LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

New owner 2011 LS 460

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-13, 04:19 PM
Devh
Racer

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by hjones4841
Got the car late yesterday and am all smiles. I now understand why there are so many Lexus fans.

Now if I can only remember what controls do what! No owner's manual - dealer has one on order for me.
I have almost read the entire manual. It has taken me two weeks to get though the big book.
I just need to go though the navigation and phone connection and I'm done.

Please let me know if you need any help with anything. As complex as the car appears to be with all of it's electronics its quiet basic and to the point. Just about every feature is usable and well thought out.
I really like the fact that you can set your own maintenance reminders based on millage and date. BMW I drive has nothing on this cars simplicity.
Old 12-06-13, 06:17 PM
Chaos236
Intermediate

Received 37 Likes on 29 Posts

Toward the end of ownership of my second 5 Series I'd ask the service writer if there were any houses for sale with in walking distance of the dealership. Because I was there so much.
Old 12-06-13, 06:43 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by Chaos236
Toward the end of ownership of my second 5 Series I'd ask the service writer if there were any houses for sale with in walking distance of the dealership. Because I was there so much.
You would think with most products troubles start after the warranty expires but not with a BMW. Day one and you find its leaking something and there is a TSB which effects millions of cars. All of the engineers should be fired and the marketing guys promoted.

Now that I'm on this LS section of the forum going though past posts all I read is some people screaming bloody murder for things that BMW and Merc owners call minor quirks.
Old 01-23-14, 05:22 PM
khughes703
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2011 ls460 sport rear wheel drive with the bramble brakes and twice the vehicle had a strong vibration around 65 mph anyone on the forum with a similar issue
Old 01-23-14, 05:42 PM
nightofday
Driver School Candidate

Have the same issue as above,intermittent shaking at highway speeds. Thinking is the driveshaft, as you can feel the vibration in the seats, not just the steering wheel. I noticed a bunch of people on here complaining about driveline vibrations and nothing seems to help except for the few people that had the driveshaft replaced.
Old 01-23-14, 07:32 PM
Devh
Racer

Originally Posted by khughes703
I have a 2011 ls460 sport rear wheel drive with the bramble brakes and twice the vehicle had a strong vibration around 65 mph anyone on the forum with a similar issue
Vibrations could be attributed to many things. If it is present at a certain speed it's probable that it could be a tire wheel issue. You are still under warranty so I would take it in for servicing and let them deal with it. Just make sure you come back and let everyone know what it is.
Old 01-23-14, 08:02 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Congratulations on your LS . I've had mine for 12 months and it just gets better and better . You'll forget about your BMW in no time . Just make sure you change the little panels beside the wing mirrors to the 2013 finned variety and you'll be much better off without the wind noise which is the only real problem with the first 460 s .
Old 01-23-14, 08:04 PM
LordBowral
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Congratulations on your LS . I've had mine for 12 months and it just gets better and better . You'll forget about your BMW in no time . Just make sure you change the little panels beside the wing mirrors to the 2013 finned variety and you'll be much better off without the wind noise which is the only real problem with the first 460 s .
Old 01-23-14, 08:10 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Devh
Vibrations could be attributed to many things. If it is present at a certain speed it's probable that it could be a tire wheel issue. You are still under warranty so I would take it in for servicing and let them deal with it. Just make sure you come back and let everyone know what it is.
Agreed. Also check the balance of all four tires if all checks out and you still have vibrations they will need to be road forced.
Old 01-24-14, 08:11 AM
Valley101
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 2011 ls 460

Until you get your owner's manual you can download it online and spend the next couple of days reading it.
Old 01-24-14, 01:02 PM
hjones4841
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Valley101
Until you get your owner's manual you can download it online and spend the next couple of days reading it.
The spend two days after that reading the navigation manual.
Old 01-24-14, 01:10 PM
korlexus
Driver

[QUOTE=Devh;8262077]

I also stayed away from the air bag suspension because a few cars I looked at had the front struts replaced prematurely. Also I really could not tell the difference between the two suspension systems so it wasn't a deal breaker and I probably saved more unnecessary weight in the process.

I agree to stay away from the air bag suspension.
It is very nice and smooth but in case if it goes wrong later, it's going to hurt my pocket.
Old 01-24-14, 01:43 PM
Devh
Racer

[QUOTE=korlexus;8345907]

I also stayed away from the air bag suspension because a few cars I looked at had the front struts replaced prematurely. Also I really could not tell the difference between the two suspension systems so it wasn't a deal breaker and I probably saved more unnecessary weight in the process.

I agree to stay away from the air bag suspension.
It is very nice and smooth but in case if it goes wrong later, it's going to hurt my pocket.
And your rear end when you turn up to the dealership. One thing I like about the regular suspension is that I the owner can replace them myself at minimum cost. It's possible that by that time I will either will be driving an electric car or fitting gun turrets on the hood.
Old 01-24-14, 03:57 PM
korlexus
Driver

[QUOTE=Devh;8345978]
Originally Posted by korlexus

And your rear end when you turn up to the dealership. One thing I like about the regular suspension is that I the owner can replace them myself at minimum cost. It's possible that by that time I will either will be driving an electric car or fitting gun turrets on the hood.
And plus you can modify the suspension whatever you want (springs, coilovers and etc.).
Old 01-24-14, 04:08 PM
Devh
Racer

[QUOTE=korlexus;8346216]

And plus you can modify the suspension whatever you want (springs, coilovers and etc.).
True however there are no good springs or coil over systems available for this car.
No trd sportivo option. It would be nice if Bilstein made a replacement cartridge.

Quick Reply: New owner 2011 LS 460