LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Sudden lost power while idle,wont start if crank

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-15, 04:00 AM
glenwell
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sudden lost power while idle,wont start if crank

New pump after 20 years in service of the old pump,just stop with out warning,after 6month the fuel fiter issue i had never change it because no symptoms yet,until last week,change oem,but the problem is will driving the car suddenly lost power and will not start,battery new,pump new fuel filter ,airfilter new,crank is strong,let it sit for about 15 min and it will start again,no check engine,will a dirty maf affect the power also, now try cleaning it with airflow/maf cleaner,hope problem be fix
Old 12-11-15, 07:35 AM
glenwell
Driver School Candidate

Clean the maf ,still stalling while cruising ,it wont start right away,need to wait for about 15 mins then it will start again,still no check engine ,check the fuel pump switch,working fine check the fuel pump ecu,no prblem,i will check again the fuel line from tank, to fuel filter,,need help
Old 01-03-16, 03:37 PM
glenwell
Driver School Candidate

Found the problem,i change the fuel pump,almost 6months ago,i repalced it with a walbro,walbro pump terminal is different from the oem it bigger,so we cut the other side of the oem terminal,connect it to the walbro supplied terminal,used a wire tube not the electrical tape,but only one tube used,the problem is the tube that covers the cut wire ,loosen,a month ago,so the wire is expossed inside the tank,we recheck all,before we discoverd it,so re wire again taped and covered with two layer of shrinkable tube,now the problem is gone,we think the electricity grounds,inside the tank,