LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

To those interested in logo projector puddle lamps, I found the best ones

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-18, 08:45 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts
Default To those interested in logo projector puddle lamps, I found the best ones

So some of you may remember a few months ago I installed logo/projector puddle lamps in the front doors of my LS. I really like this mod, it looks very OEM since so many companies are doing this now. However, the lights I bought of Amazon are dim, and unless its totally dark you don't see them well. They also buzz a little when the music is turned up loud. I think I paid $11 for the set so no big surprise. I set out to try and find better quality ones.

Everything on Amazon is basically the same, but I found through another forum a high quality set and thought I'd give them a try. The logos are laser etched into the projectors as opposed to a printed cell, and the LEDs are much better. Retail was $65 but they're on sale for $39.99,

Installed them tonight, the difference is dramatic. These look so much better, more OEM too. No buzzing, much higher quality. The logos loose their "3D" look, but they're very bright, crisp and actually look more OEM for that reason.

This is a picture of the old set in my garage. The garage is light and it has a blue berber carpet in it, the old set never showed up well.

Old set:

Here is the new set, the improvement is obvious:

Out on a dark street, here were the old ones:

Here are the new ones. They're crisper, a flat 2D image also. Much better:

if you have interest in them, here they are:

https://www.windfireauto.com/product/te006-lex/
The following users liked this post:
Fresh585 (01-14-20)
Old 11-18-18, 01:56 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by SW17LS
So some of you may remember a few months ago I installed logo/projector puddle lamps in the front doors of my LS. I really like this mod, it looks very OEM since so many companies are doing this now. However, the lights I bought of Amazon are dim, and unless its totally dark you don't see them well. They also buzz a little when the music is turned up loud. I think I paid $11 for the set so no big surprise. I set out to try and find better quality ones.

Everything on Amazon is basically the same, but I found through another forum a high quality set and thought I'd give them a try. The logos are laser etched into the projectors as opposed to a printed cell, and the LEDs are much better. Retail was $65 but they're on sale for $39.99,

Installed them tonight, the difference is dramatic. These look so much better, more OEM too. No buzzing, much higher quality. The logos loose their "3D" look, but they're very bright, crisp and actually look more OEM for that reason.

This is a picture of the old set in my garage. The garage is light and it has a blue berber carpet in it, the old set never showed up well.

Old set:

Here is the new set, the improvement is obvious:

Out on a dark street, here were the old ones:

Here are the new ones. They're crisper, a flat 2D image also. Much better:

if you have interest in them, here they are:

https://www.windfireauto.com/product/te006-lex/

very nice good find, appreciate you posting, sharing is caring 😁
The following users liked this post:
SW17LS (11-18-18)
Old 11-19-18, 08:03 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Steve,
These rock. Just placed my order. Thanks for the website reference. For $20/mirror, this is a great mod.
Old 11-19-18, 08:09 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Is it normal for it to say "undefined"? Want to order these too but just want to make sure they actually say Lexus. I tried entering a make and year but the website just refreshes and nothing changes.

Old 11-19-18, 08:15 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Is it normal for it to say "undefined"? Want to order these too but just want to make sure they actually say Lexus. I tried entering a make and year but the website just refreshes and nothing changes.

Mine worked and listed the model, make & year.
Got this receipt via email.
I would try it again.

Hi Gary,

Just to let you know — your payment has been confirmed, and order #7264 is now being processed:

[Order #7264] (November 19, 2018)

ProductQuantityPriceForever-lens door projector Fits Lexus Models(TE006-L)-pair
  • Product & Terms Of Use:Customer understands projection is not representing the projector's source or sponsorship and agrees to lithography service terms of use
  • Car Make & Year:lexus Ls460 2011
  • Insert pre-install:Customer requests the inserts to be pre-installed
1$39.99Subtotal:$39.99Shipping:Free ShippingTax:$0.00Payment method:PayPal or Credit CardsTotal:$39.99
Old 11-19-18, 08:27 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

This is a little frustrating. Got it to show like below but still can't add it to cart. If I click to add the item then it goes back to just undefined and cart is still empty. This site is poorly designed (coming from a hardware/software engineer). Makes me question how securely they'll handle my payment info if I do manage to place the order. I have tried with Safari and Chrome and neither are working. Let me give them one last chance to take my money with IE, but if it's three-strikes then they're out.

Old 11-19-18, 08:35 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah the site isn't great, clearly its not a big company lol, but the product is really excellent, can't be purchased anywhere else I can find.

When I type it in it comes up "Undefined" I would just write your year and model into the field that you can write into.

ALL Lexus vehicles use the same lamp housing. I also selected for them to install the inserts for me

Payments are done by PayPal so no worries there
Old 11-19-18, 08:40 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Yeah the site isn't great, clearly its not a big company lol, but the product is really excellent, can't be purchased anywhere else I can find.

When I type it in it comes up "Undefined" I would just write your year and model into the field that you can write into.

ALL Lexus vehicles use the same lamp housing. I also selected for them to install the inserts for me

Payments are done by PayPal so no worries there
Steve,
What is involved in the installation? Any special tools?
Old 11-19-18, 08:42 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
Steve,
What is involved in the installation? Any special tools?
Nope, literally all you do is pop the housing out of the door panel, unplug it, plug this in (these housings replace the OEM housings) and pop them back into the door panel.

I may order another set and try the rear doors. They're an issue because the lamp housing is on the curved part of the panel, not the flat part like the front doors. Means the projector won't shoot straight at the ground, although supposedly the projectors are adjustable...
Old 11-20-18, 05:14 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Nope, literally all you do is pop the housing out of the door panel, unplug it, plug this in (these housings replace the OEM housings) and pop them back into the door panel.

I may order another set and try the rear doors. They're an issue because the lamp housing is on the curved part of the panel, not the flat part like the front doors. Means the projector won't shoot straight at the ground, although supposedly the projectors are adjustable...
if the projectors are adjustable maybe you can do us all a huge favour and pop your front ones out and try so if it works adequately we can buy 4 at a time. If not too much trouble. THANKS !!!! Appreciate it
Old 11-20-18, 05:48 AM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I bought the same ones from Amazon. Mine don’t buzz so I’m fine with them. The ones I bought for my M5 buzz like a bee though.

If these can be angled for the rear doors, then I’m sold.
Old 11-20-18, 06:44 AM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Kuhan
I bought the same ones from Amazon. Mine don’t buzz so I’m fine with them. The ones I bought for my M5 buzz like a bee though.

If these can be angled for the rear doors, then I’m sold.
They aren't the same if you bought them from Amazon. The ones from Amazon don't have the laser etched logo, and they're much dimmer. I looked everywhere and could not find anything on Amazon except the ones with the printed logo. Like I said above, I had those two and the difference between those and these are huge, logo is way crisper and more OEM looking and they are MUCH brighter.

Originally Posted by jdanielca
if the projectors are adjustable maybe you can do us all a huge favour and pop your front ones out and try so if it works adequately we can buy 4 at a time. If not too much trouble. THANKS !!!! Appreciate it
I don't want to risk messing these up. I will likely buy another set and return them if they don't work.
Old 11-20-18, 07:30 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Nice find, Steve. I will wait for your verdict for the rear doors before taking the plunge.
Old 11-20-18, 08:18 AM
R Z
Pole Position

Received 339 Likes on 259 Posts

I've had mine for about 4 years. I always get comments. Some good, some questionable. But either way, I love it!
Old 11-20-18, 08:25 AM
Kuhan
Pole Position

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

They aren't the same if you bought them from Amazon. The ones from Amazon don't have the laser etched logo, and they're much dimmer. I looked everywhere and could not find anything on Amazon except the ones with the printed logo. Like I said above, I had those two and the difference between those and these are huge, logo is way crisper and more OEM looking and they are MUCH brighter.
I know they aren’t the same. I bought the same old ones you did from Amazon also.

Does the seller sell them on eBay or Amazon or just directly from their website?

Quick Reply: To those interested in logo projector puddle lamps, I found the best ones