LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-13, 06:35 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Milon
I've searched and searched and I apologize if I missed this somewhere but is there information posted on how to install the dayasystem controller? I have heard that it is very simple but I wanted a little detail... Honestly, all I really need to know is where the factory air suspension ecu is located and I should be able to do the install from there... I just do not want to remove unnecessary interior pieces when installing the controller so I am asking for advice from all of you who have already done the install...

The LS460L is new to me and I can't wait to start modifying it to my liking... Today marks 1 month of ownership and I will start putting parts on now... I would have already started but some local friends stated that I couldn't keep the car stock for a month so the air ride controller, new wheels and tires are sitting waiting for installation this weekend now that it has been a month... =)

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out here!
It's right behind the glove box. Once you get that out of the way, then it's right there.

I'll have mine for sale from prestigious society (with instructions and pics) soon if you are looking for one.
Old 03-27-13, 07:49 AM
Milon
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jayhoang
It's right behind the glove box. Once you get that out of the way, then it's right there.

I'll have mine for sale from prestigious society (with instructions and pics) soon if you are looking for one.
Thank you sir! I will remove the glove box and go from there...

I do appreciate the offer but sadly I already have the controller that I bought new still all wrapped up waiting to be installed as I did not see one for sale when I was looking to buy one... I knew if I took it out of the box then I would have installed it and then the car would not have been stock for a month (as my friends stated I could not do)...
Old 08-14-13, 06:52 AM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by gemini1
Anyone know if this is compatible with the 2013 LS460 F-sport.

If not, anyone know where I can order for a 2013 LS 460 F-sport?
the vossen wheels video showing a 13 with this model controller seems to prove it works. maybe just different wire harness compared to 07 to 09 or 10 to 12..
Old 08-14-13, 06:55 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by broken_tsi
I was going to route it at lunch, but found that the ash tray area wasn't big enough and would need some material removed. I left it in the glove box (no cutting at all) and put everything back together with the exception of 1 bolt I missed somewhere. :-/
i am betting that one bolt is the one that is behind that small tab interior panel on the left bottom corner of passenger footwell that holds the knee airbag. I sometimes forget that one too
Old 08-15-13, 09:40 AM
broken_tsi
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
i am betting that one bolt is the one that is behind that small tab interior panel on the left bottom corner of passenger footwell that holds the knee airbag. I sometimes forget that one too
Yeah it was one of the knee airbag bolts. I don't remember which one anymore though.
Old 08-21-13, 03:11 PM
extremecre
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, I am debating between the LS460L and the LS600HL. Being that all the 600s are awd, will using this module affect how low I can go? I want to be able to slam it when I park so is this going to be a problem? Bottom line is can you lower an awd LS as low as a rwd?
Old 08-21-13, 03:37 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by extremecre
Hi, I am debating between the LS460L and the LS600HL. Being that all the 600s are awd, will using this module affect how low I can go? I want to be able to slam it when I park so is this going to be a problem? Bottom line is can you lower an awd LS as low as a rwd?
Gotta read all the posts in this thread..this was discussed earlier in this thread..short answer is no you cannot go as low up front as rwd setup

Originally Posted by CJITTY
If you care to share your memory settings, post them up here:

For my 2008 LS600hL, here are my settings:

M1) 1F, 0R
M2) 2F, 1R * I typically daily drive at this setting. It looks similar to how a non air equipped 460 looks without a drop, which isn't bad at all.
M3) 3F, 2R
M4) 4F, 3R
M5) 8F, 6R (since I have AWD, this is about as low as I can go and still look even..the back will drop more than front if i go lower)
Sent via Club Lexus Mobile App
Old 08-21-13, 07:11 PM
extremecre
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply. Yea from not owning or messing with one of these modules, those numbers are jibberish to me. Plus it didn't clearly state whether or not you can slam it to the ground. I was talking about dumped. Well you did clarified it for me. Thanks.
Old 08-21-13, 08:41 PM
CJITTY

Thanks for the reply. Yea from not owning or messing with one of these modules, those numbers are jibberish to me. Plus it didn't clearly state whether or not you can slam it to the ground. I was talking about dumped. Well you did clarified it for me. Thanks.
If you want true dumped look..you need aftermarket air..which is 10x more than the $700 controller (for nice setup)..for me, I am happy with just not having fender gap on my 600 with the controller

DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread-forumrunner_20130821_234124.png

Old 08-22-13, 12:37 AM
extremecre
Driver School Candidate

So is the DataSystem different from the Prestigious Society Air Suspension Controller? Because I have a buddy that has this on his 07' LS460L and he can dump it to the ground. RWD btw.
Old 08-22-13, 07:25 AM
CJITTY

So is the DataSystem different from the Prestigious Society Air Suspension Controller? Because I have a buddy that has this on his 07' LS460L and he can dump it to the ground. RWD btw.
Prestigious Society rebrands and charges about $400 more. PS puts their logo on it and theirs comes with english instructions with photos. Not knocking. .they are just reselling the device and provide customer service. Many of us have a version of English instructions with photos that are readily available by many folks on here. The controller is only made by DATA SYSTEMS and available for $750 to $850 new via japan based ebay vendors for the ASC680L module. Mine arrived in less than 4 days via that route.

As I mentioned previously. .AWD models cannot go as low in the front as rwd models due to front end drivetrain/suspension design. But with rwd..you cannot lay frame like aftermarket air. It goes down very low..but not super dumped like an aftermarket system. Most go aftermarket for immediate drop/raise and to go even lower. Many like the controller to just reduce wheel gap like me and its good enough. If you look at the wheel/tire info thread (link in my sig) you will see the various examples

Last edited by CJITTY; 08-22-13 at 07:56 AM.
Old 08-22-13, 08:20 AM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Just to add to what CJITTY has been saying... I am one of many that have went from using the PS controller to aftermarket air. The difference is night and day and as CJITTY said - it's all preference. I personally wanted to go lower and I wanted to do be able to do it faster. Waiting several minutes for full up and full down was paintful.

Here's a comparison pic of my car on both the controller and aftermarket air:

This is super L mode on the controller on stock 18's. Didn't even tuck the stock wheels. It was definitely low, but not low enough for me.

This is on aftermarket UAS + accuair on 21's. Tucks the front and just barely tucks the rear. If I was on 18's, the car would be on the ground.
Old 10-29-13, 08:09 PM
BLKDOUT430
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Anyone ever experience the controller not doing anything after selecting different ride heights? I was having issues to where the car would raise up on the passenger side by itself… i had to put the car in height high to get it home and now its seems to be stuck in high mode..Data System Box isn't showing me any of the wheels flashing…Help

Last edited by BLKDOUT430; 10-29-13 at 08:24 PM.
Old 10-30-13, 08:30 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by BLKDOUT430
Anyone ever experience the controller not doing anything after selecting different ride heights? I was having issues to where the car would raise up on the passenger side by itself… i had to put the car in height high to get it home and now its seems to be stuck in high mode..Data System Box isn't showing me any of the wheels flashing…Help
Something is not right at all..did you buy a new controller or used one? I would disconnect and put everything back to stock..see if it fixes the issue. It takes me less than 15 min these days to swap back and forth. It would help narrow down the issue to oem suspension ecu or the controller causing the glitch

Old 10-30-13, 12:34 PM
jayhoang
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BLKDOUT430
I had that issue many times when i was using the controller. I'm not sure what it was but the passenger side would always be higher than the driver side.
When selecting super L mode, it would go all the way down evenly so that wasn't an issue, but when selecting any other height (drivable height), I'd get the same problem.

I tried multiple things like disconnecting and connecting like CJITTY recommended. I set the front to be lower than the back by 1 setting. I did the reverse of that as well. I checked the sensors on each corner and they were all set properly and no matter what I did, neither side was even.

Even the on screen that shows you the heights of each corner showed as uneven, but it didn't try to fix it... Sorry that might not be much help, but thought my input might help put you at some ease knowing it happened to me too...

Quick Reply: DataSystems Air Suspension Controller info thread