LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

Run Flat Tread Wear Issue

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-19, 06:22 PM
DrBarlow
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Run Flat Tread Wear Issue

LEFT FRONT TIRE

RIGHT FRONT TIRE

REAR TIRES
I am aware of the recall on the tires, but, I am curious if anyone has any thoughts on the issue I am having with my tires. I was just at the dealership for another issue, and I raised my concerns with the tires, again. This would be the 4th time I have asked them about these tires. In the pics I am posting, you will notice the uneven wear on the front tires on the outside edge.

Again, this has been a progressive issue that I have brought to their attention 4 times. On the first complaint, they checked the alignment and said - "there is slight feathering on the outer edge but nothing to worry about" -- Okay. The pics attached are from the last service. At pickup, I was told that there was a recall - "the tires are not separating from the tread yet, so just wait and see what Lexus does about it. No need for you to pay for new tires if they will replace them for free." - and I was less that amused. I am not concerned with the recall - I am concerned with the uneven wear and what is causing it...? After a moment of silence - "there is uneven wear but nothing to really worry about because there is still tread on the tire" - so I left.

While I am going to replace my tires, I am concerned with the wear. I cannot get any answers from my Lexus dealership. Maybe the folks here can offer some advice? The car drives smooth and straight. No indication of alignment. The tires are maintained at optimum pressure.

As you will notice... my rear tires in my RWD LS are in great condition.
Old 03-30-19, 09:41 PM
LexRuger
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 118 Posts

Looks like it might be too much camber. I would get a second opinion. That dealer doesn't sound very concerned.
Old 03-31-19, 07:55 AM
angrypengu
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Downsides of having a really stiff sidewall.