LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Magnaflow Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-17, 12:05 PM
Van Gogh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2013 LS460 F-Sport AWD and just installed a set of Jason's exhaust vents this past weekend. I can't get over the improvement in the the sound quality of the car. While Lexus did an excellent job of making a quiet luxury car, the V8 engine in this vehicle isn't being done any justice by being kept so silent. The exhaust vents changed that for sure. There is now a deep tone that suits the car perfectly, while still being tasteful. Installation took under an hour and I highly recommend this addition to any LS. Jason, thanks for making this accessory available to the LS community!
Old 04-15-17, 09:24 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Is there a group buy on the horizon Jason?
Old 04-15-17, 09:33 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by DarKnight
Is there a group buy on the horizon Jason?
I would entertain such an idea. But I don’t know how it would work. Throw out an idea, and let me think about it.

Jason Oliver
Old 04-15-17, 10:00 AM
vikm
Driver School Candidate

Default I'm in for a group buy

Jason, if you decide to do a group buy count me in. I sent you an email last week on this. I want the vents to be louder and want to purchase 4 vents (Stacking two together for each muffler) but not looking to pay $180. I wish you had different thickness of the vents rather than stacking them up and charging for it to be louder.
Old 04-15-17, 10:18 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Manufacturing limitations. Thicker ones would cost more either way. Maybe more than the difference in which I'm willing to sell the 2nd set. So far, the take rate on double stacking is very low. And everyone with the standard set is very happy with the sound level, at this point it is less expensive for you guys to stack than for me to make a very low volume run of thicker more expensive material.

I conceived of these, designed, arranged the manufacturers (of which are quality vendors, because you guys and these cars deserve high quality components, not hacked together junk). And I put a rather healthy sum of money into this, not to get rich, just because it makes a great car that much better. Anywho, that's not you guys' issue and I'm extremely happy with the results. And love hearing you guys post your results.

The vast majority of my cost is in the vents so I can't just throw a 2nd set in for free. That and with a 2nd set of vents will push the weight of shipping these into the next cost bracket. I hope you guys can understand that. I'm NOT trying to gouge.

Jason
Old 04-15-17, 10:27 AM
vikm
Driver School Candidate

I know you've put in a lot of work and money into producing these with good some result by the feedback I've read. I would gladly pay the $120 if it was louder for the vent.

Think about a group buy or a promotion to off-load some of your inventory. Maybe if you get enough interest it would make sense to have a special rate on these for a limited time (don't forget to include a double stack special rate). So you have two people already interested. As mentioned count me in for a double stack vent
Old 04-15-17, 10:41 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

I'm sitting out in the sun at a bmx race. If you guys wanna throw out some ideas, I'll read them and think about it and respond on Monday in the cool AC. Plus I'm on my smartphone and can't type so good now.
Old 04-15-17, 12:42 PM
PMIRO2
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just curious, but I have the JoeZ exhaust. Like most things in life, once you get used to it, you want more. Would there be any increase in sound adding these if I already have an aftermarket exhaust?
Old 04-17-17, 06:56 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Oliver Enterprises
I would entertain such an idea. But I don’t know how it would work. Throw out an idea, and let me think about it.

Jason Oliver
I don't know what you're cost is so I don't know what pricing makes sense for you. Depending on how many people decide to join the group buy you can give a discount accordingly. For example, if you get 10 people you give a $10 discount or something like that. At the end of the day you have to price it so that it makes sense for you.
Old 04-17-17, 07:24 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PMIRO2
Just curious, but I have the JoeZ exhaust. Like most things in life, once you get used to it, you want more. Would there be any increase in sound adding these if I already have an aftermarket exhaust?
PMIRO2 - I would have to test that in order to provide you with a definitive answer. But, at this time, I have no means to test that. My gut instinct would be that you probably would not see the amount of additional sound that would be satisfactory ... to you.
Old 04-17-17, 09:08 AM
Oliver Enterprises
Former Sponsor

See the GROUP BUY info here ---> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...ml#post9838027
Old 04-17-17, 02:58 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Damn I knew I should have said a $20 discount lol. How about $100 if you get 20 people?
Old 04-17-17, 03:56 PM
VanCityLS4
Lead Lap

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by PMIRO2
Does the JoeZ use 2.25" or 2.5" pipe? It seems the muffler body is nearly the same size as the Magnaflow axle back which is why it is on the quiet side. I had a custom made axle back with a straight thru Magnaflow 18" bodies TIG welded with 2.25" piping (they sell it with 2.5" pipe and 18" body as well). I too find it on the quiet side but it is definitely more aggressive and IMO sounds better than the above mentioned 'vents'. Both my 400/430 had $2500 custom TIG welded cat backs so that's the type of sound I'm used to. These cars are full of good sound insulation so drone is almost non existent at this point. The problem with any axle back unit on the 460 is that the stock resonators and secondary cats work so well that axle back units are limited. When I down shift it sounds so close to stock, not what I want. My future solution is to use a muffler body that's in the 12-15" range. I've heard a few sound clips of rear muffler deletes and the chance of annoying drone seems higher. Anyone interested in my mufflers PM me.
Old 04-17-17, 06:05 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Jason.....you are a very patient and generous man. I could NOT put up with the politics demands of potential buyers for this kind of enterprise. Good on ya!
Old 04-17-17, 08:24 PM
vikm
Driver School Candidate

Left you a PM...I'm in for the double stack vents.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Exhaust