LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

AHC functional working but not changing height?

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-18, 12:54 PM
Imly
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AHC functional working but not changing height?

Hey guys,

New here. Got myself an LX470 2007.

Recently, I had a workshop install a socket for a trailer through my rear driver side tail light. I am not sure if there is a designated wire for it somewhere at the back?

until then my AHC worked just fine with no issues. Ever since the install of rear tow socket from the rear tail light - it hasn't. And I am clearly not happy about it. The garage will have to rectify it but I fear they mess up more. Going through all the threads, but didn't find the exact solution. I saw in one of the threads the rear sensor wire goes through the driver side? Maybe they accidently cut this wire? The OBDII shows non functional rear sensor, never had that before until they installed it.

The AHC sometimes does put the front end of car up when starting but as soon as I start driving, the OFF light blinks, trying to adjust height only leads to 2 blinks of the H or L and nothing happens. Front end of the car now sits at L all the time and back is raised at a normal position (I guess). Also, my car hangs lower at the passenger side from the rear. Could be a faulty suspension/sensor? Please help, I am confused.
Old 10-27-18, 03:29 PM
hankinid
Pole Position

Received 424 Likes on 360 Posts

Wiring for trailer lights is a little to the rear of the jack and tool bag storage door. Easier to simply remove the side panel for better access. Normally, there's a 4-pin trailer lighting connector near the trailer hitch.

It would appear they damaged wiring to the rear height sensor, or got their wire colors mixed up.

Were there any AHC issues prior to the trailer lighting attempt?
Old 10-27-18, 09:34 PM
Imly
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hankinid
Wiring for trailer lights is a little to the rear of the jack and tool bag storage door. Easier to simply remove the side panel for better access. Normally, there's a 4-pin trailer lighting connector near the trailer hitch.

It would appear they damaged wiring to the rear height sensor, or got their wire colors mixed up.

Were there any AHC issues prior to the trailer lighting attempt?
no, AHC was flawless before. Is there a diagram for this wiring? I wasn't able to find it.
Old 11-04-18, 10:13 PM
Imly
Driver School Candidate

UPDATE:

I got it checked at an authorized workshop. They asked what went wrong, how and when. Started with electrical wiring first and it turns out the wiring at the back was cut when the other workshop was installing the trailer plug. It was fixed and reprogrammed. Working again. Cost me 97.2 USD to have it fixed and reprogrammed/corrected.