LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Pics! Got the new wheels on..finally

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-11, 09:21 AM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350

I just wish he'd use a better reason, more accurate reason...or none at all cause it ain't ride quality.
this is just pure bafoonery, but we all know how much you like startin' $h1t just to be heard

Last edited by CJITTY; 01-27-11 at 05:50 PM.
Old 08-11-11, 06:14 AM
leonsup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know this is an old post, but I have 2 '97 SC300 5MT's & I have been looking for wheels & stumbled across this. IMO yours looks great, classy with somewhat of a factory look. We all don't want to look like we're going to the community college down the street, if you know what I mean. I'm getting staggered 18's in silver. Discounttire has a good deal on them right know. Thanks for the info.
P.S. I just sold my GS 350, and can relate about your comments about a previous poster...
Old 08-11-11, 11:04 AM
Rykster
Pole Position

It looks good. Nice job.
Old 08-11-11, 11:08 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Updated pics with specs: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ghlight=random
Old 08-15-11, 10:14 PM
Mikey100
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Nice wheels !

Looks really nice !

Old 08-16-11, 07:36 PM
mross
Driver School Candidate

Thumbs up

Love the look, it really makes for a stunning car! I like it so much I am going to put them on my LS. Want to go staggered like you did, but I do have one question. Do the 275's in the rear rub at all?

Thanks
Old 08-16-11, 11:52 PM
Bnastyy
Lead Lap

cleann bro
Old 08-17-11, 06:48 AM
BlackBolt
Driver School Candidate

WOW! Congratulation, those 20's really look good on your car. I was torn between 20's and 21's because I thought the 20's would look too small in the wheel wells. They actually look "REALLY GOOD", enjoy. Best of all you have more side wall to protect the rims from the pot wholes.
Old 08-17-11, 08:44 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

The car looks really good in person!
Old 08-17-11, 02:40 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I just wish he'd use a better reason, more accurate reason...or none at all cause it ain't ride quality.

Originally Posted by CJITTY
this is just pure bafoonery, but we all know how much you like startin' $h1t just to be heard
Hey CJITTY, I don't remember seeing your comment when it was made.
You hurt my feelings....well, just a teeny bit.
Okay, my feelings aren't hurt but let me clarify....just for the record.

I don't like to purposely start crap. It just gets me when I hear people parrot stuff that is not accurate. Then some newby reads it and thinks it's gospel.

The ride quality between 20 and 21 is so negligible it isn't worth mentioning. Even up to 22, on a car with the suspension of the LS, I can't believe anyone would say it was so horrible it kept them from buying larger wheels.
Tire quality, brand and specs make more of a difference.
A 245-35 Bridgestone 960AS is going to ride so much nicer than the same sized Falken anything.
In my experience, there is a huge difference with a 245-40 sidewall proflie. Those ride like cushions. Once you go under that, tire quality and spec (all-season vs ZR) play a huge role.

Either way, I just speak my mind. I'm not trying to cause trouble. No one has to agree. No one has to read my comments. I think that would be silly but who am I? Just another typed words on a page. No biggie.

PS- I still think those 20's are too small.
Old 08-17-11, 04:20 PM
CJITTY

All opinions that really dont matter to anyone but the person who speaks it. Do you have an LS, or had one in the past?
Old 08-17-11, 05:25 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by mross
Love the look, it really makes for a stunning car! I like it so much I am going to put them on my LS. Want to go staggered like you did, but I do have one question. Do the 275's in the rear rub at all?

Thanks
No rubs at all..go for it
Old 08-17-11, 06:58 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by CJITTY
All opinions that really dont matter to anyone but the person who speaks it. Do you have an LS, or had one in the past?
I need an LS to understand ride comfort or tire comfort?
Now who's talking out of the side of their neck.
I tried to explain, you don't want to hear it. Cool. I'm out of this thread.

But I understand. Some people just want everyone to say their car looks good. When someone says otherwise, they get their pannies in a bunch. I have no hate in my heart. I just don't like 20's on big luxo-barges. No biggie. I'm out. Peace.
Old 08-17-11, 07:11 PM
OSU
Pole Position

Originally Posted by up4speed
That looks great! I have to say, for me, it is the nicest wheel and tire combo I have ever seen on an LS so far!! It has just the right amount of flash, not too much. It has a custom look, but still looks stock and still matches the class of the car. Even though some rims look nice, and even stunning some times, I am not crazy about the rims that people put on that would look at home on a Mustang or Camaro. This car is not a sports car, I think it's over kill when people try to make it look like one. Just my opinion of course.
LOL! R U serious? Mustang or Camaro? LMFAO!
Old 08-17-11, 07:15 PM
OSU
Pole Position

I need an LS to understand ride comfort or tire comfort?
Now who's talking out of the side of their neck.
I tried to explain, you don't want to hear it. Cool. I'm out of this thread.

But I understand. Some people just want everyone to say their car looks good. When someone says otherwise, they get their pannies in a bunch. I have no hate in my heart. I just don't like 20's on big luxo-barges. No biggie. I'm out. Peace.
I agree, the conservative rim buyers have to take the bad comments with the good. This forum is all about different taste and too many times people are ready to criticize people's cars when they have what they deem to be big rims on their car. Now this is the opposite, at the end of the day, all that matters is that you like your car and your purchase, but the rims are too small for a car of this size! Sorry, just my opinion.

Quick Reply: Pics! Got the new wheels on..finally