LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The LS460 Adjustable Suspension Thread (Camber kit)

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-12, 11:53 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cheez80
accurate and reliable toe alignment is my biggest want.
QFT. This should be everyone's objective for wanting an adjustable camber kit for this car. The ability to adjust camber is one thing, but if the toe is not adjustable/inaccurate, then all of us will be eating through tires faster than we already are.
Old 03-14-12, 12:44 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by brianlin87
QFT. This should be everyone's objective for wanting an adjustable camber kit for this car. The ability to adjust camber is one thing, but if the toe is not adjustable/inaccurate, then all of us will be eating through tires faster than we already are.
This is so true, if the toe is out of spec your tires are a wrap! Bad toe will eat your tires up way faster than bad camber and alignment.
Old 03-14-12, 06:05 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I have been monitoring my tire wear since I had a "real" alignment done from a speed shop that specializes in lowered cars...the inner wear after 7000 miles or so seems non existent..but then again it is not summer and I haven't been road tripping at high speeds for hundreds of miles...if this trend continues and I can get at least 20-25K miles on a staggered set..things may be ok..but, I would prefer to have a kit and really maximize the correct camber/toe angles of the tires for exceptional tire life. My Acura even drove better and quieter when I installed camber kits...I just hope this can happen very very soon.

Some news you all may be interested in. I did find a Denver member who is willing to try and get an LS460 and go by FIGS's shop for measurements and pictures to help expedite this along and I know some of us previously agreed to help out a fellow member out with some gas/spending money for his time. So my offer still stands and I will pay him with a cash gift through PayPal or something because he doesn't even own an LS..yet he is willing to go out of his way to go by the shop to help us out. So to me, it is the right thing to do..anyone else down for the cause once FIGS confirms he has what he needs?
Old 03-14-12, 06:09 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yes! count me in let us know when you do that and I will follow, it is the least we could do for someone willing to take time out to help us out....
Old 03-15-12, 07:02 AM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

Originally Posted by CJITTY
..anyone else down for the cause once FIGS confirms he has what he needs?
Sure I'm in.
Old 03-15-12, 07:16 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
..anyone else down for the cause once FIGS confirms he has what he needs?
I'm down for the cause.
Old 03-16-12, 02:06 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Im in !!!!!
Old 03-16-12, 03:14 PM
SC2GS2LS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First off, hello all, I'm totally new to the forum but have been reading up loads on all the mods and experiences you guys have had. Seems like a really great community so excited to join and contribute.

Just sealed the deal on an 08 LS 460 black/black and have been following many of the experiences w/ wheels/tires/lowering by you active members. I take delivery next week sometime (hopefully...*fingers crossed*) and will be immediately taking it to get some shoes and springs, so I'd like to jump in while the water is warm here for this camber kit. Count me in as well to purchase one of these once available.

My question right now is, if this is near a finished product, should I not bother buying the OEM control arms that CJITTY documents in his Tanabe spring post for lowering?
Old 03-16-12, 04:35 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SC2GS2LS
First off, hello all, I'm totally new to the forum but have been reading up loads on all the mods and experiences you guys have had. Seems like a really great community so excited to join and contribute.

Just sealed the deal on an 08 LS 460 black/black and have been following many of the experiences w/ wheels/tires/lowering by you active members. I take delivery next week sometime (hopefully...*fingers crossed*) and will be immediately taking it to get some shoes and springs, so I'd like to jump in while the water is warm here for this camber kit. Count me in as well to purchase one of these once available.

My question right now is, if this is near a finished product, should I not bother buying the OEM control arms that CJITTY documents in his Tanabe spring post for lowering?
i don't think FIGS even has a car on hand to take a look at yet, so development is going to take a while
Old 03-16-12, 08:03 PM
brianlin87
Resident JDM Snob

FIGS, as you can see based on the views/responses of this thread, we are definitely anxious and excited
Old 03-17-12, 04:47 AM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by SC2GS2LS

Congrats on the pickup!! As far as the +0 Lexus camber arms, for about $140 I was able to achieve roughly 20% increase in positive camber up front. It is not a dramatic difference but every little bit helps so why not. Some cars actually call for them without lowering springs even being installed. I believe Tee's recent alignment specs on OEM springs suggests these brackets could help him be more within the positive "green zone". As people have stated, the Toe adjustment is the most vital alignment component. But..camber and toe adjustments go hand in hand. Bottom line is for under $150, just put those in at time of spring install since the strut has to come out a little in order to get the main bolt back in..it will only help..not hurt.

Even though FIGS is doing what they can, development and testing are still needed so it could still be awhile.

I reached out to a Denver member who is willing to go and bring an LS to the FIGS shop to hopefully help expedite this effort.

Stay tuned!
Old 03-22-12, 04:19 PM
CJITTY

Just want to keep this issue front and center.. how are things going FIGS?
Old 03-23-12, 08:52 PM
Jlacck
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys I'm in the Denver area. I'd like to try to help out since I am in the market for an LS 460. I was planning to do some test driving since it may be about another month or so before I make a purchase. How can I help you guys out with this project?
Old 03-23-12, 09:45 PM
Lextrician
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well we need a ls460 so that figs can do there research and build us some camber and toe kits. not sure how long they need it but if you read in the earlier thread it might state how much time is needed. or if figs chime in they can explain.
Old 03-23-12, 10:18 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Jlacck
Hey guys I'm in the Denver area. I'd like to try to help out since I am in the market for an LS 460. I was planning to do some test driving since it may be about another month or so before I make a purchase. How can I help you guys out with this project?
FIGS, this was the guy I mentioned that wanted to help. Hopefully you both can link up.

Jlacck, as I stated previously, a few of us have offered some payola for your time and gas to help us. Once FIGS chimes in that you came by their shop, I will PM you for your PayPal email..hopefully you have one. Thanks again for stepping up and we certainly appreciate you!!

FIGS..thank you as well for giving a d** about us and we look forward to your R&D updates!

Quick Reply: The LS460 Adjustable Suspension Thread (Camber kit)