LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Audi A8L versus LS460L

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-21, 10:14 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 294 Likes on 252 Posts

Hi DedBirdDog, sorry to see you leave. Hope you still check in once in a while. And while you are at it, it would be lovely to see some pics inside and out of your A8L. Good luck and be well.
Old 02-25-21, 12:47 AM
Zetascry
Pit Crew

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Lexus is coming out with new F vehicles. Starting with the IS 500 F Sport then there is the new LCF and LSF coming out; also with their new twin turbo V8 with over 600 HP and updated tech and interior. I believe Lexus is stepping up its game once more
Old 02-25-21, 03:24 AM
lwphat66
Instructor

Received 444 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by DedBirdDog
Well, what seems to be the perfect A8L showed up for me this morning. A CPO 2017 with every option including the sport diff and night vision with only 15k on the odo. Unless something goes sideways with the deal tomorrow, I'll be out of the Lexus ownership club. I hope this decision to forego rock-solid reliability for performance and better tech doesn't bite me in the ***, but here it is. It's been a good ride with you guys during the ownership of both of my LS460's. I'll try and check in from time to time. Wish me luck!
I'm in a glass case of emotion.

Hope it all works out for you and that you drop in and let us know the pros/cons of the new sled.
Old 02-25-21, 06:45 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,535 Likes on 1,830 Posts

I think you will be fine. Im still very happy with my S Class. There are things I like better about how Lexus does it, and things I like better about how Mercedes does it. Those things aren't right and wrong they are just differences between brands.

Glad it has the B&O Audio, being used to ML you will need that.
Old 02-25-21, 07:05 AM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

I do love the ML. It really brings home how wretched the quality of satellite radio is. The difference between that and streamed music is night and day. Sirius/XM sucks.
Old 02-25-21, 08:27 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts

I do love the ML. It really brings home how wretched the quality of satellite radio is. The difference between that and streamed music is night and day. Sirius/XM sucks.
Roadfrog left us. Then Steve left us. Now, Deadbirddog is leaving us. We should have seen it coming when Doublebase left. They probably gonna shut down this forum soon. We might as well get ready. Sad because I need this site because I would be lost without it. SMH !!! If JMcraney pulls out, it's over.

Last edited by fwhomeboy; 02-25-21 at 08:40 AM.
Old 02-25-21, 08:41 AM
tx170754
Intermediate

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

That is why I've cancelled all subscriptions
Old 02-25-21, 09:07 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,535 Likes on 1,830 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
Roadfrog left us. Then Steve left us. Now, Deadbirddog is leaving us. We should have seen it coming when Doublebase left. They probably gonna shut down this forum soon. We might as well get ready. Sad because I need this site because I would be lost without it. SMH !!! If JMcraney pulls out, it's over.
I'm still around! lol
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (02-25-21)
Old 02-25-21, 03:42 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Just want to add my comment on all the guys on here who have been so helpful, to all of us, really! I’m glad y’all still contribute to this forum.

I usually keep my vehicles till the wheels fall off or until it’s just too much money down the drain.

Agree on the technology on the Lexus. Ugh, my mom’s Kia Soul has better tech than the LS460 for navigation system. Amazing really.

Stay well guys in your new vehicles and keep in touch here for those of us still here.
The following users liked this post:
SW17LS (02-25-21)
Old 02-25-21, 03:50 PM
tx170754
Intermediate

Well, what seems to be the perfect A8L showed up for me this morning. A CPO 2017 with every option including the sport diff and night vision with only 15k on the odo. Unless something goes sideways with the deal tomorrow, I'll be out of the Lexus ownership club. I hope this decision to forego rock-solid reliability for performance and better tech doesn't bite me in the ***, but here it is. It's been a good ride with you guys during the ownership of both of my LS460's. I'll try and check in from time to time. Wish me luck!
As one who have the 4.0T A8 I hope you went to the A8 forum and eventually ask for members opinion ( I guess I may have seen your name on it, but not sure ), anyway, make sure you're prepared for the the turbo "saga" it will come to you sooner or later anyway...
Old 02-25-21, 05:39 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

Years ago when I built my crazy sound system I tried satellite and I was dumbfounded how compressed it was. SQ was terrible. Have never tried it again, but I guess I was hoping it would be much better after all these years.
Old 02-25-21, 08:13 PM
TANORWAY
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I believe if someone works on luxury cars and they ever use a word like handling or sporty, they should've been fired. I test drove everything from BMW to Hyundai this year, ended up with ordering a new LC500 V8. I belive the LS is doing exactly what it is supposed to do, give you are luxury ride without giving you a lot of gadget stuff you doesn't really need, and this is coming from a Tesla Model S owner.

I like my cars to be like 90s luxury cars. New cars today starts to become too much.
Old 02-25-21, 10:31 PM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

The deal went down flawlessly. Quite honestly, this may have been the easiest and most professionally handled car deal I've ever made. There is a real difference in buying a German car. I thought the Lexus guys did a good job but the Audi folks in Charlotte were truly exceptional. After the 300+ mile drive back I'm even happier with my decision to go this route. There are real differences between the cars, and at least for me, the performance and tech aspects of the Audi make it a better choice for me. I'm covered by CPO warranty and yes, I'm intimately familiar with the turbo failure issues discussed on the Audi forum. I never advocate buying an extended warranty with a Lexus car but at the same time would never go German without one. My trade on my LS460L was exactly where I needed it to be and Audi priced this car at least $4000 less than they should have. Sure worked out for me.

I found this car using the new Car Pilot app and if you're looking for a car, I'd highly recommend using it. I found my car on it almost as soon as it was listed and I was able to beat the half-dozen calls they got about it on the first and only day it was listed for sale. Rare cars sell quick.

A few pics:

The following 2 users liked this post by DedBirdDog:
Dave144239 (02-26-21), Nospinzone (02-26-21)
Old 02-26-21, 04:10 AM
tx170754
Intermediate

The deal went down flawlessly. Quite honestly, this may have been the easiest and most professionally handled car deal I've ever made. There is a real difference in buying a German car. I thought the Lexus guys did a good job but the Audi folks in Charlotte were truly exceptional. After the 300+ mile drive back I'm even happier with my decision to go this route. There are real differences between the cars, and at least for me, the performance and tech aspects of the Audi make it a better choice for me. I'm covered by CPO warranty and yes, I'm intimately familiar with the turbo failure issues discussed on the Audi forum. I never advocate buying an extended warranty with a Lexus car but at the same time would never go German without one. My trade on my LS460L was exactly where I needed it to be and Audi priced this car at least $4000 less than they should have. Sure worked out for me.

I found this car using the new Car Pilot app and if you're looking for a car, I'd highly recommend using it. I found my car on it almost as soon as it was listed and I was able to beat the half-dozen calls they got about it on the first and only day it was listed for sale. Rare cars sell quick.

A few pics:

Congratulations, enjoy your car 😊
Old 02-26-21, 06:26 AM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

Beautiful car! Isn't that the car they used the movie The Transporter?

Quick Reply: Audi A8L versus LS460L