LX - 1st and 2nd Gen (1996-2007) Post here for topics related to the LX470 or LX450

Driver's Seat - Forward seat elevator frozen

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-05, 06:57 AM
Conforte
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Driver's Seat - Forward seat elevator frozen

OK.... last week I was going to post regarding the elctric differential lock not engaging and the dash board indicator failing to light... but that has appeared to fix itself.... instead the gremlins attacked my seat elevator motor..... when I toggle the switch on the side of the seat... it sounds like the relay is working... clicking away to provide power.... but the front of the seat fails to move up or down... I think it is frozen in the high position...... any suggestions on repair, removal of the seat.... etc..... you guys know the routine????

Help PLEASE!

Robert - Point Lookout, New York
Old 12-18-05, 02:27 PM
koolaidman
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Conforte
OK.... last week I was going to post regarding the elctric differential lock not engaging and the dash board indicator failing to light... but that has appeared to fix itself.... instead the gremlins attacked my seat elevator motor..... when I toggle the switch on the side of the seat... it sounds like the relay is working... clicking away to provide power.... but the front of the seat fails to move up or down... I think it is frozen in the high position...... any suggestions on repair, removal of the seat.... etc..... you guys know the routine????

Help PLEASE!

Robert - Point Lookout, New York
take out seat replace the motor u think is bad
Old 12-27-05, 11:10 PM
ari07
Rookie

I got this one!!!! I've experienced the same problem before with my ES. You have to take apart the power seat assembly. The problem is not with the motor. Somehow the trac has slipped off and you have grinded down a small plastic gear. If you find that this plastic gear is the source of your trouble you cannot purchase this gear from the dealer; it does not come with the motor. You can't buy this piece from a salvage yard because they will not know what you're talking about and they won't sell it. A plastic epoxy can be used for repair; you will have to duplicate the grooves of the gear ( which will be a painstaking task). If the grooves are not cut to perfection the trac will slip again. Also be sure to clean the inside of the piece the gear came out of, if the gear had been grinding a small shaving could be the result of the trac slipping again. Good luck, hope this helps.