LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

2015 Best SF Bay Area Lexus Dealership(s)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-15, 06:42 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 2015 Best SF Bay Area Lexus Dealership(s)

Lexus Owners & fans-

We're looking to establish a long-term relationship with a Bay Area Lexus dealership in the very immediate future. This isn't about one purchase, but several vehicles over a number of years- as well as service concerns. I would consider Sacramento/Rocklin as well if need be, but Bay Area is preferable.

Any dealerships you can suggest with some substance as to why?
I had some good feedback about Serramonte from a satisfied repeat customer. A few years back there were good reports about Magnussen Lexus in Fremont. Has that changed?

I also have the philosophy that lowest price doesn't always equal VALUE. We desire honesty, no hassle, and top customer service (don't we all?). I also know that you can take your avg Lex to Toyota for service intervals...

The last post about this subject was back in 2007 so I'm looking for fresh, current experience & input. Thank you so much in advance for this invaluable guidance.

MODS- if this post should be moved to a more appropriate area, please do so. Thx.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 11-15-15 at 03:34 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 03:36 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

53 reads and nothing yet...anybody? Is there somewhere I can go to for this information, such as "Premium Lexus dealership" or something? Don't they get rated?

So far I've come up with only things dating back to 2007.
Old 11-15-15, 04:59 PM
Lexuslsguy
Pole Position

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Putnam and Serrmonte both seem to be well rated. Putnam has a higher score on Yelp.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...+Francisco,+CA
Old 11-15-15, 05:45 PM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lexuslsguy
Putnam and Serrmonte both seem to be well rated. Putnam has a higher score on Yelp.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc...+Francisco,+CA
Thanks! I did see the Serramonte Yelp rating but had not seen Putnam. Thank you so very much! Looks like Putnam and Magnussen both rate pretty favorably- with Putnam ranking just ahead. Thanks again.

Last edited by 1BlinkGone; 11-15-15 at 05:51 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 07:39 PM
sdwtchlvr
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Dealership ratings are pretty subjective. It's tough to say who is the best or even who's better. More often than not, it's a matter of convenience. I say check a couple out that are close to you. Chat with a service manager or two. See how friendly the staff is. Do they greet you when you walk in or is it a ghost town? Is the sales staff at their desk with their feet kicked up watching football (happened to me) or are they walking out to greet you ask you get out of your car?

There are 4 within 30 miles of me and at least two of them I wouldn't give my business to. The furtherest away is the nicest and friendliest.
Old 11-17-15, 12:46 AM
1BlinkGone
Pole Position

There are 4 within 30 miles of me and at least two of them I wouldn't give my business to. The furtherest away is the nicest and friendliest.
...and THAT is exactly why I asked the question I did. Is experience subjective? YMMV. Thanks!
Old 11-20-15, 12:01 AM
Duck05
Racer

Received 360 Likes on 241 Posts

I have lived in the SF Bay area, born and raised, and have purchased two Lexus vehicles. Other than warranty type stuff and a few parts, have had little interaction with any of the many dealerships due mostly to the steep costs they all charge. Have had some good luck with independents especially for mods and performance upgrades on the SC which a dealership typically does not offer.

In general, all the dealerships are friendly since they have such a quality product to sell.

You may want to pose this question in the NorCal forum since that is not model centric and should get more responses with first hand experiences.
Old 09-18-20, 01:59 PM
niv0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just picked up a 2014 is350, looking to wrap my roof. Anyone know a good shop in NOVA ?