LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

After 3 years, I return with a LS430!

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-13, 08:18 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default After 3 years, I return with a LS430!

Hey guys. I recently acquired a mint 2001 LS430. It was owned by a older couple; well taken care of. Aznracer was the one that convinced me to get the car (because of his wheels). I am glad I got them. They fit perfect without mods in the front and a shave in the rear. I was in the market for a Infiniti M45. But they were all repainted and had body damage. On the way back from looking at a M45, I saw an craigslist ad for this car. Bought it and started accumulating parts for it. Here it is 3 weeks later. The new aftermarket bumper will arrive tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Here are my previous cars. I am happy to be back in a comfy Lexus.

New car:

I will be going lower in the rear tomorrow. Gotta trim the sideskirts first. Taillights are coming soon. They have been raising the prices on the LED ones. They are close to 500 now...
Old 03-19-13, 09:10 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

The car looks awesome man! The wheels look great with that color.

Did you get rid of the 6 Series too?
Old 03-19-13, 09:11 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

looks good man.... I remember your 2GS when I was on that forum back in the day what a shame, great come up though!
Old 03-19-13, 09:16 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Kira X
The car looks awesome man! The wheels look great with that color.

Did you get rid of the 6 Series too?
Both cars are gone. I am saving up for a M6 Gran coupe at the present time. Gonna roll the Lexus as a daily after I get the BMW.

Here are some pictures of the shave. I recommend doing this. It doesnt cause waves in the paint like rolling does. The LS and GS have similar fenders. They dimple because its a double layer with holes in the outer layer for retention screws. It yielded 14mm of clearance. I believe that's more than just a simple roll (without pull).

Old 03-19-13, 09:17 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by mattbeeezy
looks good man.... I remember your 2GS when I was on that forum back in the day what a shame, great come up though!
Thanks bro! I really wanted your Weds, btw...
Old 03-19-13, 09:22 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Oh man, I thought you still had the 6. That Gran Coupe will be expensive, but it will be so worth it. It seems like you've had the baddest BMW, Lexus, and Mercedes in OKC.

What did you use to shave the rears? 14mm of clearance is huge! I'll be able to fit my wheels with ease with that much space.
Old 03-19-13, 09:47 PM
levie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow nice collection of cars man. the lex is beautiful. what are the wheels and their specs if you dont mind me asking? fitment looks great.
Old 03-19-13, 10:38 PM
PROSTAR
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

sick cars... wow you work fast man, you plan on getting more aggressive wheels or that just to give more room when you go lower???
Old 03-19-13, 10:59 PM
EcHo714
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Intense shaving lol
Old 03-20-13, 01:42 AM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Kira X- I used an air jig saw from Harbor Freight for about 25 bucks. It takes about 1hr to cut the entire fender, part of the sideskirt and the metal behind the top of the rear bumper. The cuts can be made straight and clean with that tool. I just got done trimming some more and I lowered the rear 3 more turns. It looks really even now. I also just hardwired the radar. It's by the rear view mirror now. I am working on putting the audio system in now. Roof spoiler installed as well. Just taking a small break.

levie- Thank you, sir. They are 20x10 and 20x11 with +25 ish front and +30 ish rear.

Prostar- I am gonna keep these wheels for awhile. The fitment is spot on without rubbing FTW! Aznracer did a great job with the rebuild. I love it. I had 5 people in the car yesterday. No rubbing at all!

I will post some good pictures of the car after the car is done!

Here's a picture of what I trimmed off. It was rubbing slightly at the higher height on the top of the sideskirt:

Here is the new height (settled some more after a few miles of driving):
Old 03-20-13, 09:41 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by whazzzzuup
Kira X- I used an air jig saw from Harbor Freight for about 25 bucks. It takes about 1hr to cut the entire fender, part of the sideskirt and the metal behind the top of the rear bumper. The cuts can be made straight and clean with that tool. I just got done trimming some more and I lowered the rear 3 more turns. It looks really even now. I also just hardwired the radar. It's by the rear view mirror now. I am working on putting the audio system in now. Roof spoiler installed as well. Just taking a small break.
That doesn't sound bad. I may have to pick one of those up. If I knew you could gain that much clearance from the shave I would have went with a more aggressive setup like you did.

You're getting this thing done super fast man. Judging by the mods your doing our cars will have a similar look to them. Which roof spoiler did you go with? I'm getting ready to order one this week.
Old 03-20-13, 09:47 AM
lowKut
NELOC Moderator

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Is that paint Mystic Sea Opalescent?
Old 03-20-13, 02:13 PM
whazzzzuup
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lowKut
Is that paint Mystic Sea Opalescent?
I'm not sure haha. The previous owner said it is a Cypress Pearl. The car is going to the body shop tomorrow for the bumper to be painted and installed. Pictures will be posted after it's back.
Old 03-20-13, 07:26 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

The paint color is Cypress Pearl.

One of my favorite colors on an LS - very elegant and sophisticated looking color on the LS430.
Old 03-20-13, 07:28 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Congrats..looking good.

Quick Reply: After 3 years, I return with a LS430!