus the other day, 2014 Lexus LX570 with 23k miles. I'm coming from a BMW X5 4.8iS so kind of missing the sporty drive but more than willing to give that up for reliability and less depreciation! Several questions for you.

First, I had "BMW" branded weather tech floor liners in my X5 that were great, any chance they have "LEXUS" branded weather tech floor liners? I've looked but haven't found anything yet. It's not the end of the world if I have to get the regular floor liners that say weather tech on them, but I thought i'd try first.

Second, I like to haul bikes, motorcycles etc, and possibly towing in the future. What receiver hitch to you guys recommend? Right now it just has the factory hitch cover installed. Also do you guys mess with XM radio if its expired, or just use your smart phones? And since this will mainly be street driven what oil change intervals do you recommend, 5k miles? All season tire recommendations?

Thats about it for now. Feel free to school me on other things I should know about this new beast. I was loving the drive back to Denver after I picked it up, these things are sweet! It's first adventure with be driving to Anchorage AK next month, looking forward to the trip.

Thanks!
Old 06-19-17, 07:53 AM
jbny
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congratulations 14LX570 - I am considering the same and i still have X5 4.8IS.

Can you let me know the differences in ride and handling and anything else you can between the two, as the 10 min test drive I took wasn't enough.

I guess in general compare the two :-) if possible.

Thank you
Old 06-19-17, 09:49 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 670 Likes on 591 Posts

Congrats to you!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 06-20-17, 04:01 PM
14LX570
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jbny
Congratulations 14LX570 - I am considering the same and i still have X5 4.8IS.

Can you let me know the differences in ride and handling and anything else you can between the two, as the 10 min test drive I took wasn't enough.

I guess in general compare the two :-) if possible.

Thank you
Thank you! Well I kept my X5 as an extra set of wheels. Over the 5 years i've owned it I have put a bunch of new parts into it, didn't make sense to sell it (give it away). So I've been driving both lately. Big difference between the two. Obviously the 570 feels like a boat compared to the X5, its just a bigger truck plain and simple. The handling in the X5 is typical BMW, feels like a big go cart. Its a true pavement pounding autobahn bomber, and thats what I love about it. The drivers seat is more comfortable in the BMW and better contouring to your body, makes long drives better. I noticed when I drove the 570 back to town my butt was getting tired (stiffer seat) which I wasn't used to. A couple things I haven't gotten used to yet on the 570 is the screen. I'm used to just being able to push a quick button to adjust things like climate, radio, cd stuff. Its a little more involved on the LX because a lot of things are controlled by the screen, kind of a pain in the butt when driving. These are pretty minor things though. Overall I'm glad I made the switch. The X5 is made for the streets. The LX will take you anywhere, break less parts and break less often (hopefully), and have a longer life. It might have a higher cost of entry but will cost less over the long run (buying both used). I plan on driving this LX beast for 10 years, unless I get the bug to update to a newer one down the line Plus I did the math, it only comes out to $30-$50 more in gas per month on the LX vs. the X5. And I think I can put 300k miles on the LX no problem. Let me know if you have any other questions. Hope that helps!
Old 06-20-17, 07:45 PM
T4Fun
Racer

Received 33 Likes on 31 Posts

congrats
you probably got the best year of the LX besides 2015 on this ​​​​​current generation imho.
better wheels, better tranny, and SC upgradeablity.
Old 06-20-17, 09:16 PM
14LX570
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by T4Fun
congrats
you probably got the best year of the LX besides 2015 on this ​​​​​current generation imho.
better wheels, better tranny, and SC upgradeablity.
thanks. I researched and researched before I bought this one and for the life of me couldn't find websites that showed me the differences between 13,14,15 model years... that's good to know though. That's the first I've heard of changes within these model years.
Old 06-22-17, 10:30 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 346 Likes on 236 Posts

Welcome. Love the color combo you got. It's a great rig and will treat you well if you just do the routine maintenance. It's no BMW when it comes to the thrill of driving it, but it's also no BMW when it comes to things that can and will go wrong...