LX - 3rd Gen (2008-2021) Posts related to the LX570 belong in this forum

Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-16, 04:28 PM
Lummie2IS
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlevi
to be honest I'm to sure what he's used. (got it detailed due to the shape the car was in) but he was using a power washer that had a special tip on it.
Can't wait to finally take mine on he trails. I had my car ceramic coated to reduce the amount of paint damage to the car. Hopefully it helps and wasn't a complete waste of money.
Old 02-01-16, 07:19 PM
dlevi
Driver School Candidate

Default fried alternator

Originally Posted by ClaytonW
How this could happen? Some mud got inside?
yeah I'm pretty sure it was mud. the engine was completely coated in mud along with everything else.
Old 02-23-16, 08:50 AM
Ashron
Pit Crew

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
Default LX at Work / LX at Play

LX-570 at work during the week and at play on the week-end.
The best of both worlds!
Attached Thumbnails Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2816.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2818.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2821.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2790.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2797.jpg  

Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2799.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2801.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2802.jpg   Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours-img_2810.jpg  
Old 02-29-16, 12:16 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

My LX in Death Valley and quite rare super bloom here.

Old 02-29-16, 10:23 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

[IMG](photo)[/IMG]
Sorry.....I could not leave a good thing alone and I messed with your picture....but I only have my phone editor apps handy.

Last edited by MattBianco; 02-29-16 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-01-16, 02:15 PM
gama2002
Driver School Candidate

Are those wheels and tire from a Sequoia /Tundra ?
Old 03-01-16, 03:20 PM
ClaytonW
Advanced

Received 99 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by gama2002
Are those wheels and tire from a Sequoia /Tundra ?
Yes, good observation! These are 18" Tundra wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak DM-V1 dedicated winter tires (275/65/R18). No problems with them, although they have about 4% larger diameter, there is no rubbing. I already purchased 18" wheels from '16 Land Cruiser and plan to use them with Michelin LTX A/T2 (also 275/65R18) for the summer season. I hope that Michelin LTX A/T2 will be a good compromise for highway driving with some occasional light offroading (I have heavily modified Jeep Wrangler for difficult 4x4 trails). If LX would be my only SUV, I would probably choose BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 tires which are more suitable for offroad trails.
Old 03-01-16, 09:12 PM
MattBianco
Driver

At the stables today.

The following users liked this post:
elibutton (11-01-20)
Old 03-03-16, 10:20 PM
AustinHusk
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gama2002
Nightfall mica is a delicate color similar to my previous carbon black BMW so I decided to apply both Xpel clear bra and ceramic pro.
This is aftermarket install. I never go to the dealer for clear bra install, they charge too much.
I went to a nearby shop that install to high end sportcars.
I talked to the shop owner and he gave me a good deal for both Xpel and ceramic pro.
The ceramic pro was applied on top of the Xpel ultimate. I search online and ask my friends. The best clear bra is Xpel ultimate. It has 10 yr warranty and self heal. Scratches can be fix by heating with blow dryer.
The ceramic pro is a new product in the market , do Seach in YouTube . Mine has 5 year warranty against scratch. Just to clarify, ceramic pro will make the paint scratch resistant but NOT scatch proof. The good thing about ceramic pro, the car can be easily be cleaned by hosing with water and dirt will easily fall off.
It's up to you how much area and $ you want to cover with clear bra. I decided to do full hood , full front bumper as i planned to use it in highways.
Check your in box. I have some questions about the Xpel and ceramic pro
Old 03-04-16, 05:48 AM
gama2002
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by AustinHusk
Check your in box. I have some questions about the Xpel and ceramic pro

if you have facebook account, search for "Unique Car care- AutoDetailing"
Browse how they pamper different sportscar and SUVs there
Old 03-04-16, 07:54 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Originally Posted by MattBianco
At the stables today.
Be careful to clean boots before getting into LX. Keep your heels down.

Western or English?

Steve
Old 03-05-16, 08:04 AM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by hankinid
Be careful to clean boots before getting into LX. Keep your heels down.

Western or English?

Steve
LOL. Good advice!

English. I competed as boy and trained in Germany decades ago. Now my kids do the same....location, Nicasio, CA.
Old 03-05-16, 09:29 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

LOL. Good advice!

English. I competed as boy and trained in Germany decades ago. Now my kids do the same....location, Nicasio, CA.
My wife has competed in hunter classes for around the last 20 years. She rides a 17-hand Dutch warmblood. I poke along on trails with an appendix, and occasionally pack in with buddies looking for elk.

We're taking care of a Chilean mare with an outstanding hunter/jumper ancestors. Easy, save the mare will foal 3 weeks from last Friday. She'll head for the Idaho Equine Center next week for an ultrasound. She'll foal at Idaho Equine. Otherwise, Murphy's Law suggests she may have issues as a maiden mare, it will happen late in the evening, and we'll need a farm call from the vet. Owner returns to Idaho in May and we'll be back to 2 hay burners. We've spent a bit of $$$ on foal proofing the paddock and dividing it temporarily so mom and baby are separated from the geldings.

I'm 30 miles S of Boise, half a mile from 900K + acres of BLM land. Lots of room to ride.

On topic...great picture thread.

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 03-05-16 at 09:36 PM.
Old 03-05-16, 10:24 PM
MattBianco
Driver

Originally Posted by hankinid
My wife has competed in hunter classes for around the last 20 years. She rides a 17-hand Dutch warmblood.......
I'm 30 miles S of Boise, half a mile from 900K + acres of BLM land. Lots of room to ride.

On topic...great picture thread.

Steve
Love it. You are in it way deeper than I, and I am envious. I rode Hanoverians in Verden, a breeding town in Germany. As you might imagine living less than 5 miles N of San Francisco, cost and opportunity for riding makes this a luxury only my kids can afford, not to mention extreme horse allergies for me these days. If summer plans hold up, we'll be going right past you this summer on the way to Teton and Y Stone.
Old 03-06-16, 10:59 AM
hankinid
Pole Position

Love it. You are in it way deeper than I, and I am envious. I rode Hanoverians in Verden, a breeding town in Germany. As you might imagine living less than 5 miles N of San Francisco, cost and opportunity for riding makes this a luxury only my kids can afford, not to mention extreme horse allergies for me these days. If summer plans hold up, we'll be going right past you this summer on the way to Teton and Y Stone.
Speaking of "way deeper", I've been working on my "PhD" for over a decade...the "PhD" in my case means "piled higher and deeper".

Are you driving to the Tetons and Y'stone via Jordan Valley, OR to Boise, or taking 80 out to Elko and then heading north? Either way, it's a long drive w/ kids. We did it in 1-1/2 days from north of Half Moon Bay to the Swan Valley / Victor, ID the first day...we drove through Victor, looking for a place to stay. I pulled off the highway up a logging road about 1/2 a mile in and we tented there.

Woke up the next morning headed for the Tetons. Black clouds and pouring rain all around us. A spectacular light show from lightning landing around the Tetons. I'll never forget it. We spent 3-4 days in the Tetons and a week in Yellowstone. Next year I'd suggest you think about Glacier...

Idaho has an 80 mph speed limit away from major cities on the interstates. You'll be pleased to know your truck will purr at 2000 rpm or so. That's around 83 mph per gps. Mine's only a 6-speed though. That said, although Oregon has recently raised their speed limit to 65 mph, be aware that the state police and county and city LE PREY on out-of-state plates.

Steve

Last edited by hankinid; 03-07-16 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Random LX Picture of the Day - Post Yours