LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Three Week Old LS Sport Rear Ended

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-09, 08:39 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Three Week Old LS Sport Rear Ended

My three week old LS 460 Sport got rear ended this past Saturday. Bummer! Not the holiday present I was expecting. At least I hadn't spent the time washing it - I had decided to put that off for Sunday.

Here are some pictures.
Attached Thumbnails Three Week Old LS Sport Rear Ended-photo-1.jpg   Three Week Old LS Sport Rear Ended-photo-2.jpg   Three Week Old LS Sport Rear Ended-photo-3.jpg   Three Week Old LS Sport Rear Ended-photo-4.jpg   Three Week Old LS Sport Rear Ended-photo-5.jpg  

Old 12-28-09, 08:41 AM
RX469
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 39 Posts

Ouch! Hope everyone was OK in the accident. Now go get her repaired and new again.
Old 12-28-09, 08:44 AM
omarg
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

looks like she held up well! atlanta drivers suck!
Old 12-28-09, 08:47 AM
alsilverbullet
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 17 Posts

Ouch! That really sucks especially since you just got the car Anyways I am sure once you replace the bumper you will be back to being new again
Old 12-28-09, 08:54 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 186 Likes on 144 Posts

oh no... hope everything is ok...
Old 12-28-09, 10:44 AM
elsmooth
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely a bummer. As stated earlier get it fixed ASAP and get back on the road. Good luck
Old 12-28-09, 12:09 PM
redlight30
Driver

Sorry to hear this. Glad everyone was ok.

Why can't folks figure out how to drive!
Old 12-28-09, 12:20 PM
g0tham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear, I actually saw your car up at the dealer before you purchased it. Nice ride. Hope you and the other passengers are ok...I concur with "omarg", Atlanta drivers are horrible. I've lived here for 4 years now and I've seen and been in more accidents than any other city I've lived in.
Old 12-28-09, 04:12 PM
Nospinzone

Received 416 Likes on 322 Posts

Ouch, that is a real bummer, especially if you bought the car with plans on keeping it for a while.

As for the hitter -

Let's see, talking on the phone, texting ........ no wait ..... I know ....... watching a DVD!
Old 12-28-09, 05:14 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 217 Likes on 145 Posts

What a bummer ...... best of luck to your repair ......
Old 12-28-09, 06:17 PM
ghenley
Rookie

Stan,

Sorry to hear/see this. Where did it happen?

Greg
Old 12-28-09, 07:34 PM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ghenley
Stan,

Sorry to hear/see this. Where did it happen?

Greg
Greg,

I was stopped for a light on Marietta Highway right before Alpharetta Street in Roswell. Just before the Roswell Mill.

A 26 year old girl hit the gas when the light changed and went right into my rear - hit us pretty hard. I actually felt pretty bad for her as she was pretty upset. Apparrently her dog ate some chocolate (which I guess can be a major problem for a dog) and she was taking it to emergency. I decided not to call the police and just took her information - she was driving her dad's Caddy. Didn't want her to get ticketed. Getting soft in my old age. Can't let my friends from NYC find out about that - they'll kick me out of the SOB club.

My wife and I were in the car. I have some neck pain and my wife has some back pain. Haven't seen a doctor as we are waiting a few days to see if the discomfort subsides.

Had the car looked at today by the claims adjuster. He had trouble getting labor and parts info/pricing as the model is so new. I think the repairs will come to something around $2 - $2.5K.

Thanks to all for the kind words and thoughts. I only had about 900 miles on the car when we were hit.

Stan
Old 12-28-09, 09:01 PM
bruceko
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear.
Looks just like mine
Old 12-29-09, 04:00 AM
G2Lexus
Driver

I've lived in Atlanta my entire life so I don't really know but my buddies from out of town say the big difference here is how everyone tailgates on the freeway.

That sucks about your new LS. Hopefully they will get you fixed up and back on the road quickly.
Old 12-29-09, 05:33 AM
stanatl
Pole Position

Originally Posted by G2Lexus
I've lived in Atlanta my entire life so I don't really know but my buddies from out of town say the big difference here is how everyone tailgates on the freeway.

That sucks about your new LS. Hopefully they will get you fixed up and back on the road quickly.
Having come from New York City and lived in the Boston Area, Southern California and Northern California I can say that there are aggressive drivers everywhere. It's tough to generalize but my experience is that the biggest difference between Atlanta and the other places I've lived is that the drivers here are very aggressive and not very good. It's tough to find more aggressive drivers then in New York but (for the most part) they are pretty good so they can get away with it. In Atlanta, they are just as aggressive but not nearly as good. Some of the things that I see done on the highway's here would curl my hair if I had any left.

Quick Reply: Three Week Old LS Sport Rear Ended