LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

03 Lx470 Wish List<

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-02, 12:01 PM
LuvLuxury
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 Lx470 Wish List<

Hey all, I have been thinking, here are some questions and some options that I think would make the LX the ONLY suv to have.

1.) More horsepower....not much maybe 50-75? ( Although some may dissagree I would like to have more kick from the LX, especially up hills!)

2.) Heated AND Cooled Front and Rear Seats (Come on now, this should be standard on all LX's. Cooled Seats are a must for those hot summers)

3.) Heated Steering wheel and Cooling Steering wheel (Ok maybe this is pushing it, but It sure would be an option I would pay for)

4.) Parking Assist (this should also be standard, come on Lexus, if the Acura MDX has it why don't we??!!)

5.) Rear Styling different from Land Cruisers (Although I do love the way it looks, I think the LX should really be set away from the rest of the pack, in all areas) PS-I love those quad headlamps though.

6.) HID'Z NUFF SAID!!

6.) Better Sub-Woofer, better low end.
Old 11-16-02, 06:25 PM
gteach26
Rookie

I agree with many of your wish list items.... ESPECIALLY parking assist. I would also like HID lights.... and a fold flat third row seats AND more room throughout. I can stretch my budget a bit to buy this truck next year but the new Lincoln Navigator has all of my wish list items and more for around 10 grand less. It just lacks that special lexus "feel" inside and out. I hope the redone lx coming out in a few years has all of these items!
Old 12-03-02, 10:27 PM
Kash
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i think hid's should be a must on all their suv's i mean come on every suv these days have em, the landrovers have bixeon now
Old 12-14-02, 02:33 AM
golfnut
Driver School Candidate

I agree with you guys.
#1. Parking Assist
#2. HID lights
#3. Power asisted doors. I have to give it a pretty good shove in order for the doors to close properly.
#4. Power opening rear hatch, or at least have a release from the inside.
#5. Dual zone front climate control. After buying the car I spent 30 minutes trying to figure out how to use dual zone and kept looking through the manual for instructions because I just COULD NOT believe LX 470 only had single climate control. Come-on, the car costs 15K more than the GX yet the GX has dual zone front control.
Old 12-20-02, 11:00 PM
LuvLuxury
Driver

Summary

1.) Hid Headlights- for a $65,000 SUV it should be stock.
2.) Parking Assist-Just another gadget to have.
3.) Different rear end-better styling to set apart from the rest.
4.) Better Audio options, (sub-woofer is really weak)
5.) Power Assisted Doors-this is a great luxury item.
6.) Heated AND Cooled Front/Rear Seats-a comfort item. for a comfort SUV.
7.) 50-75 more horsepower- LX needs a little more kick up hills.
8.) Massaging Front/Rear Seats-Benz has em and so does the LS so should the LX.
9.) Better Braking-This SUV is heavy and large, it needs a little more stoppage.
10.) Quad-Climate control-SO that everybody is happy...the women are always cold, and the men always hot.
11.) Seperate DVD/Navagation controls for Front and rear, would be nice so that the friends can play with the toys in the back while you are reaching your destination.
12.) Heated and Cooled Steering wheel- Hey I know that this is pushing it but its something that I would pay for.
13.) Power Assisted Rear Hatch/power hatch
14.) Occilating vents- Dammit the LS has em but we pay the price 2!!!
15.) More personal options to customize your Lexus.

I know that this is a wish list, but hey if Im wishing im going all out baby

LL
Old 01-15-03, 08:49 PM
certless
Driver School Candidate

Default wish list

be able to have the car sit lower for getting in and out and ride where it is today.
Old 01-25-03, 04:00 AM
bizjetguy
Driver School Candidate

Cooled seats for our Vegas summers would be great, and i agree about the Hid lights.
Old 01-26-03, 03:40 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Hmm

What you guys really need is an AWD LS430...
Old 01-26-03, 01:13 PM
gteach26
Rookie

Default You are right on!

Lexus should put the features of an LS430 Ultra Lux into the future LX. Why, if an LX costs so similar to the LS does it not offer all the features? The LS430 toys plus a roomier third row would be THE perfect vehicle for my wants/needs! At least offer the features as options so we can pick and choose what we want. For example, night vision is a useless $2000+ gadget for my needs. However. parking asist, HID lights, reverse view camera (like the rx330) and a power fold-flat third row are something I would gladly pay extra for. As it stands right now the RX330 will have more features for much less money. The LX is still the off-road king, but living in flat Florida all I need is a roomy truck that can go through grass/gravel and jump over a curb when needed. That's why I got an '03 Navigator ultimate untill the LX gets more features. I love the Navigator, and its build quality is improving, but give me a feature-packed LX with it's style and subtle grace in a few years and I'll take it!
Old 01-26-03, 04:42 PM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Contradictory Needs

Toyota bases this truck off of a PURE Off-Road vehicle chassis. They do a remarkable job with their body-on-frame construction. Even though the LX and LS are in the same price category, you can't expect everything on the LS to be on the LX. If that were true, then it could be argued that the LS should be as off-road capable as the LX.... So, in order to get the LS features into the capable LX, you'd need to raise the price even more. Which would be approaching the new, and outlandishly (in my opinion) priced Range Rover.

I know this is a wish list thread.. but wow.. power assist doors?! I think this is one of the most superfluous features available on cars today.. Is manually shutting a door really that hard?

Fold flat third row would require and independent rear suspension, which would greatly cut into the truck's off-road capabilities.

Who knows, all this may come about if Toyota/Lexus ditches the current platform for the next, new Sequoia platform. And then I too can benefit from the luxury options!

GTeach.. how do you like your Navigator? I was considering an Ultimate a couple of months ago when it came out. But I never got around to pounding out the final numbers on the truck. Drive, materials, ride? I heard my friend complain about the size of the navigation screen.. is it DVD based Nav?
Old 01-27-03, 05:01 PM
gteach26
Rookie

Default Navigator thoughts

The Navigator is by far the roomiest lux suv out there. If room is a top priority, this is your truck. The interior materials are way better than the previous version (I owned a 2000). The ride is smooth and responsive. The navigation system on mine is CD-based. It does what you want it to do; it just has slightly worse graphics than my wife's RX nav and requires 6 CD's to cross the country instead of 1 DVD. You also have to input addresses, POI's, etc. via a small joystick on the radio (no touchscreen). The screen is a bit smaller than the RX screen BUT... The Navigator is getting a Denson DVD Navigation system this spring (I hear it is almost identical to the Lexus system).

The HID lights, power fold flat third row, and rear parking sensors are options I got with this truck that the LX just did not offer. Even with a rear DVD system, moon roof, and chrome wheels, the Navigator comes in at thousands less than the LX. An ultimate with every single option available can be had for around $53,000 easy, much less if you haggle hard.

The LX though, just seems to "feel" like a nicer truck. It's ride and interior quality cannot be matched by the Navigator, but Lincoln is coming awfully close! I agree that an ulta lux LX would be very expensive, but that's why I think Lexus should offer a base LX with an extensive options list so people can pick and choose what they want.