LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Traded in my '16 LS for a '17 Audi S7

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-17, 02:56 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Traded in my '16 LS for a '17 Audi S7

My Lexus is gone. Even though my LS was a lease, the payoff to trade in value was close and they offered me an even trade and I took it (I put a lot down on the initial Lexus lease). I got a pretty big discount off of MSRP as well, with the 1k incentive it was close to $8k below I think. Only thing, though, is that unlike Lexus, Audi doesn't inflate their residuals. I almost just bought this car outright as the payments were literally almost the same, but ended up leasing it instead as I'm leaving the door open for a 450+ HP LS, assuming it ever manifests itself. If not, I'm getting another Audi.

It's a premium plus, but pretty much every option except for the B&O stereo and night vision.

It has the Alcantara headliner (which is absolutely stunning), sport package, black optic package, driver assist package and carbon fiber inserts.

All I can say is WOW. This thing is just absolutely stunning and a beast of a car. When I first got my LS, I thought it was fairly fast for its size. Flooring it felt good. The LS 460 is like peanuts compared to this car.

This is the video that pushed me over the edge to just do it immediately and what this guys says is exactly how this car is. It truly is an amazing piece of machinery. It's surprisingly quiet. It absorbs bumps better than my LS in my opinion even on 35 series 20 inch wheels (S7 has air shocks) and it is just wickedly, wickedly fast without being brash (which is precisely what I wanted). I'll share more after I get a chance to drive it more.

Old 06-30-17, 03:04 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Rhambler
My Lexus is gone. Even though my LS was a lease, the payoff to trade in value was close and they offered me an even trade and I took it (I put a lot down on the initial Lexus lease). I got a pretty big discount off of MSRP as well, with the 1k incentive it was close to $8k below I think. Only thing, though, is that unlike Lexus, Audi doesn't inflate their residuals. I almost just bought this car outright as the payments were literally almost the same, but ended up leasing it instead as I'm leaving the door open for a 450+ HP LS, assuming it ever manifests itself. If not, I'm getting another Audi.

It's a premium plus, but pretty much every option except for the B&O stereo and night vision.

It has the Alcantara headliner (which is absolutely stunning), sport package, black optic package, driver assist package and carbon fiber inserts.

All I can say is WOW. This thing is just absolutely stunning and a beast of a car. When I first got my LS, I thought it was fairly fast for its size. Flooring it felt good. The LS 460 is like peanuts compared to this car.

This is the video that pushed me over the edge to just do it immediately and what this guys says is exactly how this car is. It truly is an amazing piece of machinery. It's surprisingly quiet. It absorbs bumps better than my LS in my opinion even on 35 series 20 inch wheels (S7 has air shocks) and it is just wickedly, wickedly fast without being brash (which is precisely what I wanted). I'll share more after I get a chance to drive it more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pjIoN4ZKMc&t=289s

Congrats, Rhambler. It is clear how happy you are with the S7. Definitely a stunner and I love the diamond stitching on the seating. Raised my eyebrow when you wrote it rides better than the LS. Intriguing. Enjoy it in good health.
Old 06-30-17, 03:18 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Oh yeah, another thing immediately stood out (besides the blazing speed) is the dual clutch transmission. First time I've ever driven a car with with this type of transmission. It's definitely different. It shifts lightning fast, I mean, it's almost imperceptible, but you can feel it during low-speed traffic driving. It's like driving a stick in traffic: where in a manual you let the clutch slip, in this car, it does it for you, and you can feel it. At slow, crawling bumper-to-bumper speeds it does feel exactly like a manual.
Old 06-30-17, 03:36 PM
mattbeeezy
Lead Lap

Received 35 Likes on 20 Posts

awesome, congrats! I test drove one at Carmax not to long ago, I was really impressed.
Old 06-30-17, 04:11 PM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Congratulations. I love my A8. Audi's are really fantastic to drive. Very engaging and rewarding. And if your into it APR tuning options are pretty amazing.

Last edited by Lexuslsguy; 06-30-17 at 04:25 PM.
Old 06-30-17, 04:20 PM
greg3852
Lexus Test Driver

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Love it!!! That is a beauty. Looking forward to hearing more about it.
Old 06-30-17, 04:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,522 Likes on 1,820 Posts

Not my thing but glad you're happy.

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
Raised my eyebrow when you wrote it rides better than the LS.
I've driven it, it doesn't
Old 06-30-17, 05:05 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

To add to the above, that's not a denigration of the car, it's a fabulous car. It's just a firmer sportier car than the LS. A8/S8 ride similarly but not the A7/S7.
Old 06-30-17, 05:11 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

Well you may have driven it, I own it and just spent half the day driving both back-to-back. I paid particular attention to two things: sound and ride.

In comfort mode, this thing hides bumps better than the LS 460 on metal springs. Can't speak for the LS 460 on air because I've never been in one. And this is on tiny 35 series tires.
Old 06-30-17, 05:38 PM
Robb92914
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SW15LS
Not my thing but glad you're happy.

I've driven it, it doesn't

Glad someone said it before I did lol. I have a 2017 LS F-Sport manager loaner for the week and its pretty amazing. My buddy has an S7 which I have driven multiple times and although they are quick and pretty impressive....the LS is a different beast

Nice ride though! I am sure you'll enjoy her!
Old 06-30-17, 05:48 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rhambler
Well you may have driven it, I own it and just spent half the day driving both back-to-back. I paid particular attention to two things: sound and ride.

In comfort mode, this thing hides bumps better than the LS 460 on metal springs. Can't speak for the LS 460 on air because I've never been in one. And this is on tiny 35 series tires.
I think this is a little bit rose colored glasses here because you're happy with your new car which is fine.

However, I wouldn't classify the ride as anywhere close to similar, and it's not supposed to be.
Old 06-30-17, 06:31 PM
Rhambler
Lexus Test Driver

No they're not supposed to be the same and that's why it's rather surprising. Surprised me.

I drive the same route every day for years and know the bumps by muscle memory in my LS. I just drove over my commute, same road, same bumps in two modes: dynamic and comfort. Yeah dynamic was harsher. Comfort was surprisingly better than my metal sprung LS on 19s. That's how much of a difference those air springs plushes everything out when it's asked to, at least in the S7.

Noise is worse. The LS is quieter. The S7 is quiet but not nearly so.

Is that rose-colored?
Old 06-30-17, 07:16 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

We'll just have to agree to disagree. The A7 and S7 I drove didn't ride nearly as well as the LS. Your 19s play a role, but I wouldn't guess that significant a role.
Old 06-30-17, 07:33 PM
lextout
Racer

Received 47 Likes on 45 Posts

congratulations!
Old 07-01-17, 03:44 AM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

I has a A7 for week, initially I was in lust, about day four I decided I was keeping my LS!

Quick Reply: Traded in my '16 LS for a '17 Audi S7