LS - 5th Gen (2018-present) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS500 and LS460 F.

My Review of the LS 500 F-Sport

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-18, 07:26 AM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts
Default My Review of the LS 500 F-Sport

Here is my review of the LS 500 F-Sport in comparison to my GS 350 F-Sport. The LS in terms of design and build quality is amazing this car looks and feels amazing when compared to the GS its night and day inside and out. an example is the soft touch leather which is everywhere compared to the GS where in some places there is soft plastic and hard plastic right at the door pillar. Onto the biggest question many ask the interior room, the room in the drivers seat is def fine coming from a GS but headroom is def lower as I'm a tall guy and the roof feels closer than the GS. The handling compared to the GS is obviously not as good as the GS as its a smaller car but it sure does a good job, not that much body roll and can handle itself for a big car. Most of the space is def in the rear seat as there is plenty of room in the back seat for anyone riding in the rear seats. The seats feel softer but I'm wondering how that suede in the inserts will last over time, as well as the seats themselves. Now onto the vehicles driving, this car is a great car the power is sufficient for a V6 that is twin turbos.

There really is no comparison to the GS, the LS has good power for a big car it definitely isn't a slouch, its fast and when on the highway the car has this feeling of wanting to go faster(could be driver).Not sure if anyone else experienced that but it felt like the car was saying "give me more power". The car does have a slight turbo lag, when flooring it there is a slight delay and it leads to the turbo lag, hopefully that can be adjusted later on. The other thing I noticed is in the engine bay there seems to be enough room to fit a V8 so something tells me that there maybe a V8 LS-F coming.( I'll take a pic of it later)

My issues with the car are the lighting, I really do wish the car had fog lights (personal preference) Also not sure if this has happened to anyone else, I have been flashed a couple times for the lights being to bright for others driving not sure if its set to high may have to get that inspected soon. Also the brakes man these things squeal really loud, like louder than My former BMW X5 sounds like the brakes are going, gotta get those checked not sure if anyone has had an issue with that if they could chime in that would be great.

The other thing is the ES and LS comparison, I do understand where some people are coming from but to be honest the interior is night and day in terms of fit and finish and design and power, the major things that people should be looking at in a comparison between cars not only the space.
For this car being its flagship I'm not upset with the car, its delivered to me what I expected as a long time Lexus owner I'm happy where Lexus has gone, thinking outside of the box with this car.

Car after it was tinted.

Old 11-20-18, 07:53 AM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,629 Likes on 1,037 Posts

Thanks for providing your feedback. I also am a GS owner so I appreciate your input in reference to the GS.

Enjoy your beautiful LS!
Old 11-20-18, 01:49 PM
dsc07
Pole Position

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts

Yes, I had a couple of people flash me when I first got the car. Had the dealer check the level of the headlights at the first service and they said they were set to factory specs. Haven't had any more flashers in the last 5 months.

Also, I saw somebody posted a TSB on this board for the break squeal, so look around a bit. If I recall, it involved replacing the existing pads with a new type (possibly ceramic).

Enjoy
Old 11-20-18, 02:44 PM
PCW
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

bigblack06, the TSB for the brake squeal is:

Brake Squeal/Squeak - F Sport Issue Fix released 11/2/2018

L-SB-0041-18

Also what percentage tint did you get front/rear?

Last edited by PCW; 11-20-18 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Addition
Old 11-20-18, 02:46 PM
bigblack06

Received 326 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
Thanks for providing your feedback. I also am a GS owner so I appreciate your input in reference to the GS.

Enjoy your beautiful LS!
no problem.

Originally Posted by dsc07
Yes, I had a couple of people flash me when I first got the car. Had the dealer check the level of the headlights at the first service and they said they were set to factory specs. Haven't had any more flashers in the last 5 months.

Also, I saw somebody posted a TSB on this board for the break squeal, so look around a bit. If I recall, it involved replacing the existing pads with a new type (possibly ceramic).

Enjoy
thanks.

Originally Posted by PCW
bigblack06, the TSB for the brake squeal is:

Brake Squeal/Squeak - F Sport Issue Fix released 11/2/2018

L-SB-0041-18
thank will bring to dealer.