LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Test Drove a 2010 LS

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-19, 07:18 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Received 253 Likes on 180 Posts

Old 01-15-19, 07:23 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

Old 01-15-19, 07:35 PM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm a big fan of that matte wood finish. It's my favorite out of all of them. I suspect that with a little elbow grease and the right products, you can restore the driver's seat cushion bolster. Check out this thread:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/aut...s-leather.html

Congrats on the car Mike. It looks great and I think you're going to really be pleased. That color is uncommon and I like it a lot.
Old 01-15-19, 07:37 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Congrats! That’s a great combo. It’s a special car, enjoy it!
Old 01-15-19, 07:38 PM
Benjam1n
Pole Position

Received 95 Likes on 74 Posts

Congrats, but you overpaid. Just kidding, looks great!
Old 01-15-19, 07:39 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

appreciate it rob, not a red guy but really digging it
love the interior color and the nav screen at night looked great.

i was hard on the levinson last week, drove it home put on a variety of rock, pop and classical on xm on drive home
heard notes and clarity that my bmw would dream of . the other poster said the levinson wasn't good but i can use it and enjoy it.
got some cool features on it i noticed how the seats extend and falling in love with the purchase.
believe it or not some of my decision was to drive a larger car for safety purposes and the LS on the highway is a cruiser.
im curious on the 19's what i will get with cruise set at 75 mph for 60 miles highway well see tomorrow.
thanks again for your input i adjusted my numbers based on your input
Old 01-15-19, 07:40 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

thanks Steve, appreciate the kind thoughts
Old 01-15-19, 07:41 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Glad we could help!
Old 01-15-19, 08:11 PM
mikesrx350
Instructor

shot from rear
Old 01-16-19, 05:10 AM
Dave144239
Instructor

Received 205 Likes on 156 Posts

Congrats, nice car! I have the same interior, and I really like the matte wood.
Old 01-16-19, 06:20 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

A little update first drive for over an hour with the car,

Wow, Wow, Wow,

without comparing it to other cars in the family i will give some observations from coming from driving my wifes 5 series over the past 2 months.

Road Presence: absolutely brilliant, amazing highway cruiser,

Noticed larger trucks like suv's are not pushing me like the BMW which is a smaller car.

Comfortable is not even the word, amazing isolation chamber, great seats, great ride

fuel economy trying to figure out last trip its not showing up in the past indicator on nav screen, from the meter looks like almost 30 mpg at 72-74mph with cruise on

sound system is very very good, not the best but clarity is great and i am approaching 50 and dont blast music perfect for my taste and ear

nav screen and graphics, surprisingly good and enjoy the simplicity, my buddy has a gs350 and like this better than his blue color in the interface.

speaking of nav, does anyone know how to turn off the poi showing so its only mapy in the screen.

all original glass and seems like it does great with heat and uv rejection. noticed my windshield is not inducing heat like my old rx or the 5 series.

love the back seat to relax go on my labtop and work, i can work in a couple of the other cars to small and angle. this is brilliant, my ls400 and 430 were great as well

love the flat matte finish on wood its classy , elegant and goes great with alabaster interior.

floored it after 25 miles of cruising and this thing honks, its funny i was thinking of buying a gs-f recently because of the last v8's and this is best of both worlds, world class luxury with that v8 under the foot love it

cars extremely big i am not used to this i gave my kids my mercedes to use and been using the smaller cars its big

bluetooth integration was simple, and my friends and family said i sound crystal clear, pretty good for 2010 technology

soft close doors cool love it

heated steering wheel cooks and is great for chilly mornings , turned it off it was too warm, anyone know if you can scaled down the heat or is it one setting.

missed the middle console for armrest, love the comfort and hanging in living room couch on stressful commutes

i will add more experiences of the days to come, but this car is one of the last greats, the ls 460 is the Frank Sinatra of life, "Timeless"
The following users liked this post:
myw (10-13-20)
Old 01-16-19, 07:37 AM
icon901
Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

As an LS owner for only about 6 months (coming from a 2010 Hyundai Genesis 4.6 with similar engine), and I must agree with all points.

The only area the Genesis surpassed my 08 LS was in the Audio Department. That 17 Speaker 7.1 Lexicon sound system was one of the best systems I've ever heard... inside a car or out. Clarity and power were orders of magnitude better than any car I've been in, including this Lexus, unfortunately.

Outside that, every other aspect of the car (build/ride quality, performance, etc) are superior.
Old 01-16-19, 07:49 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 338 Likes on 230 Posts

Beautiful car at an excellent price. I love that wood trim. Congrats.
Old 01-19-19, 04:29 AM
mikesrx350
Instructor

After a week of Driving and about 250 miles some observations:

Impressed with MPG , been doing 70 percent highway / 30 city getting around 22.8 mpg combined for the 250 miles not bad for such a large car

Impressed with the highway cruising and relaxing even more than thought. Great for long trips to relax and on highway got 30 mpg at around 75 mph

handling around curves on off ramps etc is very good, the sloppiness in only when pushed they did a nice job of of designing it to handle well the way most average drivers will drive the car.

Power of the car is impressive. off the line i know it does 0-60 in 5.4 but when i get on it it feels longer due to being such a large car, on the highway very impressive throttle inputs to navigate in traffic. love the seamless torque and the ability with light throttle inputs to do what is needed

highway presence and having a big big car like this was missed. when i gave my kid my other car of this size didn't realize how much i missed the size diminishing how people push you in middle lane with smaller vehicles. could be my imagination but it has been consistent for last four days

the audio bluetooth phone system works very well with clarity. people hear me great , i have had issues connecting 100% of time with my paired phone . it works right 75% of time

the levinson is clear and nice touch, for those who love loud and bass the 2010 is not the year to buy it, for me its perfect

biggest surprise is the nav screen that i thought looked 10 years old because it is. i like the look and feel and although the maps are outdated i like the look of the whole interior very much.

the door open and lock mechanism on this car is consistent and great, compared to the german cars much much better. my rx that i sold had issues not this ls

had my friends from my business in rear seat, they were laughing its more comfortable than home couch , i sat there for little bit i agree

the large conservative look of the car is surprisingly growing on me, lexus is amazing at subtle beauty, i think the rear with the aluminum or shiny surface integrated in with trunk and the exhaust is done beautifully.

the front grill design i happen to like more than the newer lexus grills, subject to taste but to me its classy and simple.

love the side shiny surface with the contrast of the regular paint, well done again

Brakes on the car after 68k are original never touched and feel pretty good , haven't had any high speed stops but pretty good

Overall, I decided to purchase this vehicle for the v8, the size for safety and didn't want to go to a suv so this was my compromise. After the 23mpg this week and all the luxury and the honking power when needed i think this used car purchase is brilliant.
Old 01-19-19, 07:25 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mikesrx350
highway presence and having a big big car like this was missed. when i gave my kid my other car of this size didn't realize how much i missed the size diminishing how people push you in middle lane with smaller vehicles. could be my imagination but it has been consistent for last four days
Its not your imagination. Theres something about a big sedan on the road, people do get out of your way and give you space. Not something that I've experienced even in big SUVs or minivans either.

Glad you're enjoying it!

Quick Reply: Test Drove a 2010 LS