LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Long Distance Purchase Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-18, 09:30 PM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. Super low miles too.
Old 04-18-18, 10:29 PM
DerrickM
Advanced

Received 131 Likes on 111 Posts

Congratulations!!!
Old 04-18-18, 11:27 PM
k311in
Pit Crew

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats!!! When I first bought my car within the first week I put at least 5k miles on it driving long distance. It IS the most comfortable I have ever owned. 12 hour trips felt like a breeze.
Old 04-19-18, 05:50 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
Also purchased a CNA VSC 7yr/84k so it is covered until 2025 & 100k. .
Congrats! Sounds like you got an amazing car for a fair price! I do have a question: Did you purchase the CNA warranty from the selling dealer, or did you buy it separately? I recently purchased a 2010 LS460L, and am still contemplating purchasing a warranty from CNA. Any insight on how your CNA purchase went down would be useful. Thanks!
Old 04-19-18, 06:00 AM
riknchar
Instructor

Received 227 Likes on 140 Posts

Gary, Disregard my post from this morning - I found the forum thread where you explained how you obtained your CNA warranty! I'll see if I can get in touch with Jeff at Walker-Jones today to get a quote. Enjoy that new Lexus!
Old 04-19-18, 01:43 PM
Mbbarron
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Luscombe8A
Well, I have completed a long distance purchase, 700 miles. It did not go down quite like I had planned; it all worked out fine but was a bit of an ordeal.

I flew to Wichita this morning and I am now a proud owner of a 2011 LS 460 Sport, Starfire White, ML & CP options with only 16k on the clock. It is like a new car. Also purchased a CNA VSC 7yr/84k so it is covered until 2025 & 100k. I believe I got a good deal on a great car. I bought it through an Elite Lexus dealer pretty much site unseen because of the model year and mileage. The price was blue book retail which for me was fine given the low mileage. Car fax was clean and Lexus service records complete.

I have been looking for one for the last 4-5 months, usually 4-6 hours a week looking online. I have cataloged and followed over 150, 2011-2013 460's on an excel spread sheet. The spread sheet allowed me to sort the cars by exterior, interior colors, model year, mileage, price options, etc.. It also let me track how long they were on the market. I found the clean ones priced at fair market values rarely lasted more than 2-3 weeks. When I saw this one online I immediately emailed the dealer, negotiated a deal and placed a down payment on the car. This vehicle had the lowest mileage of any I had cataloged and included RWD, ML & black interior, the only must have options. All other features were negotiable for me. The white color was my third choice. I like it but not my first choice.

I will post photos when I get it home tomorrow, maybe. Going from clear and 50 to snow and 30 in Wisconsin.

Many thanks to all on this forum who have helped answer my questions and given great advice. I would have avoided the air suspension if not for the input of a few here including references to the CNA warranty. Other than the Lexus Platinum, that is the only VSC that will cover the air suspension that I know of.

This has been a great day, thanks in part to this forum and the input provided.
Congrats!!! Hope you have many years of enjoyable and stress-free driving in your perfect for you LS. Can I have your spreadsheet? Seriously, why haven't I been tracking all my internet searches for months as well? I have a folder where I printed out a few and requested my share of build sheets from Lexus, but I absolutely should have done an excel sheet to track my finds as well. My problem is that I'm being VERY picky on colors, both exterior and interior, and it's just been really hard to find the color combo that I'm searching for, let alone, clean, and with the mileage needed to put me in my budget. Glad you found what's ideal to you!
Old 04-19-18, 01:44 PM
Nospinzone

Received 407 Likes on 315 Posts

Wow, Gary, congrats! It sounds like you got the best buy of the year, a 2011 with only 16K.

Drive back carefully, this winter weather is getting ridiculous. We had snow fall today in the Boston area, although it didn't stick, but still, freaking ridiculous.
Old 04-19-18, 05:28 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Mbbarron
Congrats!!! Hope you have many years of enjoyable and stress-free driving in your perfect for you LS. Can I have your spreadsheet? Seriously, why haven't I been tracking all my internet searches for months as well? I have a folder where I printed out a few and requested my share of build sheets from Lexus, but I absolutely should have done an excel sheet to track my finds as well. My problem is that I'm being VERY picky on colors, both exterior and interior, and it's just been really hard to find the color combo that I'm searching for, let alone, clean, and with the mileage needed to put me in my budget. Glad you found what's ideal to you!
I sent you a PM
Old 04-19-18, 05:42 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

It is a bit dirty from the drive but man what a drive! Now I know why this model has a cult like following.
I brought Bournulli home today and am already loving the whole experience. The ride along with the ML audio is just awesome. The trip was 700 miles. I could not be more pleased with this purchase. We don't often purchase cars and a long distance purchase, never. Turned out well so far.

The drive back from Wichita was sublime.
Stopped to spend the night with Son and future Daughter in law in Kansas City and had BBQ of course.
Mean while back home my wife tells me we are getting snow out the wazoo. Turned out it was 7-1/2 inches Wednesday afternoon and night. A lot of it melted in the 50 degree sun before I got home.

Got a call this afternoon from the dealer while I was driving through Iowa. Turns out I made a mistake on the check I wrote, written amount does not match the digital amount so they can't accept it. We were talking while I was writing the check. Nothing I could do about it until I got home. Asked them not to call the police and have me arrested for stealing the car. Either way, they are not getting it back. I will get it squared away tomorrow.
Old 04-19-18, 09:59 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Hello Gary, Bournulli is beautiful! Congrats on an awesome purchase! Please post more pics inside and out.

Does the car has front and rear lips and maybe even side skirts? Are they aftermarket or is that the standard equipment on the F-sport? Looks very nice!

BTW, why the name Bournulli??

Last edited by comotiger; 04-19-18 at 10:11 PM.
Old 04-20-18, 07:11 PM
Luscombe8A
Pit Crew

BTW, why the name Bournulli??[/QUOTE]

Well "Grasshopper" I am glad you asked that question.

Here is the technical reason: Bernoulli's Principle is the single principle that helps explain how heavier-than-air objects can fly. Bernoulli's Principle states that faster moving air has low air pressure and slower moving air has high air pressure. Air going over the wing has to go faster to meet up with air at trailing edge, thus causing lower pressure on top and higher pressure, lift, pushing up from the bottom of the wing.

The ride in the LS460 with factory air is like riding on air, almost like flying, smooth as silk. Seemed only fair to give the credit to "Bernoulli" and name my car after him.

More pictures later tomorrow. The "Sport Package" on the 2011 included the modification to the lower portion of the front bumper. I think it is just a special lip. Not sure on the rear bumper except the lower portion between the exhaust ports is painted black. I believe all of the trims on the car are stock. I do not think it has special side skirts.

I am new to the LS line and know little about the various body features and options.

Last edited by Luscombe8A; 04-20-18 at 08:27 PM. Reason: Name Spelling