LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Just Sold My LS460 L on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-12, 09:17 AM
Enigma869
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Sold My LS460 L on eBay

I really wasn't driving it at all, so thought it was time to find her a good home. This car is simply AMAZING, but too nice for me as an every day driver. I'll miss this car. The Executive Seating Package is a RIDICULOUS (in a good way) option. At least I now have owning this car out of my system, and I feel like a got a great price for it (see link below). Maybe now, some mileage will get racked up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=300722249238

John
Old 06-11-12, 10:48 AM
aazz
Driver School Candidate

OMG
you got a very good price for 2007 !!!

good for you , start looking for 2010
Old 06-11-12, 11:27 AM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

Nice little profit you made there based on what you paid a few months ago!
Old 06-11-12, 11:44 AM
imherenow
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that is a nice package but some of the pictures looks different from others...but meh @least you sold the car.
Old 06-11-12, 12:09 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by imherenow
that is a nice package but some of the pictures looks different from others...but meh @least you sold the car.
yes i noticed that too...............especially no button for rear passenger windows shades?
Old 06-11-12, 01:48 PM
lbintab
Lexus Test Driver

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Yeah i seen that online. good sell.
Old 06-11-12, 11:42 PM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Wow. Nice car, but someone waaayyyy overpaid for it. Congrats though!
Old 06-12-12, 12:22 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just goes to show how much these cars are marked up on dealer lots. insane
Old 06-12-12, 06:52 AM
Nat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Lets hope that "that someone who overpaid for this is not on CL", reading this.
Old 06-12-12, 09:16 AM
Enigma869
Driver

Originally Posted by Nat
Lets hope that "that someone who overpaid for this is not on CL", reading this.
Not really much of a concern for me, at all. I've been a Sales Manager for most of my career and am acutely aware of the fact that something is only worth exactly what one other person is willing to pay for it.

I think the other point here is that everyone is rendering an opinion on what a 2007 LS 460 L with the executive seating package should sell for, when the reality is that this particular car simply doesn't exist (check every website under the sun). Obviously, a hard to find vehicle should sell for much closer to "book value" (and the sale price was still below that) than a run of the mill 2008 Honda Accord (which a buyer has endless thousands to choose from). In my opinion, it's very difficult to put a value on something that is impossible to find. I'm obviously happy with the price, but truth be told, I probably wouldn't have sold the car for much less than that. I wasn't desperate to sell the car. I just felt badly that I never really drove such a superb vehicle.

John
Old 06-12-12, 09:41 AM
jre002
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Enigma869
Not really much of a concern for me, at all. I've been a Sales Manager for most of my career and am acutely aware of the fact that something is only worth exactly what one other person is willing to pay for it.

I think the other point here is that everyone is rendering an opinion on what a 2007 LS 460 L with the executive seating package should sell for, when the reality is that this particular car simply doesn't exist (check every website under the sun). Obviously, a hard to find vehicle should sell for much closer to "book value" (and the sale price was still below that) than a run of the mill 2008 Honda Accord (which a buyer has endless thousands to choose from). In my opinion, it's very difficult to put a value on something that is impossible to find. I'm obviously happy with the price, but truth be told, I probably wouldn't have sold the car for much less than that. I wasn't desperate to sell the car. I just felt badly that I never really drove such a superb vehicle.

John
Nobody put a gun to their head to buy it, so I agree with you. I still think they overpaid, but hey, they're happy, you're happy... who cares?
Old 06-12-12, 09:45 AM
stas2007
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

To many people , paying extra 5k is a lot more cost effective than spending next 6 months trying to find one thats a "good deal", i remember all the time I wasted when searching for a white on black long wheelbase-it was not fun at all.
Old 06-12-12, 02:04 PM
FLDJM
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like a good deal, only thing about the executive seats is who are they for? Your kids? Your friends when you drive them around or you and you are driven?
Old 06-12-12, 02:25 PM
Enigma869
Driver

Originally Posted by FLDJM
Sounds like a good deal, only thing about the executive seats is who are they for? Your kids? Your friends when you drive them around or you and you are driven?
I guess it's for whomever is sitting in the back seat. I personally thought it was a bad *** option, as the LS is the only luxury car that this exists on. Ultimately, regardless of who it is really for, it makes the car very unique and separates it from the crowd. If I'm not mistaken, it was nearly a $15K option when the car was new. I understand what many are saying about the price, but again, how does one really know what market value is on a car like this, when there probably aren't 30 of them a year that are sold across the nation? I've always been a bit of a car junkie (have owned more than 100 of them in my life), so my rule is to always get the nicest car, for the lowest price, and with the most options. Following that strategy has almost always allowed me to make a profit on every car that I've ever sold in my life.

John
Old 06-12-12, 09:21 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Anything is worth whatever someone will pay for it. That is a nice LS. I just have the cooled/recline seats in my LS460 and people that ride in it prefer to sit in the back.

Quick Reply: Just Sold My LS460 L on eBay