LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Most useless features on the LS?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-19, 04:50 PM
NotFasty
Pole Position

Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

Ditto with (using) self close. I love it - I think it's way classy.

I do think the Eco button and Eco light are somewhat useless, but that's a tie-back to the high gas prices during the production of the car. But no one buys an LS and worries much aboot MPG.
Old 04-29-19, 05:34 PM
jkittlesen
Pole Position

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by NotFasty
Ditto with (using) self close. I love it - I think it's way classy.

I do think the Eco button and Eco light are somewhat useless, but that's a tie-back to the high gas prices during the production of the car. But no one buys an LS and worries much aboot MPG.
Originally Posted by SW17LS
I actually use the soft close doors all the time. Its such a tightly sealed car that its common for a door not to shut all the way in my experience.
I third this also.
Old 04-30-19, 03:31 PM
Red97tj
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by abs
I'm about 95% sure that the IDS software can adjust the "auto return to NAV" feature. I was just looking at it the other day and it can definitely be adjusted to keep the latest screen you are on.
No, sadly I have that on already. That one just let the display not automatically move back to NAV after a bit of time.
I'm talking about if I have my audio screen on, then shift into reverse, it'll display my reverse camera. Then I shift to drive, it automatically displays NAV. I want it to stay on audio screen but no it's not doing that. Not sure if it's my car or this is happening on all 460's...
Old 05-01-19, 03:34 AM
fwhomeboy
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 177 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Red97tj
No, sadly I have that on already. That one just let the display not automatically move back to NAV after a bit of time.
I'm talking about if I have my audio screen on, then shift into reverse, it'll display my reverse camera. Then I shift to drive, it automatically displays NAV. I want it to stay on audio screen but no it's not doing that. Not sure if it's my car or this is happening on all 460's...
You might just have to lift up a finger and touch the audio button and then let your finger rest awhile. (I'm just having fun man).
Old 05-01-19, 10:52 AM
Red97tj
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sadly i'm doing that right now...but my natural state is laziness!!! That's why I want what I want.
The following users liked this post:
fwhomeboy (05-01-19)
Old 05-01-19, 12:19 PM
Thomasin
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RussLS460
The ECO mode is pointless. No increase in mpg at all.
Not to start a fight.... but what do you expect with a V8?

My humble opinion is that the CT series are made solely for this specific purpose...
Old 05-01-19, 12:24 PM
Thomasin
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuhan
Two useless features on my 13 LS that I hate the most.

Cannot lock/unlock from the outside while the car is running. I know it can be done with a key but it's not convenient at all.
Cannot make changes to navigation while the car is moving. I know the reason behind it but what if you have a passenger that can make changes while you're driving?
Why would you want to unlock the car from outside? I would take that as a safety feature.

I can count with my fingers how many times the front seat is taken..... Besides, don't you think it is quite distracting when your passenger plays with the navigation screen?
Old 05-02-19, 07:14 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

A really useful feature would be to extend the soft close feature so that higher force / higher speed door closings were dampened. I have a couple Ford truck owner friends who slam the ---- out of every Lexus and Toyota door I own. But they're not alone. Only my sons don't slam the doors because they know I dislike it, and they're aware of the soft close feature. Other people don't even know about the feature and they slam the doors (especially the rear doors because in an L the doors are bigger / longer, so they slam easy). And the wife could care less about the soft-close feature, or what I like or dislike. She shuts doors with as much force as she cares to, which is generally excessive and annoying to me.

My proposed dampening should be effective for every door closings, just to slow the doors down (if need be). For example, the rate I close a door would not be effective. But my Ford owning friends would have their slams damped. I bought some rubber tubes of various diameter to place in the door jams to see if they would curb the slamming. I received them but never got around to experimenting.
Old 05-04-19, 02:02 PM
DaveGIowa
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Additional feature

A change to the soft close would be to have a closer button. I saw this on a Rolls Royce Phantom on the rear doors. Pretty sweet, but they are also suicide doors so it makes sense. Just appeals to my lazy and gadget side
Old 05-05-19, 08:22 AM
peg460
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fwhomeboy
WHAT !!!! That's the most useful feature to me.
I use it all the time and sure miss it when I drive my Tundra.
Old 06-15-19, 05:39 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by aw001
When is the last time the "soft close" doors features were used? As in people specifically close the door neeearrly all the way, and let it close by itself?
I use mine every time I access the cabin or trunk.

Unless it's accidental, I never more than 'click' my doors, then let the motor take over.
Old 06-15-19, 06:53 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

Soft close doors trigger on mine all the time. The car is so tightly sealed the doors fail to shut when closed all the time and the motors pull them in

Quick Reply: Most useless features on the LS?