LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Unlimited DVD Video playing capability for 2010 LS460

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-16, 12:57 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Elev8rXprt
I asked my service rep at the Lexus dealership but he said he couldn't provide me the information and told me to check this forum for answers...he was right. I'm ordering today.
That might be the only thing a dealer ever got right!
Old 07-11-16, 01:02 PM
7milesout
Advanced

Received 78 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb92914
Does anyone know if this voids warranty?
What warranty?

But for real though, it would void the warranty for those items it affects. Which is the controls portion of anything controlled by the touch screen. But, for example, the touch screen can change the fan motor speeds. But if the fan motor goes, this mod would not void warranty on the fan motor. Although a dealer is going to (try to) convince you that a bad control arm is not covered by the warranty due to the PS mod.

I have this in my 2010, and it is GREAT. I push the button more than occasionally.

7milesout
Old 07-11-16, 08:07 PM
Robb92914
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 7milesout
What warranty?

But for real though, it would void the warranty for those items it affects. Which is the controls portion of anything controlled by the touch screen. But, for example, the touch screen can change the fan motor speeds. But if the fan motor goes, this mod would not void warranty on the fan motor. Although a dealer is going to (try to) convince you that a bad control arm is not covered by the warranty due to the PS mod.

I have this in my 2010, and it is GREAT. I push the button more than occasionally.

7milesout
Lol they sure would. I'm going to order one. Seems easy to install and Chung over at prestigious said its completely plug and play and never had someone have an issue with warranty.
Old 07-13-16, 12:40 AM
pierreluv
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info
Old 07-14-16, 09:17 PM
My1998LS40
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is a 2013 and I have the BeatSonic module. It allows me to play DVD anytime. Pretty good module good instruction came with it too.
Old 08-29-16, 10:39 AM
Robb92914
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by My1998LS40
Mine is a 2013 and I have the BeatSonic module. It allows me to play DVD anytime. Pretty good module good instruction came with it too.
Is it the Beat-Sonic NT4618 you have?

Old 08-29-16, 11:09 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Received 292 Likes on 251 Posts

Originally Posted by Robb92914
Is it the Beat-Sonic NT4618 you have?
I am thinking of getting this system from Beatsonic. It has the DVD bypass module and the ability to mirror my iPhone.
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/if04ep.html
Old 08-29-16, 03:26 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

Originally Posted by comotiger
I am thinking of getting this system from Beatsonic. It has the DVD bypass module and the ability to mirror my iPhone.
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/if04ep.html
Wish they had one for the Android.
Old 08-29-16, 03:29 PM
roadfrog
Lexus Fanatic

Received 505 Likes on 383 Posts

I installed the PS module myself and it isn't terribly difficult. If you need any info, I think I posted a DIY. It's been two years and it works well. No issues.
Old 08-29-16, 08:25 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by roadfrog
Wish they had one for the Android.
I thought this one might work, but looks like it is not for the LS460.
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/if02ep.html

Originally Posted by roadfrog
I installed the PS module myself and it isn't terribly difficult. If you need any info, I think I posted a DIY. It's been two years and it works well. No issues.
Thanks, I will check the DIY. I have all the tools, but I don't trust myself to do a good job. If I buy it, I will probably have it installed by a car AV shop I have used before. I am pretty stoked about getting this done, and am also seriously contemplating getting a front camera. If I am already taking apart the dash to install the mirroring setup, I might as well get the camera controller installed too. The catch is the camera is right now only compatible with 2015-16 LS
http://www.beatsonicusa.com/cs5ep.html
Old 08-30-16, 07:53 AM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 312 Posts

My thoughts are that it may not void your warranty but it will provide lots of extra nails in your coffin if you ever have an accident and some ambulance chasing attorney can prove a DVD was playing when you caused that fatality. I have seen folks driving down a very busy interstate with a DVD play in the front dash. Not a good plan.

Dennis
Old 08-30-16, 09:31 AM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
My thoughts are that it may not void your warranty but it will provide lots of extra nails in your coffin if you ever have an accident and some ambulance chasing attorney can prove a DVD was playing when you caused that fatality. I have seen folks driving down a very busy interstate with a DVD play in the front dash. Not a good plan.

Dennis
Thanks for the voice of reason, Dennis. I agree with your sentiments completely. I am more intrigued about installing this and having the ability to have Nav bypass, than with actually watching a DVD while driving. BTW, the type of entertainment I was thinking of is watching birthday and vacation videos of my youngsters on our long (and frequent) drives to Iowa . On the roughly 5 hour drive, about 4 hours are on utterly empty highways. But I agree, one has to be exceedingly careful with such technologies.

Come to think of it, with Android Auto and Apple Carplay installed in many cars, people already have the ability to stream movies from their smartphones to the Nav screen without even installing the bypass. So, it is just becoming one more distraction on top of the existing ones. Perhaps, time is ripe for self-driving cars to take over
Old 08-30-16, 03:39 PM
DJWLDW
Pole Position

Received 420 Likes on 312 Posts

AC

Ya know if you have an accident and a attorney can prove you had a DVD playing or anything that is deemed distracting being streamed on that screen other than what is OEM while driving down the road your insurance company is going to say "to bad so sad not my problem" . Give them an out and they will take it in a heart beat. Just saying if you play with fire long enough you will get burnt at some point.

Dennis
Old 08-30-16, 05:45 PM
comotiger
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DJWLDW
AC

Ya know if you have an accident and a attorney can prove you had a DVD playing or anything that is deemed distracting being streamed on that screen other than what is OEM while driving down the road your insurance company is going to say "to bad so sad not my problem" . Give them an out and they will take it in a heart beat. Just saying if you play with fire long enough you will get burnt at some point.
Dennis
I don't know anything about how auto insurance liability works, so I will take your word for it. I always thought that if I were in an accident, one of the two insurance companies involved paid all the costs depending upon fault/no fault.

I think the bigger concern would be that if someone were to get hurt or worse by a distracted driver, that driver could be legally prosecuted. Of course, the prospect of going bankrupt is also terrible. But it seems like nobody cares anymore about the consequences of distracted driving. We all fiddle with the radio or Nav system when we really shouldn't be. Texting and driving is just insane. I am surprised that there are not more accidents than there are.
Old 09-10-16, 09:24 PM
Cubbylex
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

Hi all

Just checked this thread out and I just bought a 10 ls460 recently with ML system, so does it really play dvds? I thought this was just a cd player.

Hate to sound so "green", but there is so much to get to know on this wonderful car.

Thanks for any help in my confusion.

Cubby

Quick Reply: Unlimited DVD Video playing capability for 2010 LS460