ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-5th-gen-2018-present-289/)
-   -   Service center wait time (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-5th-gen-2018-present/911475-service-center-wait-time.html)

Fwyt 02-12-19 12:26 PM

Service center wait time

Are you guys experiencing crazy long service wait time at your Lexus?

My LS speakers started developing some rattle in the last month. I am at the Lexus dealership trying to get it sorted.

Arrived at 11:15am. It’s currently 12:24pm and I am still waiting...

is this normal for Lexus? My experience with other European brands aren’t the same. With Porsche, I will be out within 15 mins.

LexRuger 02-12-19 01:10 PM

Just depends on the location. If there's not another Lexus dealer within a few miles, they are always busy. I've noticed South Bay Lexus is usually booked for at least a week. Jim Faulk only a few days out.

Fwyt 02-12-19 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by LexRuger (Post 10438126)
Just depends on the location. If there's not another Lexus dealer within a few miles, they are always busy. I've noticed South Bay Lexus is usually booked for at least a week. Jim Faulk only a few days out.

They sure are busy, but I went in with an appointment. it's pretty annoying to have to wait an hour plus, each time I need something fix.

vantage78 02-12-19 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fwyt (Post 10438156)
They sure are busy, but I went in with an appointment. it's pretty annoying to have to wait an hour plus, each time I need something fix.

lets hope there isn’t much to fix!

What happened with your speakers if you don’t mind me asking? Rattling since new or appeared later?

Fwyt 02-12-19 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by vantage78 (Post 10438318)

lets hope there isn’t much to fix!

What happened with your speakers if you don’t mind me asking? Rattling since new or appeared later?

Whenever I play songs with strong base, it makes crazy distortions. I plays songs from my iPod which are playing lossless music too. It’s the ML system. Without HUD.

Also my center arm rest wabbles I also want the dealer to fix that.

LexRuger 02-12-19 04:25 PM

I have the same problems. Smh

vantage78 02-12-19 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Fwyt (Post 10438338)

Whenever I play songs with strong base, it makes crazy distortions. I plays songs from my iPod which are playing lossless music too. It’s the ML system. Without HUD.

im curious; which songs are giving you grief?

Fwyt 02-12-19 07:38 PM

Originally Posted by vantage78 (Post 10438502)

im curious; which songs are giving you grief?

fly like a G6, Gangnam style, candy shop and etc...

Toys4RJill 02-14-19 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by LexRuger (Post 10438126)

Originally Posted by Fwyt (Post 10438067)
Are you guys experiencing crazy long service wait time at your Lexus?

My LS speakers started developing some rattle in the last month. I am at the Lexus dealership trying to get it sorted.

Arrived at 11:15am. It’s currently 12:24pm and I am still waiting...

is this normal for Lexus? My experience with other European brands aren’t the same. With Porsche, I will be out within 15 mins.

IMO no Lexus dealer should make an owner wait to get an appointment for service that is applicable to a warranty or a satisfaction claim. You should be able to drop it off at any time and they should give you loaner or shuttle you until they can determine how long the car will be out of service.

vantage78 02-21-19 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Fwyt (Post 10438338)

what was the verdict? Did they replace your speakers? On the armrest, is it an adjustment?

LexRuger 02-21-19 04:11 PM

Taking mine in for the armrest this Saturday. Let's hope I'm not there for hours.

Fwyt 02-21-19 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by vantage78 (Post 10447315)

what was the verdict? Did they replace your speakers? On the armrest, is it an adjustment?

For the speakers, they said someparts in the rear shads were lose. But the parts are on back order...

for the armrest they said it’s by design (something about making sure that it will open even if we overfill it)... but they did adjust it somewhat to make it less noticeable.

Fwyt 03-19-19 08:50 PM

Originally Posted by Fwyt (Post 10447374)

For the speakers, they said someparts in the rear shads were lose. But the parts are on back order...

for the armrest they said it’s by design (something about making sure that it will open even if we overfill it)... but they did adjust it somewhat to make it less noticeable.

According to the paper work, they said that it’s because the package tray trim has become lose. They replaced the package tray trim panel. It seem like it’s the part that cover the rear sheds.

as far as I can tell, may be 70% of the rattle is gone. But I can still hear rattle in my driver door. It’s much better than before... but still aren’t rattle free...