LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-12, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport debut

Lexus debut the new 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL tonight in San Francisco.

Here's our official thread in car chat.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/car...hl-thread.html
Old 07-30-12, 11:23 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks pretty good for another refresh of the 4LS, i'm sure it will sell well, I am really digging that F-Sport interior, just worried the GS sales will be eaten up by this and the new ES. I believe Lexus will regain to maybe #1 or #2 in sales at least next year with this new lineup and updated RX line.
Old 07-30-12, 11:26 PM
modernx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by modernx; 07-30-12 at 11:36 PM.
Old 07-30-12, 11:30 PM
m1k3yg
Lead Lap

i can't be the only one that sees the interior of the 2013 gs when i look at this, whatever happened with the tmg ls instead of the f sport?
Old 07-30-12, 11:32 PM
Rash
hmm

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Love everything about it! the thing is.. how many years till the 5th gen? or is this considered 5th gen?
Old 07-30-12, 11:41 PM
SDkath
Driver School Candidate

Wow, the F Sport looks incredible in the video you posted above. Of course, the video itself was as wordy as the "reveal" tonight, but those last 10-15 seconds made it all worth while.

Great pix of the interior too. What is that bronze looking leather called and is it an F Sport exclusive??

Kath
Old 07-30-12, 11:51 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

^^^ This is a much better color combo, love the interior.

I have to see the real car to confirm, but somehow I think they fix the weak offset for their wheels! But I think I like the standard 19' better than the F sport one.

Also, do they offer different stitches color on the F sport? I don't really like white stitches on black leather.
Old 07-30-12, 11:51 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Anyone notice the shifter is the similar shape as the 98-02 LX470's?

Wish they offer touch controls like the Avalon's.

Also, the buttom wood on the steering wheel looks a bit too much, I guess it will take some time to get used to.
Old 07-31-12, 12:19 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

1. I actually prefer the look of the regular LS rather than the F-sport. There's a nice inner "cut" to both sides of the slats of the regular grille, where as the F-sport has just a big wide mesh and looks off somehow. I also like the lighted 'stache line below the foglights of the regular LS that for some reason they didn't put in the F-sport.

2. Interior gets a big ol' 'meh' from me. It's nice but not in a way that makes me go "woooh rich-a$$ moneybags interior!" which should be the message conveyed in a luxury flagship sedan interior.

3. F-sport wheels too busy. It looks like a version of the wheels on my car but waaay too many spokes. And too small for this barge of a car. Offsets as usual way too deep in.

4. Don't like the massive center steering wheel spoke. Looks like it was originally designed as a flat-bottom steering wheel but later chickened out and rounded it off.

5. I wish to bang the bajeesus out of that cute blonde chick in the MT video who looked like she was bored to the point of suicide with baldy's ramblings about the car's features. All that incessant nodding didn't fool nobody either.

6. Great job with the rear end design. At first glance I thought it was too similar to the GS rear but with closer look it really gives a great look to the rump.
Old 07-31-12, 12:36 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

looking at the interior design more, i can't help but think it somewhat looks pretty similar to the 4gs design. thinking back on the previous few generations, ls and gs always had quite different interior styling and layout, where imho the ls was always more elegant and classy. in this refresh, i have to see in person to look at the details / quality / finish, but styling wise it looks much closer to that of the gs

seems to me lexus is trying to unite their design language even more. front spindle grilles, and now interior layout
Old 07-31-12, 12:39 AM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by blacksc400
Horrible event, just horrible for the LS! The interior is about the same as I imaged, and only 6 hp bump. I still wouldn't call this 5LS, 4.5 it is. Only thing I really love is the huge screen, but overall spec let me go : "what?" Just nothing breathtaking. I guess I will still stick with my 7 for a while.
3000 new parts is a pretty serious upgrade, I don't think I have ever seen a car get a 3000 part upgrade. Lexus will evolved other parts of this car as time goes by, eventually major chassis components will be evolved. Right now, Lexus has done upgrades to steering components, shock absorbers etc.

This thing will be much more fun to drive than the current floaty model. Also, aside from the hybrid edition, the F-Sport LS460 will now become the "flagship" part of the LS trim line.

Eventually there will be new engines for the LS. I am not a 100 percent on my next comment but I have heard something along the lines of a smaller displacement V8 with start-stop, cyclinder-deactivation mated with the 8 speed. Not sure if it will be turbo.
From my source, the new V8 will be the same V8 from the new LandCruiser-LX-Tundra (no Sequoia) as Sequoia will become a trim line of the Land Cruiser which will become larger. The V8's will have nothing to do with the 5.7 but will be all new. The goal will be to make the next gen car-truck V8s seamless in design.
This is for 2015.

So look at it like this: IS/GS will be related, LS/LX/LC will be somewhat related (think S-class/GL class) and Tundra will simply have access to the V8 like it does now with the 4.6 V8 design.

I can't wait to see what the future is for the LS. I really like the overall upgrade although they could of changed up the door panels a bit.
Old 07-31-12, 12:47 AM
Luxofreak
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

When the current LS-460 was launched in December of 2006, one dollar bought 151 yens or so. Today, the dollar buys only 78 yens. How much this new refreshed LS will cost in US?
Old 07-31-12, 01:51 AM
VegasIS300
Pole Position

Found some pics...I like how there's the F Sport logo stitched into the headrest, and the seat controls look like they are trimmed with brushed aluminum.

Wheels look nice too!
Old 07-31-12, 03:00 AM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
I don't know why the blonde is in that video or who she is, but it makes the video worth watching for sure.
That's Jessi Lang!!
Old 07-31-12, 03:11 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Interior really shows this is only big refresh. You can still make out pillar design at center stack.

Kill me for saying this but GS interior is a lot more contemporary and flows better. 13 LS interior is a mix and match of GS and old LS bits.

Exterior redesign is spot on. Love the back, love the front either luxury or F-Sport and I adore LED headlight setup! The best implementation of predator grill as well. Now put it all on GS

600h might as well be scrapped since they didn't bother to tweak anything and that's how you loose advantage to competition. Shame really. Maybe just maybe at Paris we will see LS350 or LS450h.

Anyway I am glad Lexus went full head on with predator grill and did it properly and not half way as on GS. This is a good sign for upcoming new models and MMCs.

Quick Reply: Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread