LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

should i replace or convert my 2010 ls460 sport 4PCS Rear & Front Air Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-19, 02:58 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by My3Boyz

I didn’t ask for part numbers, but I will! This will be about 2800.00 for the conversion kit and labor
That' sounds very high im sorry , how much was the suncore kit and how much of that was the labor? Glad you got $500 knocked off though.

Originally Posted by VanCityLS4
Can’t believe people are spending thousands on Suncore trash because it’s labeled as a “kit” lol. KYB or nothing if converting back to coils.
ive been warning people about suncore for two years since I first had interest in swapping out mine

Its not a kit, its just a generic no name, no brand strut and spring combo , that's it

On a side note I may be doing my conversion finally next week Monday, I have the kyb struts, tananabe springs and mounting hats, does anyone know if I need to purchase nuts and bolts or so I use the existing ones?

Anything else I may need?
Old 04-24-19, 05:10 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Just so people are aware, here is the "unbranded" conversion kit for $287.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Front-Rear-...AAAOSw3yJbT0uM

Here is the same kit branded as "suncore" for twice the price at $557.00

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2007-2012-L.../310518153358?

Suncore used to charge like $1200 for their strut+spring combo, I guess they have come down to try to compete with its own supplier
The following users liked this post:
badash (07-28-19)
Old 04-25-19, 06:37 AM
Richardjii
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I felt like I wasn’t seeing definite answers on this thread and wasn’t sure of what to do but I just finished my conversion successfully so hopefully this helps someone. I have a 2008 Ls460L
I bought kyb gas a just struts about $110 each. Then kyb mounting kit about 30 each from carid the springs oem but from a third party monster parts.com they shipped from a Lexus dealer in Florida the one thing people don’t mention is lower strut insulator my mechanic new a piece was missing but didn’t know the name we figured it out the front and rear are same part. Riverside ca Lexus $57 Ontario ca Lexus $15 each. Mechanic gave me a massive deal on installation $275. Plus alignment $55. The car still rides good and smooth but without air the Yokohama 19’ tires are more noticeable so now I need better tires. Pirelli p7’s they didn’t remove any air parts except the struts and I have no lights on the dash very happy with results. The mechanic was surly at how well it felt without air. Steering is much better I just wish the front end was a slight bit higher

Last edited by Richardjii; 04-25-19 at 07:09 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Richardjii:
HeavyHandz (01-21-20), The Ikon (06-17-19)
Old 04-25-19, 11:27 AM
LS430Nole
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Richardjii
what are the results with lights were you able to avoid lights by keeping height sensors in place.
No lights so far with height sensors in place.
Old 04-25-19, 01:21 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

I felt like I wasn’t seeing definite answers on this thread and wasn’t sure of what to do but I just finished my conversion successfully so hopefully this helps someone. I have a 2008 Ls460L
I bought kyb gas a just struts about $110 each. Then kyb mounting kit about 30 each from carid the springs oem but from a third party monster parts.com they shipped from a Lexus dealer in Florida the one thing people don’t mention is lower strut insulator my mechanic new a piece was missing but didn’t know the name we figured it out the front and rear are same part. Riverside ca Lexus $57 Ontario ca Lexus $15 each. Mechanic gave me a massive deal on installation $275. Plus alignment $55. The car still rides good and smooth but without air the Yokohama 19’ tires are more noticeable so now I need better tires. Pirelli p7’s they didn’t remove any air parts except the struts and I have no lights on the dash very happy with results. The mechanic was surly at how well it felt without air. Steering is much better I just wish the front end was a slight bit higher
can you please send us a part number of the lower strut insulator? Ive never heard of anyone needing this for the swap

Also where did you get the labor for $275 that's a great price , im supposed to do mine next week id like to call your shop if your okay with that

thanks
HeavyHandz (01-21-20)
Old 04-25-19, 03:36 PM
Richardjii
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
can you please send us a part number of the lower strut insulator? Ive never heard of anyone needing this for the swap

Also where did you get the labor for $275 that's a great price , im supposed to do mine next week id like to call your shop if your okay with that

thanks
the Lexus part number is 48158-30020 it’s also on lexuspartsnow .com. I believe because in the conversion kits which just a complete strut it already has it.
he told me he knew the quote was low but he wanted to gain me as a customer. And he defiantly did. It’s called quickstop auto repair in San Bernardino ca. 1055 w 21st street.

Last edited by Richardjii; 04-25-19 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-15-19, 05:34 AM
mckellyb
Lexus Test Driver

Received 147 Likes on 109 Posts

Ls600hl60, you're not the only one.

I bought a second one with air suspension after the first one was totaled.
Old 06-17-19, 09:51 PM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Hows the ride coming along... have you finally gotten accustomed to the strut feel on the 460? Is there any swaying or dipping with the struts installed? How stable is it high speed turns and highway speeds up to 75-95 MPH? Is it still Luxury car comfortable?

No warning lights still? Thanks!!!!!!!!

The Ikon
Old 06-18-19, 11:47 AM
MrGTR
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How are you all ending your air suspension? It must take tremendous abuse to go through one or two sets. I just replaced my front lower control arms and during the inspection it was clear the previous owner must have launched over a speed hump at tremendous speed (as was evident from the coca cola stains on the interior). Just curious to hear if it's manufacturer quality or more driver determined...
Old 07-19-19, 08:01 AM
jdanielca
Pole Position

Received 210 Likes on 188 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexuslsguy
KYB is the OEM manufacturer but the strut rates tend to be a little different for the OEM part vs the direct part. GR2's or whatever they are. They have a great rep and RockAuto should have most of the parts you need. I would not go with cheap shocks personally. Do NOT remove the height sensors. The air suspension computer needs to see signal from these sensors unless you enjoy warning lights on your dash. You can pull the fuse for the air compressor or disconnect at the compressor itself. Mounts, coil springs, shocks, and hardware I believe is all you need. There is also special tool that is used to disconnect the air fitting at the air strut. The procedure is well documented on the 430 forum and is the same.

Nothing like riding on air. You are going to miss it.
where are the height sensors on the rears? what do you guys think about changing only the rears to oem coilovers?
Old 07-26-19, 07:30 AM
johnuribe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by teedub21
No. you'll need the coil springs and all mounting hardware as well. I've read if you pull the fuse for the air compressor no warning lights come on.
Does anyone know what fuse to pull for the air compressor? I have found on for the air suspension system, but pulling that produces a warning.
Old 09-09-19, 11:58 PM
KMZ
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wh2825

i'm sure there are more options. has anyone had to deal with this out of warranty?
hi, I'm in same boat. MY07 ls460 RWD. original air shocks got aged. rear was bouncing bad over uneven rough road. front makes constant noise from air shock.

I decided to go with Coilovers for solution, would that be an 'option 5'?
Old 09-12-19, 05:33 PM
rogersmj
Rookie

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Reading this with interest because I'm shopping for an LS, and I like the Sport but am wary of the air suspension.

On non-Sport/600h, was air suspension a standalone option? If so, is there an easy way to tell if the car has it (when looking at photos online)?
Old 09-12-19, 10:33 PM
LS460Crown
Rookie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I believe all the 600h cars have air suspension. I have the air suspension on my 460 and I love it. I'm at 115k miles and have never had an issue with it. I have billsteins on my land cruiser and Toyota 4wd pick up, and I love them too.
Old 09-13-19, 06:47 AM
Tec80
Advanced

Received 126 Likes on 98 Posts

The air suspension was always paired with electronic shocks, so if you look on the console there is a rocker switch (COMFORT-NORMAL-SPORT) and HEIGHT HIGH button below the rocker on an LS460 with air suspension.
rogersmj (09-13-19)

Quick Reply: should i replace or convert my 2010 ls460 sport 4PCS Rear & Front Air Suspension