LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Watch out Darryl Geller in Atlanta For ECU or Navi Repair

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-15, 04:53 PM
robbykang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Watch out Darryl Geller in Atlanta For ECU or Navi Repair

Screen smashed, frame all bent

Wrapped with this thin bubble one layer in a loose box. Unit got beaten everywhere.

My Navi screen got black screen. I found Darryl on ebay and also reviewed him from clublexus and he was pretty much trustworthy. When I texted him my problem he responded right away and guided my many other possible solutions I could try. Wow, this made me even trust him more and after all attempts failed I sent him the unit.

He sent the unit back after 3 weeks and I was happy and dropped all the concerns about him not responding at all during this period. I took it with just coincident contacting him when he was busy.

In 4 month unit started showing same problem and I called Darryl. He asked me to send the unit back and I rushed it with 2 day air. I didn't want to rush him and put too much pressure so I text him for the confirmation of receiving good. No responses. Text him 5 times and called 4 times and got nothing. 2 weeks later he picked up the phone and said my unit was received with screen damaged and he was going to send me the photo.

He failed to notify sender of the damage he received on time still he never send me the photo. I patiently wanted for him to finish his work for another 3 weeks. During this time again, he never responded to my text asking for the status. I decided to keep calling him and when I finally reached him he said it would be all ready in 2 days. Good news as my patience is being paid for finally.

On the day, called him again for the status on shipment and he told me the unit was not working again and he was not sure whatelse to look at. I started doubting if he ever opened the unit. Asked him to send the unit back as was but he asked for $65 for replacement of screen cover. Yeah, you can have $65 if you were so desperate so I send him $65 to end this chaos.

Received the unit and when I open the box I was shocked. The screen got all crashed and the unit's frame were all bent here and there and it looks like the box has been kicking around. I know it could be UPS however, the packaging condition was so poor and I could not believe the way he packed for the unit which had broken screen from previous shipment. It only had one thin bubble wrap and this was never going to be OK to begin with. I show this to local shop and they found LCD itself got totally smashed and maybe hardware unit is now trash. I text him all the photos and my claim and I know he will not respond.

I will have to seek for a way to make him pay for his negligence and I want other lexus users be aware of what I've been through with Darryl Geller. His phone number is 404-550-7511

Last edited by robbykang; 11-02-15 at 05:02 PM. Reason: adding photos
Old 11-13-15, 07:15 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

sounds like youve got a bigger beef with ups/usps/whoeverShippingCo...
Old 12-14-15, 03:44 PM
TaninAuto
Sponsor

Received 110 Likes on 80 Posts

It's not the fault of any shipping company if an item was packed as described above.
www.taninautoelectronix.com