LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

How to ascertain if I have these three options?

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-12, 03:58 PM
Enigma869
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to ascertain if I have these three options?

I recently purchased a 07 460 L with the executive seating package. I assumed with that package, all other options would probably be included. My understanding is that the air ride suspension was an option (I'd prefer not to have it, because that always seems to be something that fails on a vehicle and it is never cheap to repair). How do I determine whether or not my car is equipped with air ride or standard suspension?

My next question is...how do I know if it has laser cruise control?

Finally, I know the previous generation LS had a cooling box (mini fridge) in the rear. I don't see any mention of this in the ridiculous 700 page owner's manual. Is that not an option on this generation of the LS? If it is, how would I determine whether or not I have that option? I certainly have the storage box there. Just not sure that there is a cooling option.

Thank you for any and all feedback offered.

John
Old 02-16-12, 04:19 PM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

Look down at the center console, do you see a button that says (comfort, norm,sport) and height high? if so you have air ride. Laser cruise- look at your front L emblem on the grill does it look like shiny plastic or is it a L in chrome, or another way is on the right side of the steering down near the 4 o'clock position do you see a button that looks like a car with rays coming off the front of it? If you answer no to both then you dont have laser cruise, its a rare option in snow states. You probably have a cool box in the back.
Old 02-16-12, 04:23 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

look on the shift plate area, where you find the buttons for comfort / sport, you should see a height high button right next to it. the height high button means you have air suspension. if you have exec package, you have air suspension for sure

laser cruise control, i would think you have it too. look at the lexus emblem you have in the front (grille). does it have a glass cover? if so, i believe you do

i can't remember for the exec package, wonder if it's replaced with that dvd player and storage. i only remember my car (rear seat upgrades, one grade lower than yours) have the cool box in the rear
Old 02-16-12, 05:32 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Enigma869
Finally, I know the previous generation LS had a cooling box (mini fridge) in the rear. I don't see any mention of this in the ridiculous 700 page owner's manual. Is that not an option on this generation of the LS? If it is, how would I determine whether or not I have that option? I certainly have the storage box there. Just not sure that there is a cooling option.
there is a cool box underneath the center console between the two seats, pull up on the handle. it's underneath the layer that holds the remotes. to get it to actually work, there's a panel you have to slide open. i have mine closed since i never keep anything back there...
Old 02-16-12, 05:44 PM
Enigma869
Driver

Originally Posted by cheez80
there is a cool box underneath the center console between the two seats, pull up on the handle. it's underneath the layer that holds the remotes. to get it to actually work, there's a panel you have to slide open. i have mine closed since i never keep anything back there...
Thanks for the tip. I never thought that would be it. I just assumed that was back seat storage to store DVD's and other stuff. I wrongly assumed that it would be the box that was in the same location on the LS 430. Thanks to the others on the air ride suspension and laser cruise tip. I definitely have that height button. I guess that's should be a good thing, but as I said, I think it's an option I'd rather not have. I had that option on a Lincoln Navigator I owned and it didn't hold up too well. It sounds like the whole laser cruise control will take a little more effort. It's interesting to me that if my front logo appears to have a covering on it...that's a clue I have laser cruise. I'll look at it tomorrow in the daylight. Thanks again for the tips.

John
Old 02-16-12, 06:12 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the tip. I never thought that would be it. I just assumed that was back seat storage to store DVD's and other stuff. I wrongly assumed that it would be the box that was in the same location on the LS 430. Thanks to the others on the air ride suspension and laser cruise tip. I definitely have that height button. I guess that's should be a good thing, but as I said, I think it's an option I'd rather not have. I had that option on a Lincoln Navigator I owned and it didn't hold up too well. It sounds like the whole laser cruise control will take a little more effort. It's interesting to me that if my front logo appears to have a covering on it...that's a clue I have laser cruise. I'll look at it tomorrow in the daylight. Thanks again for the tips.

John
the tip about looking at your steering wheel is just as valid -- if the button that's symmetrical to the brake hold button has a car icon on it, then you have laser cruise. i never use it because it scares the crap out of me...

and i think all executive/4 seat optioned cars had 18" wheels and air suspension, but i could be wrong.
Old 02-16-12, 06:17 PM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

see this thread https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...l-to-08-a.html if your L is like the one in the last pic then you have the radar cruise.
Old 02-16-12, 08:24 PM
Enigma869
Driver

One final question...Where is the button that controls this mini fridge? I would assume that it's on the console between the two back seats. That said, I don't really see a button on that console that appears to have anything to do with cooling off my spring water
Old 02-16-12, 08:57 PM
patgilm
Lead Lap

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts

the tip about looking at your steering wheel is just as valid -- if the button that's symmetrical to the brake hold button has a car icon on it, then you have laser cruise. i never use it because it scares the crap out of me...

and i think all executive/4 seat optioned cars had 18" wheels and air suspension, but i could be wrong.
Why does the radar cruise scare the crap out you?
Old 02-16-12, 10:09 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

One final question...Where is the button that controls this mini fridge? I would assume that it's on the console between the two back seats. That said, I don't really see a button on that console that appears to have anything to do with cooling off my spring water
i don't think there's a control for it, other than the fact you have to slide open that little door inside the cool box, AND you have to have the rear a/c on for the system to route air that way.

Originally Posted by patgilm
Why does the radar cruise scare the crap out you?
because it doesn't follow the car in front of you rigidly -- it's tuned for comfort and smoothness, so sometimes it feels like the car gets dangerously close to what's in front of it because it doesn't want to stop abruptly. also, the system can only use 40% of full braking power, so if you're distracted (changing the radio station or something) you could possibly miss the beeping and flashing gauge cluster.

also, there's only 3 settings for distance -- the middle setting keeps you too far away, while the close setting means you're tailgating. it just doesn't work in los angeles haha

but in lexus' defense, the radar cruise is way better than that in an 2005 infiniti fx i rode in -- it actually has a wide enough spread that it can see cars in front of you when you're rounding a gentle curve. that infiniti could only see what was directly in front of you, so rounding curves (like on a highway) would be a start/stop experience
Old 02-16-12, 11:00 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I know what you mean Charles about the scary cruise control, I use to ONLY use it when the highways were completely empty, The radar cruise control in my Benz is another story though, I recently discovered that the car actually comes to a full stop and then continues on when the car in front of you starts moving again. I think they really got the system near perfection IMO. Also, like you mentioned the radar cruise can tell if a car turns into another lane or if the road is curved very fast and is always spot on. The coolest part is when for ex. I set it at 80mph and im going 60mph because of a car in front of me, once I turn into a open lane it hits the gas nice and hard LOL.
Old 02-17-12, 08:47 AM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by adamls2
I know what you mean Charles about the scary cruise control, I use to ONLY use it when the highways were completely empty, The radar cruise control in my Benz is another story though, I recently discovered that the car actually comes to a full stop and then continues on when the car in front of you starts moving again. I think they really got the system near perfection IMO. Also, like you mentioned the radar cruise can tell if a car turns into another lane or if the road is curved very fast and is always spot on. The coolest part is when for ex. I set it at 80mph and im going 60mph because of a car in front of me, once I turn into a open lane it hits the gas nice and hard LOL.
nice! what kind of mercedes do you have? i'm jealous of guys with distronic plus haha
Old 02-17-12, 02:24 PM
adamls2
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

nice! what kind of mercedes do you have? i'm jealous of guys with distronic plus haha
w216 600
Old 02-17-12, 03:41 PM
cheez80
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by adamls2
w216 600
OH **** SO JEALOUS. take me for a ride haha
Old 02-17-12, 06:14 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

OH **** SO JEALOUS. take me for a ride haha
adam is a real baller

Quick Reply: How to ascertain if I have these three options?