LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Lexus Of Edmonton... and thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-15, 05:12 PM
Hermes16
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Lexus Of Edmonton... and thoughts

hey guys i just thought i would post this here.

today i had my 80,000 mile major service on my vehicle and though i would share my experience with you guys. i currently own a 2007 Lexus Ls460L for just over an year and half. i just had one horrible experience servicing the vehicle. Don't get me wrong, the car is amazing and always a pleasure to drive. for this service it was an oil change, rear differential flush, checking everything with the vehicle such as brakes and wheels, cabin filters and just the air filter. so the final bill came out to just over $650.00 which i was completely fine with. the issue i had was the dealership servicing the vehicle... i dropped the vehicle off at 8:00 Am and the service was suppose to be completed within a "half day".. i was fine with that as well, but the vehicle was not completed until 5:21 pm which got me very frustrated but even more so when the took my car in at 2 pm....

this is not the first complaint i have with the dealer where they forgot to reset my oil reset light TWICE in the past when i only came in the dealer for the sole purpose of an oil change. the last little bit was that i asked them to check my front strut bar which was making a little clunk sound when driving over some heavier bumps, which looks to be never looked at because car still makes little clunk sounds and the employee never mentioned anything with this issue. please advise on what to do guys and thank you for your comments in advance.
Old 05-22-15, 06:04 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Do you have other Lexus dealers in the Edmonton area? There are four in the Metro Vancouver area, so I have a good choice to Choose from. I have yet to need their service, as I do most of my own work, but when I do need service done (or choose not to do myself - like brake flush and trans flush), I take my car to the local Toyota dealer in my town (I'm East of Vancouver about 45 mins away). They do EXCELLENT work and their prices are far better than Lexus. I would consider doing your work with Toyota. Do a Google search of your local dealers for customer satisfaction and go from there.
Old 05-22-15, 06:25 PM
Hermes16
Driver

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Do you have other Lexus dealers in the Edmonton area? There are four in the Metro Vancouver area, so I have a good choice to Choose from. I have yet to need their service, as I do most of my own work, but when I do need service done (or choose not to do myself - like brake flush and trans flush), I take my car to the local Toyota dealer in my town (I'm East of Vancouver about 45 mins away). They do EXCELLENT work and their prices are far better than Lexus. I would consider doing your work with Toyota. Do a Google search of your local dealers for customer satisfaction and go from there.
i only have one other lexus dealer in Edmonton but quite a few toyota dealers. the only reason i do go to the dealership is because i don't have the time to do it myself and i do have a free oil change card which has been useful. i don't know if the card is just an gimmick to force you to do service at their dealership but its only valid at the lexus of edmonton dealership
Old 05-22-15, 07:50 PM
Vansibel
Intermediate

Received 56 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Hermes16
the last little bit was that i asked them to check my front strut bar which was making a little clunk sound when driving over some heavier bumps, which looks to be never looked at because car still makes little clunk sounds and the employee never mentioned anything with this issue. please advise on what to do guys and thank you for your comments in advance.
Your symptom sound exactly as what is specified in the service bulletin L-TCI-3091. You probably got the old shock/actuator version that plagued earlier ls. Depending of the production year of your car you might need to change either the rear or all 4 shock absorber and actuator to resolve this issue. You're looking at a 4000-8000$ repair if done at the dealer. That might be one reason why they don't want to look at it and see you flip out on them. Here is an excerpt of that bulletin:

Some 2007 - 2011 LS460/460L and 2008 - 2011 LS600hl model year vehicles may exhibit a knocking type noise when going over bumps. This may be accompanied by a rough ride condition.
Old 05-22-15, 07:56 PM
NickTee
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Vansibel
Your symptom sound exactly as what is specified in the service bulletin L-TCI-3091. You probably got the old shock/actuator version that plagued earlier ls. Depending of the production year of your car you might need to change either the rear or all 4 shock absorber and actuator to resolve this issue. You're looking at a 4000-8000$ repair if done at the dealer. That might be one reason why they don't want to look at it and see you flip out on them. Here is an excerpt of that bulletin:

Some 2007 - 2011 LS460/460L and 2008 - 2011 LS600hl model year vehicles may exhibit a knocking type noise when going over bumps. This may be accompanied by a rough ride condition.
Time to buy an extended warranty.
Old 05-23-15, 12:01 AM
Hermes16
Driver

Originally Posted by Vansibel

there is no rough ride with the car at all though, there is no sound from the rear at all, it only comes from the passenger side front where you hear the clunks
Old 05-23-15, 08:20 AM
Wandl
Lexus Test Driver

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Drive south of the border to a US dealership. At least they can charge you more via USD

I agree with other sentiments on exploring Toyota for other work, maybe Lexus only for oil changes?
Old 05-23-15, 09:12 AM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by Wandl
Drive south of the border to a US dealership. At least they can charge you more via USD

I agree with other sentiments on exploring Toyota for other work, maybe Lexus only for oil changes?
Toyota dealer uses the same oil as Lexus. Actually the other way around - Lexus uses (usually) TGMO. The only thing that the Toyota dealer can't do, is warranty or recall work. Toyota services and repairs will even show on Lexus' service history records.