LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

LS460 Limo

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-09, 03:29 AM
Fobbish
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS460 Limo

just thought i share. just found it.

http://www.techeblog.com/index.php/t...ardwood-floors
Old 02-07-09, 07:58 AM
rueym
Driver

this thing is silly, i've seen it on ebay for several months...when you ride a limo it doesn't matter if it is a lincoln or hummer, people who ride limos do it for the comfort of having space for several passengers in comfort. they normally change the inside anyway when they stretch it, so it's not like whether it's a lexus or hummer would make a difference. The people that end up riding these one off limos are the ones that never ride limos on a regular basis. 90% if not more of the limos sold in the USA are for limo companies, hardly anyone buys limos for their personal use with chauffeur. if they do, they normally buy a maybach or phantom.
Old 02-07-09, 11:14 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 128 Posts

Yep, all limos stretched like this look ugly, nomatter which model from which luxury brand they are using ...

Actually, the Maybach 62 looks disproportionally long too, very ungainly looking ...

Last edited by Gojirra99; 02-07-09 at 04:48 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-09-09, 04:07 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wish they would make the interiors more like the style of the car that was turned in to a limo, still it's nice with the wood floors.
Old 02-11-09, 09:45 AM
USCRugby
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

No hot tub?
Old 02-11-09, 11:29 AM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
Actually, the Maybach 62 looks disproportionally long too, very ungainly looking ...
come on, i think this is the one "limo" that actually looks good, unlike other limos which are abscially cut in half and extended, the mayback 62 is designed to be that big, so it handles well, is really comfortable and is straightup baller. For personal use, its the only limo that makes sense. For the lucky few that own these cars, i envy them to death.
Old 02-12-09, 07:23 AM
rueym
Driver

Originally Posted by ndk83
come on, i think this is the one "limo" that actually looks good, unlike other limos which are abscially cut in half and extended, the mayback 62 is designed to be that big, so it handles well, is really comfortable and is straightup baller. For personal use, its the only limo that makes sense. For the lucky few that own these cars, i envy them to death.
i agree with everything you said but envy them to death...Every dog has their day and having a nice car is only a point in their life. in today's time you can be like madoff riding a 62 and flying not only in first class but in a gulfstream g550 then the next month about to be in jail and having nothing.
Old 02-12-09, 08:02 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I have seen Maybach 62 in person, & other than the interior, which is gorgeous, there's nothing else I like about it, especially the disproportional side view (the Maybach 57 is better). I guess any limo lengthened too much for more back seat space cannot look good to me.
Old 02-12-09, 05:26 PM
rueym
Driver

Originally Posted by Gojirra99
I have seen Maybach 62 in person, & other than the interior, which is gorgeous, there's nothing else I like about it, especially the disproportional side view (the Maybach 57 is better). I guess any limo lengthened too much for more back seat space cannot look good to me.
in LA you will see at least 2 maybachs in a day if you're in the right place. In Beverly Hills you see a Bentley Continental GT more than you see toyota Corollas.
Old 02-13-09, 11:46 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

I saw a lot of very nice expensive cars everytime I visited LA
Old 02-13-09, 11:57 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Agree with you as well. This limo looks tobe very well executed (from the bodywork aspect). The interior of this thing leaves MUCH to be desired though. I like the hardwood floors, looke like it is supose to be there. BTW,, you do know that they had to cut this one in half in order to extend it also? LOL!!! Hopefully they did a sound, quality job and re-insulated the car against the re-verb noise in the stretch section which most lesser quality built limo's are prone to. I drove limo's back in the mid to late 90's; one of them was a 750IL Stretched. Car looked wicked for it's time, but had such a terrible re-verb sound in the stretch section until you hit 60 mph, it was almost unbearable. Have learned from this that most luxury cars don't really appreciate being stretched.
Old 02-13-09, 11:30 PM
ndk83
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trukn1
Agree with you as well. This limo looks tobe very well executed (from the bodywork aspect). The interior of this thing leaves MUCH to be desired though. I like the hardwood floors, looke like it is supose to be there. BTW,, you do know that they had to cut this one in half in order to extend it also? LOL!!! Hopefully they did a sound, quality job and re-insulated the car against the re-verb noise in the stretch section which most lesser quality built limo's are prone to. I drove limo's back in the mid to late 90's; one of them was a 750IL Stretched. Car looked wicked for it's time, but had such a terrible re-verb sound in the stretch section until you hit 60 mph, it was almost unbearable. Have learned from this that most luxury cars don't really appreciate being stretched.
Really? I had no idea that even the 62 was cut and stretched. Kinda dissappointing. I thought it was a completely different chassis than the 57, and not a cut and extended job. However im almost certain it would be so well exeucted it wouldnt matter. Maybach customers are probably an overly picky bunch of ******* so im sure the car is well beyond top notch haha.

and fot those of you that think "regular" maybach 62 is for peasants and ur income is the size of most countires GDP's then you can get urself one of these bad boys:

Old 02-13-09, 11:47 PM
VIP_ES300
Lexus Test Driver

damn i would take that to prom anyday
Old 02-16-09, 10:18 AM
trukn1
NELOC Mod

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Really? I had no idea that even the 62 was cut and stretched. Kinda dissappointing. I thought it was a completely different chassis than the 57, and not a cut and extended job. However im almost certain it would be so well exeucted it wouldnt matter. Maybach customers are probably an overly picky bunch of ******* so im sure the car is well beyond top notch haha.

and fot those of you that think "regular" maybach 62 is for peasants and ur income is the size of most countires GDP's then you can get urself one of these bad boys:

Don't think the Maybach is a cut/stretch job and I believe that you are right, they are built on their own chasis. I was referring to the more "common" stretch jobs that you will see (Lexus, BMW,JAG,etc). These cars, when I was driving limo in the mid 90's, has a horrible habit ot re-verberating sound in the stretch section. May have gotten better since I was driving, but that was just my experience.
Old 02-16-09, 11:02 AM
rueym
Driver

Originally Posted by trukn1
it depends on who did the cut. my family owned a small fleet of limos at one time when we were in the transportation business and i went to the factory of krystal koach back in anaheim in the 90's. they are one of the better customizers for limos and explained how they eliminate reverb and flex and twist in the chassis. but in the end they said being in the business 90% of your clientele will be happy with the town car stretch. The premium you can charge a customer for a lexus stretch vs lincoln is nil to none. this is a one off design that a single use buyer would love but then as mentioned earlier hardly anyone buys limos for their personal use.

Quick Reply: LS460 Limo