LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Hesitation on Acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-11, 08:28 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Anyone has update on this issue? Mine is getting worst. The brake actuator finally came in so I'm planning to bring the car in for that and tell them to fix this issue too.
Old 06-04-11, 11:52 AM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I had a bit of an issue with this and managed to get rid of it by disconnecting the battery for an hour or so to reset the ECUs. I then drove it like I normally would and it has been find ever since, Im not sure if it was just anothers driving styly (my wifes) or it was confused, but it cleared it up nicely.
The following users liked this post:
DrQuality (08-05-21)
Old 06-04-11, 12:11 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by cmasten
I had a bit of an issue with this and managed to get rid of it by disconnecting the battery for an hour or so to reset the ECUs. I then drove it like I normally would and it has been find ever since, Im not sure if it was just anothers driving styly (my wifes) or it was confused, but it cleared it up nicely.
Thanks...what year is your car and have you had your ECU reflashed to fix this issue before?
Old 06-04-11, 02:01 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

2007 SWB, I had about a month of work done on my sound system, and during that time, the battery was replaced. I noticed that after that it was acting strange, I spoke to my SA and he mentioned that the system can get confused learning after a flash, so to just disconnect the battery for about 30-60 min and then try it again, sure enough the flash made it feel more responsive and then it stayed with that feeling, the first time it started to feel "mushy" and it got worse over time, almost on a weekly basis I was feeling it getting more and more hesitant and now its been 6 months and it has been stayed responsive. Simple to try, but maybe I just got lucky and it didnt require any hardware to fix my issue. I bring it up in the event that it may help you, if you have not tried it yet. My SA also mentioned that he has seen it take a couple of times to get it corrected, it seems that initial learning period is important and that is what sets the precedence.
DrQuality (08-05-21)
Old 06-04-11, 09:39 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Cmasten

It worked. Thanks man. Now I'm wondering if I should ask them to fix it when I bring it in for the actuator or not
DrQuality (08-05-21)
Old 06-04-11, 11:01 PM
cmasten
Lead Lap

Nice! Hopefully it stays that way, if so then it was just confused. I would still mention it in the event there is a TSB etc, but in my case, just allowing it to recreate the profile did the trick.
Old 06-06-11, 07:50 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Back to crappy again today. Same tank of gas.
Old 07-19-11, 09:19 AM
smm3
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Hello. I am an ES owner but my mom has an 07 LS 460 with 51K miles on it. She had this same hesitation upon acceleration. It was taken to the dealer and the above TSB was performed. Now it is doing the same thing again before the TSB was performed.

Have there been any other possibilities? The dealer states that since there is not a check engine light, that the car is operating normally. He also stated it could be bad gas. There have been several tanks of gas between the TSB flash and now.

Suggestions?
Old 07-20-11, 08:45 AM
VA380
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had this TSIB done on mine last year ... they said they had to recalibrate a few things. My car hasn't done it since.
DrQuality (08-05-21)
Old 07-20-11, 08:56 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I had mine done three weeks ago and can say for sure that the TSIB flash update fix the issue for me. It drives like a different car more aggressive (response) and smoother shifts to a point I don't notice it.
DrQuality (08-05-21)
Old 07-20-11, 11:37 AM
caha14
Racer

Received 74 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Tee
I had mine done three weeks ago and can say for sure that the TSIB flash update fix the issue for me. It drives like a different car more aggressive (response) and smoother shifts to a point I don't notice it.
Ditto... I was feeling very slight hesitation when I first bought it a few months ago, so slight that the shop foreman at my dealership did not even notice it. New battery went in, and all was good as the car learned my driving style. Then my wife drove it once, and the next time I got behind the wheel, the hesitation was unbearable. Starting from a stop was a pain in the neck, and passing was unreliable.

The calibration was updated a couple of weeks ago, and it does feel like a different car. FWIW, this current calibration is the fifth ever released for the LS460. Mine had the fourth, and it is a 2008 built in late 2007. The shop foreman himself was amazed at the difference the update made, since many of these updates don't always work (specifically - and most notoriously - the hesitation fix for the ES330 and RX330 back in the day).
Old 10-13-11, 11:16 AM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

okay it happened again yesterday (half tank gas) so I brought it home and parked the car...going to take it in tomorrow..hopefully the issue will still there so the dealer can see it (it's intermittent). I have it on video too (iphone). Not sure how to upload it.
Old 10-13-11, 01:05 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by randomwalk
okay it happened again yesterday (half tank gas) so I brought it home and parked the car...going to take it in tomorrow..hopefully the issue will still there so the dealer can see it (it's intermittent). I have it on video too (iphone). Not sure how to upload it.
Since you have an iPhone create a youtube acct (If you don't have one yet) then follow the pics below. Then log into your youtube acct via PC/Mac, copy the link and post it here in the thread, let me know if you have any issues.
Attached Thumbnails Hesitation on Acceleration-1.jpg   Hesitation on Acceleration-2.jpg   Hesitation on Acceleration-3.jpg   Hesitation on Acceleration-4.jpg   Hesitation on Acceleration-5.jpg  

Old 10-13-11, 07:59 PM
randomwalk
Lead Lap

Thanks Tee

Here are the vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcUIa...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78ddj...e_gdata_player

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpeIm...e_gdata_player
Old 10-13-11, 08:18 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by randomwalk
Thanks Tee
No problem.

You have proof now with the vids, my did that same thing and the latest tranny flash did wonders for my car. Def take it back in and have them diag until they identify the issue, it is more than ridiculous it is dangerous if you are making a turn from a dead stop thinking you have the proper pwr and its not there.

GL, keep us posted if you don't mind.
DrQuality (08-05-21)

Quick Reply: Hesitation on Acceleration