Help!! 2000 lexus lx470 lacking power going up hill! - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > LX Models > LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007)
Help!! 2000 lexus lx470 lacking power going up hill! >

Help!! 2000 lexus lx470 lacking power going up hill!

Notices
LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Help!! 2000 lexus lx470 lacking power going up hill!

Old 08-06-18, 11:11 PM
shahbaz1
Driver School Candidate

Default Help!! 2000 lexus lx470 lacking power going up hill!

So i recently purchased LX470 with 260k miles on it. It is becoming a nightmare. Apparently going up hill i noticed it lacks power. I found out previous owner had diagnosis done at a shop who claimed both catalytic converters are clogged. No engine light or any other warning lights on. Have to step on the gas and gradually catches up to speed. Well first i tired cataclean to see if makes any difference..it didn't. I then took it to muffler shop who then replaced both catalytic converter with after market ones which still didn't make much difference. There was also some weird clicking/ticking noise and the shop said it also has some vacuum or intake manifold leak. They "fixed" it. It sounds much better than before but there is still tick noise from driver side which i suspect they didn't fix the intake properly. Today i cleaned the MAF sensor and throttle body. Sadly, no luck. Any idea what i am dealing with. Engine and transmission seems to be healthy but at this point i am just clueless. Please help!

Update: Also changed spark plugs and fuel filter. POS still runs the same...I would love to hear if the shop that diagnosed "needing catalytic converter" can be held accountable for false diagnosis report. I only purchased because i took the shops word telling me it has clogged converter and will fix the issue once done. IT didn't.

Last edited by shahbaz1; 08-16-18 at 10:42 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: