LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Headlight low beam issue

Old 10-09-17, 12:14 PM
ve00386
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you know where the low beam head light relay locate? both of my low beam headlight fuses are good but there is no power coming to the fuses. Thanks.
Old 04-07-18, 06:48 PM
PabloBontt
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hi guys,
I went out of the county, one month later I came back home. both low beam lights won't come on. I checked fuses and they are ok. Tips?
Old 12-24-18, 07:47 AM
Gancoob
Driver School Candidate

Default Low beam nightmare

Originally Posted by tlk2megoos
Bringing this back from the dead... Is this the Engine-2 Relay Block? I'm in a situation with my '07 where I've replaced the Headlamp Assembly, Ballast/HID ECU, Bulb, Engine-1 Relay Block, and Engine-2 Relay Block, but am not getting power to the Pass Low Beam. I've tested the headlamp is good when connected to the other side, so something is not getting power to the HID Connector plug (gray lower). Is there something I am missing? This low beam is the only thing keeping me from passing inspection. It's frustrating to see this car sit for what should be a simple, not to mention much less expensive recurring problem, especially since I have replaced seemingly everything but the wire harness.

Hey, it feels like I have the same issue as you once did. I’ve bought new HIDS, ballast, and checked the fuses, only to see they were fine. What was the culprit once I were done? Was it the engine two relay block? I’m at a loss here for how to get the darn lights to work!
i really appreciate any assistance you can provide.
Gancoob
Old 12-24-18, 07:51 AM
Gancoob
Driver School Candidate

Default Part number

Originally Posted by 1Putt
Another update--

The relay part that was brought in was not the correct item. Ended up having to replace a junction box that contains multiple relays that are integrated to this piece. One of these integrated relays was the culprit. $300 part. Had to wait a little longer, at least now its done and back to normal

Putt, do U have the integration relay part number? It feels like I’m in the same situation as you were. I’d rather not have the dealership spend 6 hours working on this! I’ve already replaced enough and invested enough time in this low beam saga!
Thanks.
Gancoob
Old 12-27-18, 01:07 AM
1Putt
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry, I do not have it
Old 12-29-18, 05:48 PM
305Busa
Instructor

Received 48 Likes on 28 Posts

Ok, I had the same issue and I chased gremlins for 2 hours to no avail. Checked my tech manual and it leads to the relay in block 2 which is somehow intergrated and the entire thing has to be changed out. I did something to get it to work and its been working for about 6 months now. By all means, what Im about to say is strictly at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for anything that happens to anyones car.
My solution, both headlights have individual fuses. I simply jumped power from one fuse to the other. Took a small cable, inserted into where the fuse blade goes, reinstalled the fuse and did the same thing into the fuse of the non working light.
I know this isnt the appropriate fix but its a temp fix for anyone just to get by.
Old 01-02-19, 04:04 PM
tlk2megoos
Driver

Originally Posted by 305Busa
Ok, I had the same issue and I chased gremlins for 2 hours to no avail. Checked my tech manual and it leads to the relay in block 2 which is somehow intergrated and the entire thing has to be changed out. I did something to get it to work and its been working for about 6 months now. By all means, what Im about to say is strictly at your own risk. I will not be held responsible for anything that happens to anyones car.
My solution, both headlights have individual fuses. I simply jumped power from one fuse to the other. Took a small cable, inserted into where the fuse blade goes, reinstalled the fuse and did the same thing into the fuse of the non working light.
I know this isnt the appropriate fix but its a temp fix for anyone just to get by.
You're right, this is *very* risky! Doing it this way can potentially burn you to the ground as the additional load can overwhelm the wiring for the original working circuit, the (unfused) bridge, or both.

Replacing relay block 2 has been determined to be the correct repair for this issue and is now a common procedure. Please do not endanger yourselves by attempting the fix detailed above for any electrical problem.
Old 04-15-19, 09:28 PM
Dakidd
Driver School Candidate

Default Low beam

I have a 2007 Lexus Ls460 and my lights were quivering then they started going off and on not off at the same time then a couple days later I noticed that the headlights didn't come on at all change the headlights still didn't come on check my fuses with a fuse indicator. The headlight fuse indicator didn't light up for the low beam headlights so what do you guys think is wrong I appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance
Old 06-28-19, 05:46 PM
aaaaaaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

I am having the same issue with my 08 ls460 if anyone knows the exact relay I should check for the low beam that would be great
Old 06-28-19, 07:18 PM
tlk2megoos
Driver

Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaa
I am having the same issue with my 08 ls460 if anyone knows the exact relay I should check for the low beam that would be great
The relay is integrated into the fuse box. You check power to the HP-LL R and HP-LL L fuses. No power to either even after switching/replacing fuses confirms it.

Click here for the definitive thread and see post #19 for the part number and fix.

Last edited by tlk2megoos; 06-29-19 at 06:05 AM. Reason: Added links
Old 06-30-19, 06:02 AM
1Putt
Advanced

The relay is integrated into the fuse box. You check power to the HP-LL R and HP-LL L fuses. No power to either even after switching/replacing fuses confirms it.

Click here for the definitive thread and see post #19 for the part number and fix.

the relay integrated into the fuse box is what I had to change
Old 06-30-19, 07:34 PM
aaaaaaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

the relay integrated into the fuse box is what I had to change
What relay is that? I replaced the bulb, ballast and h - lp fuses still no low beam do I have to replace the fuse box or just that relay
Old 06-30-19, 09:43 PM
tlk2megoos
Driver

Originally Posted by aaaaaaaaaa
What relay is that? I replaced the bulb, ballast and h - lp fuses still no low beam do I have to replace the fuse box or just that relay
I quite literally spoonfed you the answer. Click on my link, see post #19 with the part number and what it looks like both in and out of the engine bay.
Old 07-01-19, 09:40 AM
aaaaaaaaaa
Driver School Candidate

I quite literally spoonfed you the answer. Click on my link, see post #19 with the part number and what it looks like both in and out of the engine bay.
Alright thanks
Old 11-05-19, 06:18 AM
LS460Ldriv
Driver School Candidate

Noticed my passenger side HID low beam went out about a week ago... 2008 ls460, out of warranty

1 - changed HID bulb, still out
2 - checked applicable fuses in fuse box in engine compartment, all seems fine
3 - changed to new ballast, still nothing

All the other lights in the headlight are operating fine, only the low beam is still out. Somehow the ballast is not receiving power

Anyone ever encounter this or heard of something ? Pretty much ready to turn it over to my indy mechanic or the dealer if necessary
I am currently working on having all NEW LEDs, went through 3 ballasts on both sides... note it’s only my passenger side out... just wanted to test if they were working so I’m constantly swapping. All good parts just no energy... I just ordered this: NUMBER: 82720-50081
that’s the engine relay and should be the last thing I fix.. got it for $140 with shipping and tax from eBay.

I will I’ll let you all know if it fixes my low beam. All other lights work fine. I have a 2007 LS460L.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Headlight low beam issue