LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I'm spoiled rotten...

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-18, 06:00 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Default I'm spoiled rotten...

I don't know about you guys (and gals), but this car just spoils me rotten. To the point I don't feel worthy. I feel like I'm the kind of person better suited to be driving a well used Mitsubishi Mirage.

I'll be honest, when I put the ASC on the car, and showed up at work with it lowered (but the stance is very appropriate, and looks much better than stock), I caught some flack for it from certain individuals. Recently (about a year later), one of the certain individuals rode somewhere with me in the LS, and he said something to the effect, "holy crap, I thought this car was going to ride all rough, like a low-rider. Feels like this is the way its supposed to ride." He went on to say, "this is the only car I've even seen lowered down that I like." Which is very contrary to his sentiment when he first saw it lower.

Another closer coworker recently rode in it. He has an RX 350. He's always like the lowered stance. But when I cranked he said, "wow … I knew it had a V8, but damn." Then he said, "seriously … if you ever think you want to sell it, I'm interested." And lots of coworkers now refer to it as, "the limo." That's what it was referred to at my previous employer too.

And lastly. Last night I had to jump in it in my "work on car clothes" and hustle to AutoZone. I don't like to wear my nasty garage floor clothes in the LS or out in public, but I quickly needed to borrow tools to work on my dad's truck. When leaving, I turned out on the main road headed uphill toward a traffic light that is nearly always red. But it was green. So I layed into it to try to make it through the light. And I mean d-d-d-damn, it sounded AWESOME with the vents and it pulled so hard and clean and wasn't even floored. I don't care what any turbo V6 guys say … the low end instantaneous torque created by this engine combined with the sound is magnanimous. I will NOT own an LS 500, unless they give it the 5.0L as an option. Else in a couple years, I'm going LC 500.

But man, I love this car! I'm spoiled. It is slightly better than a Mitsubishi Mirage (which is all I really deserve). Am I the only one who feels spoiled? If you do too, share an experience that gave you appreciation for the LS 460.

J.O. out!
The following 2 users liked this post by Oliver Enterprises:
DaveGS4 (12-12-18), signdetres (12-12-18)
Old 12-12-18, 06:53 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

Not sure about deserving the car, but I love my car. I keep thinking I want to get a 14 - 16, but then I see it out in a parking lot and am amazed at how good it looks. Last night my wife and I were leaving a place and as we walked towards my car, I said out loud, "Damn my car looks awesome!".
Old 12-12-18, 07:01 AM
Sweetpea
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you should try driving the Platinum Series LS 400!!!!
Old 12-12-18, 07:25 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sweetpea
you should try driving the Platinum Series LS 400!!!!
I would love to. I didn't know it existed. When I see an LS 400 and a clean LS 430, they still look really great to me. I'd have either … or both! And an LC 500. I could use a fleet of vehicles … and a much bigger bank account.
Old 12-12-18, 07:40 AM
Sweetpea
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was an awesome car, no doubt! We sold it privately about 5 months when it had 272k miles on it but it still ran great! Regret that sale very much. Now, I have a 2009 LS460. Eh, it's okay I suppose. I'm not happy with it. The horn quit working...I fixed it myself twice, but now this morning it has stopped working again. Also, I had my tires bled and filled them with nitrogen (and the spare), but that TMPS light will not go out. I have pushed the reset button located under the dash and nothing works. You almost have to be a monkey or a contortionist to get to the darn thing ... especially if you are short, like me! lol Dealership tries to rip me off. Daddy didn't raise no fool!
Old 12-12-18, 08:22 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

I stick to a 78% nitrogen mixture. Any higher concentration of nitrogen than that, costs more than I want to pay.
The following 2 users liked this post by Oliver Enterprises:
DedBirdDog (12-12-18), Sweetpea (12-12-18)
Old 12-12-18, 09:15 AM
213374U
Lexus Test Driver

Received 138 Likes on 119 Posts

These cars definitely have a wow factor that I've never felt in another vehicle. Anybody who takes more than a second to look at it winds up saying "WHOA!!" at some point
Old 12-12-18, 09:27 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

but that TMPS light will not go out.
And it won't until you replace the sensor(s). The battery typically only last 5-7 years. While you're at it, you should just replace them as a set. I paid 300 bucks at my local tire shop here in Canada.
Old 12-12-18, 10:18 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Seems like a lot of bucks. Why don't you keep your LS picture in your signature, but add your Taurus picture as well?
Old 12-12-18, 10:31 AM
JLAWS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweetpea
It was an awesome car, no doubt! We sold it privately about 5 months when it had 272k miles on it but it still ran great! Regret that sale very much. Now, I have a 2009 LS460. Eh, it's okay I suppose. I'm not happy with it. The horn quit working...I fixed it myself twice, but now this morning it has stopped working again. Also, I had my tires bled and filled them with nitrogen (and the spare), but that TMPS light will not go out. I have pushed the reset button located under the dash and nothing works. You almost have to be a monkey or a contortionist to get to the darn thing ... especially if you are short, like me! lol Dealership tries to rip me off. Daddy didn't raise no fool!
Hilarious, you are complaining about a horn and TPMS "problem" for a near 10 year old car. Imagine owning a German car the same age.
Go to a tire shop that can scan Toyota sensors and reset them correctly. pressing the reset button will not do it.
Old 12-12-18, 11:35 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
Why don't you keep your LS picture in your signature, but add your Taurus picture as well?
I was thinking the same thing.
The following users liked this post:
NotFasty (12-12-18)
Old 12-12-18, 09:46 PM
StClair
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Ditto...

I was walking out of Costco this evening and saw this beauty...I couldn’t believe that was “My Precious.” Lady Silver is more than I ever imagined!! I fall in love every time our eyes meet 😂
The following 2 users liked this post by StClair:
DedBirdDog (12-13-18), dlbuckls10 (12-13-18)
Old 12-12-18, 10:03 PM
DedBirdDog
Intermediate

Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts

I've actually gotten fairly partial to the silver as well.
dlbuckls10 (12-13-18)
Old 12-13-18, 05:43 AM
jrmckinley
Pole Position

Received 338 Likes on 230 Posts

^^Beautiful cars - have always loved the LS in silver.
DedBirdDog (12-13-18)
Old 12-13-18, 06:15 AM
StClair
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by dedbirddog
i've actually gotten fairly partial to the silver as well.
beautiful!!!!!!
DedBirdDog (12-13-18)

Quick Reply: I'm spoiled rotten...