LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Two buttons that most LS owners might not know about

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-12, 07:03 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusondubs
what ?? can we get some pics of this ??
here is the picture..

Old 12-16-12, 09:48 AM
RandyV
Advanced

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

OK so what does it do?
Old 12-16-12, 10:47 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by RandyV
OK so what does it do?
It monitors eye movement..if driver looks away or closes eyes for too long alerts go off..part of advanced PCS package
Old 12-16-12, 05:59 PM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
It monitors eye movement..if driver looks away or closes eyes for too long alerts go off..part of advanced PCS package
Actually, either you or someone else posted its exact function, here on this forum. I had asked as to what it does and someone replied. It is a part of the pre colision system. I don't think it alerts the driver, if his eyes are not on the road or if he is sleeping..
Old 01-01-13, 04:29 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Rusted steering column ?? Does other have this...and how has it become like that ??

My local mechanic saw it also on my car when he mounted the laser jammers wiring..and said he had never seen anything like it....ist it a leak that has caused it ??
Regards
Arvid
Norway
Old 01-01-13, 06:30 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by lexus600hl
. I don't think it alerts the driver, if his eyes are not on the road or if he is sleeping..
Im about 110% sure those sensors mounted on top of the steering column do exactly that...again..part if the ADVNCED PCS system..find an empty and straight road..have a passenger steer as you look down or close eyes..probably not the safest way to test and do at your own risk...but as a little kid..my dad taught me how to keep the car steady this way before I got behind wheel lol

...and you should really get to know Google..I found this in 5 seconds...http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_Monitoring_System
Old 01-01-13, 06:34 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Arvid
Rusted steering column ?? Does other have this...and how has it become like that ??

My local mechanic saw it also on my car when he mounted the laser jammers wiring..and said he had never seen anything like it....ist it a leak that has caused it ??
Regards
Arvid
Norway
Previously flooded car and they missed a spot during cover up repair?
Old 01-01-13, 03:53 PM
DCexige
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know if they brought back the TPMS two memory settings in 2013 Ls for switching between winter and summer tires? That would save time and money and just make sense.
Old 01-02-13, 07:29 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Im about 110% sure those sensors mounted on top of the steering column do exactly that...again..part if the ADVNCED PCS system..find an empty and straight road..have a passenger steer as you look down or close eyes..probably not the safest way to test and do at your own risk...but as a little kid..my dad taught me how to keep the car steady this way before I got behind wheel lol

...and you should really get to know Google..I found this in 5 seconds...http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driver_Monitoring_System
To clarify.. It is a part of the PCS system. It does not alert the driver, if his eyes are not on the road or if he is sleeping.. - except when pcs system decides that collision is imminent. Yes, I did try to make it go off, closing eyes, while passenger was steering and it does not.. It is not meant to do so..
Old 01-02-13, 07:34 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Previously flooded car and they missed a spot during cover up repair?
No, I am 100% sure that both my cars were not flooded but the rust appeared in both of them.

A flooded car would have rust in the joint also and it would be around the plate (left side rust in picture).

The commonality for both the cars was the steam cleaner at the same lexus dealership. It was only surface rust and both the cars are perfect now, after cleaning up and applying wd 40.

So, Arvid, is it possible that you had your car steam cleaned? You can take fine sand paper, clean it up and apply oil. It did take a bit of work - probably and hour or more.... fortunately, I had someone else do the cleaning..
Old 01-02-13, 09:02 AM
Arvid
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Thank You lexus600hl,
for the possible solution that it has been steamed cleaned sometime in it's earlier life...will do the touch up as You described...Thanks again...
Old 12-22-13, 09:48 AM
gregheine
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Pcs & tpms

Originally Posted by lexus600hl
two buttons that probably most ls owners don't know about (i have owned one 2007 ls 460l and three ls 600hls and i have never heard of these two buttons)....

1. Pcs on/off.
2. There tpms button right next to the preceding button.

These two buttons are just above the accelerator pedal. If you lean into the well, you will see them side by side.
please tell us what these two buttons do.
Old 12-22-13, 09:59 AM
lexus600hl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by gregheine

sorry.. I am not 100% sure.. but I think that one was to turn pcs on/off. The other is some kind of reset button for tpms - not sure of details..
Old 12-22-13, 02:16 PM
jmcraney

Received 254 Likes on 194 Posts

Originally Posted by gregheine

We have discussed this in other threads. Try reading these and then if you have questions we will try to answer them.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-ls-600hl.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-triangle.html
Old 12-24-13, 08:20 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by jmcraney
We have discussed this in other threads. Try reading these and then if you have questions we will try to answer them.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-ls-600hl.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-triangle.html
Add this info to the sticky under 'PCS Issues' thanks.

Quick Reply: Two buttons that most LS owners might not know about