LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

SWEET!!!! Camber Adjusted on my LS460

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-11, 09:27 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

sounds promising. What concerns me is the tire wear and the fact that the front is dropped more than the rear. Looks almost to low in front
Old 10-09-11, 05:58 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any updates with this? pictures??
Old 10-09-11, 06:40 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

I just installed my Tanabes and my camber is slightly off in the front but not nearly as bad as what the OP mentioned. My alignment took the normal amount of time and the rear is perfect..I am ordering the 4 Lexus +2mm brackets this week and that should get the car back to exact factory specs very easy. My alignment guy is guessing I am losing about 10% tire life based on the slight front camber issue until I get the brackets in
Old 10-10-11, 10:25 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

how many degrees will that +2mm correct? I'm at -3.7 in the fronts =T
Old 10-16-11, 08:16 PM
CJITTY

I had the +2mm brackets put in, it did help the alignment, but not quite enough to get the front camber into "green" on the hunter machine..on the Tanabe's, my camber for front left and right are 1.6 and 1.3...need to get to 1.0 to be in acceptable range so not bad at all and the +2mm brackets are worth adding, especially on a mild drop like the NF210. I have an entire write up on the Tanabe, +2mm brackets with alignment results posted in the LS460 forum if anyone is interested in that part of it.
Old 10-16-11, 08:18 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by GSP David
how many degrees will that +2mm correct? I'm at -3.7 in the fronts =T
wow, at 3.7, the best you would probably get is maybe low 3s..more like 3.4 or 3.5 if I had to guess based on my results dropping 2/10 or 3/10
Old 10-16-11, 08:55 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJITTY
wow, at 3.7, the best you would probably get is maybe low 3s..more like 3.4 or 3.5 if I had to guess based on my results dropping 2/10 or 3/10
Probably not worth the money for my situation lol. Back to the drawing board I suppose. Maybe I'll buy a pair and tinker with it.
Old 10-16-11, 09:22 PM
CJITTY

Probably not worth the money for my situation lol. Back to the drawing board I suppose. Maybe I'll buy a pair and tinker with it.
Hey man, I believe you are on coilovers right..have you tried bringing up the height just a touch? I think even a 1/4 or 1/8 inch would make a huge difference. I know its not cool to go higher once dropped lol, but when it comes to alignments, even the slightest adjustments can make a huge difference. Do you have an allignment shop that would have patience to keep it on the rack while you play with the height adjustment?

Basically, they get the car dialed in as best they can and then some racks have a lift built right on so you can lift it up, make the height adjustment on the coilovers and then set it back down..see what the new results are. Keep playing around with it until it gets the numbers better. Also, maybe you can raise the rear a little more than the front like the Tanabe look..your car looks so sweet on the drop but at 3.7, that look comes with a tire price for sure. Hopefully you aren't stressing the joints too much either..seems like your car is doing just fine minus tire wear.

Again, random idea playing with the height but perhaps worth a shot. Hope that makes sense.

Side note, those 82s you have for sale are still very tempting lol..I am leaning CV1 though but new CV1 prices hurt haha

Last edited by CJITTY; 10-16-11 at 09:42 PM.
Old 10-17-11, 05:18 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Hey man, I believe you are on coilovers right..have you tried bringing up the height just a touch? I think even a 1/4 or 1/8 inch would make a huge difference. I know its not cool to go higher once dropped lol, but when it comes to alignments, even the slightest adjustments can make a huge difference. Do you have an allignment shop that would have patience to keep it on the rack while you play with the height adjustment?

Basically, they get the car dialed in as best they can and then some racks have a lift built right on so you can lift it up, make the height adjustment on the coilovers and then set it back down..see what the new results are. Keep playing around with it until it gets the numbers better. Also, maybe you can raise the rear a little more than the front like the Tanabe look..your car looks so sweet on the drop but at 3.7, that look comes with a tire price for sure. Hopefully you aren't stressing the joints too much either..seems like your car is doing just fine minus tire wear.

Again, random idea playing with the height but perhaps worth a shot. Hope that makes sense.

Side note, those 82s you have for sale are still very tempting lol..I am leaning CV1 though but new CV1 prices hurt haha
I have been thinking about raising it and probably will. Theres really no point of having the car this low lol. Probably go up about 1.5 inches. Most people cant even tell.

BUY MY WHEELS! I'll give them to you for a KILLER DEAL!
Old 10-17-11, 07:16 PM
CJITTY

BUY MY WHEELS! I'll give them to you for a KILLER DEAL!
LOL, is that a single or double barrel shotgun you have in my back..dammit haha.

Yeah, raise that on up man..end the tire torture lol
Old 10-17-11, 08:54 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

LOL, is that a single or double barrel shotgun you have in my back..dammit haha.

Yeah, raise that on up man..end the tire torture lol
only YOU can save these tires! buy them or I WILL DESTROY! lol i just put two new front tires on.
Old 10-18-11, 02:11 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

DAmn David!! You already bought new tires for the front???!!! That was pretty quick. lol. Its funny that you had said that some people cant even tell that its dropped. My wife keeps saying that the fender gap with the LS is smaller than most Lexus sedans and that she also thought it wasnt worth it. I love my LS. I get compliments on the car all of the time but it doesnt have that stance that my GS did. I wonder sometimes if the cars need to be dropped at this level . These are premium luxury sedans
Old 10-18-11, 05:18 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
DAmn David!! You already bought new tires for the front???!!! That was pretty quick. lol. Its funny that you had said that some people cant even tell that its dropped. My wife keeps saying that the fender gap with the LS is smaller than most Lexus sedans and that she also thought it wasnt worth it. I love my LS. I get compliments on the car all of the time but it doesnt have that stance that my GS did. I wonder sometimes if the cars need to be dropped at this level . These are premium luxury sedans
I thought that too..but I gambled and dropped mine. the Tanabes keep the ride stock without the gap...I am extremely pleased with how the car rides now!! And it may not seem like a big gap like stock honda accords have, but trust me it does have a decent amount. Tanabe is the way to go for you in my opinion. I was never planning on dropping mine, but Tanabes deliver on their 5% ride quality difference statement. I am very particular and I feel my gamble of dropping the car paid off for me.
Old 10-18-11, 05:21 PM
GSP David
Pole Position

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
Honestly, If I were you. I would get the tanabe springs. They ride just like oem and it gives you a decent drop that doesn't jeopardize your tires. I'm in the process of getting air bags so I'll be setting them to a nice height where my tires will not wear down as fast as they do now. I got about 8k out of the last fronts lol. but i think it had to do with a bad alignment.
Old 03-02-12, 07:01 PM
CJITTY

I know this thread has been very quiet, but with all the recent camber kit talk, I was hoping the OP could share more details and pics..as well as update on new camber specs since self modding the camber..does anyone else know the OP and have any updates concerning this thread ------> https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6515229-post1.html

Quick Reply: SWEET!!!! Camber Adjusted on my LS460