LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-12, 09:33 PM
blacksc400
Car Chat Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Horrible event, just horrible for the LS! The interior is about the same as I imaged, and only 6 hp bump. I still wouldn't call this 5LS, 4.5 it is. Only thing I really love is the huge screen, but overall spec let me go : "what?" Just nothing breathtaking. I guess I will still stick with my 7 for a while.
Old 07-30-12, 09:37 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
Senior Moderator

Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts

To answer the question asked many times here Lexus says...
The new LS is what Lexus deems "a significantly redesigned version of the current fourth-generation LS."

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...#ixzz22AhjFhqJ
Old 07-30-12, 09:37 PM
Toys4RJill
Lexus Fanatic

Received 69 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
I don't see the touchscreen you were mentioning
I was informed on a number of things a few weeks ago that were guaranteed such as:

HP change (I found out 386hp late last week, but was not told the AWD hp.

Also, eco-sport-sport plus and normal model for sure and chassis modifications for sure although mild.

The other things were mentioned but I could not get confirmation.
Old 07-30-12, 09:45 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lexus blew the feel and execution of the reveal, but let's look at what matters: the car.

We knew what the exterior looked like before so no surprises there. At first I was taken back by how simple the interior is...could it be too simple? This will be one where you have to sit in the car in person to appreciate it, but I think the new cockpit is a very welcome change. While the current LS is elegant, I have heard more than a few people say that the plethora of buttons and plastic are not quite up to par with competitors. I am surprised by how "bare-basics" Lexus has gone with this interior, but I love it. This is the same look and feel as the GS with a more mature appeal.

Not to offend anyone, but I tend to think that cashmere/tan is one of the worst interior colors that you can get so I have been trying to envision this interior in black or the new brown color. I did find a pic of the brown here and I think it looks very nice...similar to sepia in the GX. The F Sport interior is absolutely kick ***. They need to have an option like this for the GS. The metal on metal look is much better than striated aluminum.

My only complaint is with the (IMO) overuse of aluminum framing on the interior. The curves and character lines should have been cut down a bit. A simple frame of the wood insert would have been classy and simple enough.

I am very happy with these changes and love the F Sport. To me, that would be the LS to buy. Great job by Lexus here
Old 07-30-12, 09:46 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Lol that's such a stupid picture ^^^^^
Old 07-30-12, 09:48 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default True

Originally Posted by CACressida
Well, judging by themost idiotic looks in this pic, I can definitely see the real customers of high end luxury sedans flee away from the LS. Who wants to be associated with slim and hip hitler with his boy toy Justin Boober?
Hip Hitler and Justin Boober... ha ha.

I guess only time will tell if this marketing campaign is a winner or a killer. I'm afraid it might be a killer, it's just not what the LS was meant to be.
Old 07-30-12, 09:53 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very corny pictures. With those stupid fake looking people especially. Hopefully it drives like the GS F-Sport does, that should wash away the lame presentation video and pictures.
Old 07-30-12, 09:59 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

Whoever produced and directed this 'worldwide premiere' will likely get re-located or simply fired.
Old 07-30-12, 10:05 PM
Arcadian
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Horribly amateurish 'event' tonight, really damaged Lexus reputation. I work in PR and considering the resources this company has, this is truly a pathetic effort. This needs to be absolutely top-level, don't they understand who their competition is or who their clients are? The F-Sport in particular is a car Akio Toyoda himself should be introducing, this should have been an Apple-style big deal to Lexus customers.
Old 07-30-12, 10:07 PM
Arcadian
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus2000
Who's idea was it to do this artsy fartsy crap anyway? What an awful way to represent the company flagship, good grief. Comes across as so amateurish, terrible!
Agreed, and I have a Fine Arts degree! Also have a PR degree and agree 100%
Old 07-30-12, 10:21 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,053 Likes on 2,565 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
Whoever produced and directed this 'worldwide premiere' will likely get re-located or simply fired.
Whoever okay'd the presentation needs to get the boot. How does this crap even get off the discussion table? Photo shoots were done and I assume approved for public consumption, the concept was given the thumbs up somehow.

But the car, I think the interior is excellent especially, very premium and classy. Still waiting for those pics of the S-Class.
Old 07-30-12, 10:34 PM
SDkath
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MUCH more info than the reveal here. Also an excellent and informative video...

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rt_first_look/
Old 07-30-12, 10:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

those black and white pictures are quite weird.

overall the interior is ok, matching up with the new lexus lineup. but then again overall it's just the same car / generation imho. but good thing is the grill is now in line with the rest of lexus, and also interior is quite fresh

looking forward to seeing the car in show room. in a way, interesting to see how the new s class is going to be. if it's also more of a massage like the ls, then the fight is on
Old 07-30-12, 10:43 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン
Forum Moderator

Received 444 Likes on 366 Posts

The interior looks good! I like the front end a little bit more than when I originally saw it too.

It's cool and all but I would probably go with a 7 series BMW or S-class Benz.
Old 07-30-12, 10:48 PM
LeX2K
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3,053 Likes on 2,565 Posts

I don't know why the blonde is in that video or who she is, but it makes the video worth watching for sure.

Quick Reply: Official 2013 Lexus LS460/460L/600hL & F-Sport thread