LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

hesitation on acceleration warranty coverage

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-11, 12:51 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by randomwalk
Anyone knows the answer to my original question? Lol
Yes...warranty will be covered. My wife's car is in the shop now with 56K miles and they are changing the heads per my service guy. I was able to duplicated the problem while driving with the tech. They just inform me that they will change out the heads and start from there to see if the problem will be resolve. I will get the car back within a week.

I know it sounds bad to change the heads but i rather have my wife's car drive normally with a brand spankin new head...LOL
Note: All works will be covered under the power train warranty.

Last edited by thomastan; 09-07-11 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-07-11, 12:56 PM
Nick2JZ
Pole Position

Originally Posted by thomastan
Yes...warranty will be covered. My wife's car is in the shop now with 56K miles and they are changing the head per my service guy. I was able to duplicated the problem while driving with the tech. They just inform me that they will change out the head and start from there to see if the problem will be resolve. I will get the car back within a week.

Good luck with the repair and please continue to keep us update.
Old 09-07-11, 01:04 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Nick2JZ
please come back and keep us update.
UPDATE: 09/06/11 ... I was lucky enough to duplicate the hesitation on acceleration problem while the technician drove with me. They will call once they find out the issue. I showed them the TSB on this issue and they look at me like i am a genius....thanks to NICK2JZ. :

UPDATE: 09/07/11 - Just got a call from my service guy. Dealer will change out the heads per my service rep. It was not the news i was looking for but hey...what needs to be change...should be change. I just got to look at the bright side and knowing the car will perform like it should. I will get the car back within a week.

I know it sounds bad to change the heads but i rather have my wife's car drive normally with a brand spankin new head...LOL

Note: All works will be covered under the power train warranty.
Old 09-07-11, 01:33 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The issue with mine is that it only happens intermittently. Sadly, everytime I bring it in, the damn problem goes away when leaving the car for them to test drive. When it happened, I didn't have time to bring it right in...
So after a 3rd time of dropping the car off, I got the same coming back to me "unable to duplicate issue". Seems like a quick easy fix for them.

oh and I get a denied of warranty service on the headlight (adjustment) because I installed the LED nike bulb...they told me it was an "aftermarket" bulb which "broke" the light..WTF...
Old 09-07-11, 01:41 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

The issue with mine is that it only happens intermittently. Sadly, everytime I bring it in, the damn problem goes away when leaving the car for them to test drive. When it happened, I didn't have time to bring it right in...
So after a 3rd time of dropping the car off, I got the same coming back to me "unable to duplicate issue". Seems like a quick easy fix for them.

oh and I get a denied of warranty service on the headlight (adjustment) because I installed the LED nike bulb...they told me it was an "aftermarket" bulb which "broke" the light..WTF...
If you want...i can mail you a copy of my invoice with this issue so you can show your dealer what they should be doing. Where do you live? I advice you to go to another dealer and have them do the work. The dealers makes money off these warranties....so they are not smart by sending you away every time. You need to put your foot down and ask to speak to the General Manager. Good luck with your issue.

PM me your address if you need a copy of my work for the hesitation issue. I should have the car back by upcoming Tuesday.
Old 09-07-11, 03:13 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by thomastan
If you want...i can mail you a copy of my invoice with this issue so you can show your dealer what they should be doing. Where do you live? I advice you to go to another dealer and have them do the work. The dealers makes money off these warranties....so they are not smart by sending you away every time. You need to put your foot down and ask to speak to the General Manager. Good luck with your issue.

PM me your address if you need a copy of my work for the hesitation issue. I should have the car back by upcoming Tuesday.
I'm in Houston, TX

Really appreciate the offer but I don't think it'll help with this dealership. I have a feeling that Sterling McCall Lexus isn't into customer service at all. I have a run in with them in the past regarding the "clunk when braking" issue. They simply flat out said " didn't hear it"...when I test drove with them, the acknowledged the "clunk" but then said that was "normal" and "we can't fix something that is normal"...duh!
I brought it to another dealership and they fixed it right away..no more "normal" clunk
The only problem is the other dealership was in Dallas, TX (4 hours drive away)...which equals 16 hours total [back and forth (drop off) and back/forth (pickup)]...but the service was superb! My next Lexus, I'll buy it from that dealership just to give them business!

anyways, I don't think presenting them with paper work from another car will help. They will just say "oh different car, diff problem"..I can hear it now...this dealership is total BS! I'm wondering if there is a way to complain to higher up in the food chain...but honestly, as big as they are, they probably don't even care.

Sterling McCall Lexus sucks!
Old 09-07-11, 03:13 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

While I was venting, I forgot to ask you

Was your problem intermittent or constant? (the hesitation).
Old 09-07-11, 08:09 PM
thomastan
Lead Lap

While I was venting, I forgot to ask you

Was your problem intermittent or constant? (the hesitation).

It was intermittent. I think you need to change your heads also.