ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017-178/)
-   -   Where is your volume level set at? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-4th-gen-2007-2017/637532-where-is-your-volume-level-set-at.html)

ekim 05-29-12 08:19 PM

Where is your volume level set at?

Just wondering where everyone keeps there volume set at with or without ML system. Please specify if you have any aftermarket audio such as subs or speakers.

I have the ML system and I usually bump it at 40. I also have 2 JL audio W3V3 10in. With a 600/1 JL amp and it BUMPS! BUMPS! BUMPS!

brianlin87 05-29-12 08:41 PM

wow, 40? i think even when I do add some speakers to this car, I won't ever be listening to my music that loud. any pics of your trunk?

ekim 05-29-12 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by brianlin87 (Post 7264386)
wow, 40? i think even when I do add some speakers to this car, I won't ever be listening to my music that loud. any pics of your trunk?

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...0nic17/jl2.jpg

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/...0nic17/jl1.jpg

sorry for the crappy Iphone pictures...but nothing special.. just in a sealed box.

ekim 05-29-12 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by brianlin87 (Post 7264386)

Ok... Maybe between 35-40.

jlawr 05-29-12 09:16 PM

I usually listen to mine at 20

09LS460 05-29-12 09:17 PM

I have the ML system and normally i'm mid 20's driving around town, but I noticed something the other day that I really only hear sound coming from the front.

I checked my fade settings and it is right in the middle of front/back left/right, and even if I push my sound all the way to the back the level at the back is playing at about half what the front stage is at (with DSP off, stereo mode on).

My dealer looked at it and compared it to other 2012's on the lot and claimed that I needed to play it more faded to the back to equal out the sound levels, which to me sounds like complete crap. What stereo (from a base Chevy on) isn't EQUAL when the fade setting is right at the middle setting?

cheez80 05-29-12 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by 09LS460 (Post 7264456)
I have the ML system and normally i'm mid 20's driving around town, but I noticed something the other day that I really only hear sound coming from the front.

I checked my fade settings and it is right in the middle of front/back left/right, and even if I push my sound all the way to the back the level at the back is playing at about half what the front stage is at (with DSP off, stereo mode on).

My dealer looked at it and compared it to other 2012's on the lot and claimed that I needed to play it more faded to the back to equal out the sound levels, which to me sounds like complete crap. What stereo (from a base Chevy on) isn't EQUAL when the fade setting is right at the middle setting?

the ideal soundstage in a car is when the musician sounds like she's sitting on the hood of your car -- the levinson engineers have done a pretty good job pulling the soundstage forward on this car, where it's supposed to be

also, 40? jesus. when i'm feeling hoodrich and blasting 2chainz i can't go above 35 haha

ekim 05-29-12 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by cheez80 (Post 7264475)
the ideal soundstage in a car is when the musician sounds like she's sitting on the hood of your car -- the levinson engineers have done a pretty good job pulling the soundstage forward on this car, where it's supposed to be

also, 40? jesus. when i'm feeling hoodrich and blasting 2chainz i can't go above 35 haha

EDIT- 40 when I'm BUMPING 2chainz and Wiz Khalifa LOL. But normal diving, I would say about 30. Hey, Im 26 and I like my music LOUD I guess. What can I say?!?!

cheez80 05-29-12 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by ekim (Post 7264486)
EDIT- 40 when I'm BUMPING 2chainz and Wiz Khalifa LOL. But normal diving, I would say about 30. Hey, Im 26 and I like my music LOUD I guess. What can I say?!?!

i'm 25 but i have enough hearing loss already from playing drums when i was younger hahaha

09LS460 05-29-12 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by cheez80 (Post 7264475)

I get the whole front soundstage thing, but if I'm set to stereo (not DSP) the sound should be split as shown front/back left/right settings.

This was louder for me a few weeks ago and now is almost nominal sound from the back of the car at all......what changed i have no idea.....

dealerGM 05-29-12 11:21 PM

I have the ML and i find the sound a little strange myself. There is definatly a push towards the front seats for sound.

At first i thought maybe i had blown rear speakers, the dealer verified that everything is normal.

I will say, i put a DVD in and played a movie and the sound was amazing! I think the ML sounds better playing a movie than the radio.

Anything above 49 in my car starts to sound bad.

I stay in the 38-45 range.

LXurious 05-30-12 02:09 AM

Hahaha cheez80 2 chainz? I thought I was the most gangster in the 600 I guess I have competition.
I listen to 40-45 when I use the AUX and on CD I keep it at 35-40. I've blown 2 6x9's and the factory sub while it was under warranty until I added 2 10's and lowered my bass to flat. Before it was maxed out.

09LS460 05-30-12 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by dealerGM (Post 7264659)
I have the ML and i find the sound a little strange myself. There is definatly a push towards the front seats for sound.

At first i thought maybe i had blown rear speakers, the dealer verified that everything is normal.

I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one that thinks the speaker setup is a bit strange.....I like full sound from everywhere personally. My dealer confirmed nothing was blown on mine either, but it still seems odd to me that there's almost no sound happening at the back of the car.......

I have yet to put in a DVD, but will check that out later this week.

vancouverl 05-30-12 07:20 AM

must be someting up with me mid 40 and listen to it at 50 to 55 been listening to loud music all my life love the ls still prefere the nakamatchi in the gs .i hav ls460l with ml,3 blown speakers and one amp to date all under warranty

ehaze 05-30-12 10:06 AM

jammin/bumpin

~50

system:
cache coe 6 (line converter and remote gain)
morel hybrid ovation 3 way setup (front)
morel ultimo 12 sub
zapco dc 1000.4 (fronts)
zapco dc 1100.1 (sub)