LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

I Just Factory Ordered a 2008 LS460L Exec. Package . . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-07, 11:51 PM
350Dave
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 460L is a true 5 seater - never seen a bigger rear seat on any car under $159,000.00.
Old 12-09-07, 12:06 AM
Nextourer
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Robarapta
Put a deposit down, but color combinations still undecided, I have the end of this month to decide, since they won't order the car until early January (they only do it once a month).

I have narrowed down to Truffle/Alabaster, Noble Spinel/cashmere, & may still consider Black Sapphire/cashmere . . . sigh I have been thinking about this color decision for months . . .
wow congrats! jeez.. and I figured I'd see more LS's on my side.. turns out it's all in your area hahaha.

One vote for Black Sapphire/Cashmere. The Noble Spinel does look gorgeous (both on Driving Television lol and in the Austria launch pics) but after seeing Black Sapphire on the ES, I'm sure it'll be gorgeous on a car that's much much larger.
Old 12-09-07, 07:44 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 205 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by 350Dave
The 460L is a true 5 seater - never seen a bigger rear seat on any car under $159,000.00.
I am just saying I (or anyone I know who have tried) don't want to sit on that hump if I were the 5th passenger . . .
Old 12-09-07, 12:40 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Well, I certainly won't be benifitting from the Executive seat 95%+ of the time since I would be driving it myself mostly. I couldn't even stretch out fully in that seat anyway at my height(5'11"), but the person who would enjoy it the most is "little people" like my mother, she's just over 5' & she'd love it

Actually, one of the main reasons that I decided to go with the Executive Package is because I want the air suspension, & in Canada, you only have 2 options : you have to get either the Touring Package or the Executive Package to get that.
Like in the U.S., you cannot get the rear-seat upgrade with the Touring Package, not even premium leather plus a few other options.
I would have considered the Touring Package too if I can get more options with it.
The 5-seater package with the rear-seat upgrade, etc., does not come with air suspension.

Plus to me, it's not a real 5-seater anyway with that big hump over the "middle seat" at the back, who would be comfortable sitting there anyway ?
Also, I think the Executive Package looks a lot better with those wooden doors & the table on the rear center console, so all things considered, I decided I might as well go for the Executive Package.
Ah, well the air suspension is certainly something I would want to spring for in the LS 460 L. And what a lovely way to treat your mother in the backseat of your Exec package LS...perhaps on the way to afternoon tea?
Old 12-09-07, 02:28 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Andrew. I guess you have been good this year, and Santa is bringing you the Exec LS460L!

Btw, I'd go for Black Sapphire/cashmere.

Last edited by STIG; 12-09-07 at 02:32 PM.
Old 12-09-07, 08:53 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by STIG
Congrats Andrew. I guess you have been good this year, and Santa is bringing you the Exec LS460L!

Btw, I'd go for Black Sapphire/cashmere.
Thank you

it's better if Santa can actually pay for it too . . .
Old 12-11-07, 09:29 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Plus to me, it's not a real 5-seater anyway with that big hump over the "middle seat" at the back, who would be comfortable sitting there anyway ?
Wow, congrats Andrew
I'm going to have to spend more time looking at the colors again(when I turn in my GX at the end of this month).

So far I like the Noble spinel but I prefer the dark interior.

I agree about the middle hump for any lexus. They're freakin tall and it's very uncomfortable straddling that thing.
Unlike mb or bmw, they're alot lower so the middle passenger can sit comfortably.
Doesn't matter when you're the driver, but I do feel sorry for that middle passenger.

Edit: Oh, and the exec package
Old 12-11-07, 09:32 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 185 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by GS3Tek
Wow, congrats Andrew
I'm going to have to spend more time looking at the colors again(when I turn in my GX at the end of this month).

I agree about the middle hump for any lexus. They're freakin tall and it's very uncomfortable straddling that thing.
Unlike mb or bmw, they're alot lower so the middle passenger can sit comfortably.
Doesn't matter when you're the driver, but I do feel sorry for that middle passenger.

i am sure you can find a male passenger for that spot plus the lwb has so much leg room in the back, it helps. but on the ls460, instead of that hump on the floor, i would actually complain on the middle seat in the back. try it, it's ridiculous, when you are there you are like maybe 4 inches "taller" than the side. very stupid. i wouldn't even want anyone to sit in the middle
Old 12-11-07, 09:41 AM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
i am sure you can find a male passenger for that spot plus the lwb has so much leg room in the back, it helps. but on the ls460, instead of that hump on the floor, i would actually complain on the middle seat in the back. try it, it's ridiculous, when you are there you are like maybe 4 inches "taller" than the side. very stupid. i wouldn't even want anyone to sit in the middle
Just like the GS.
Yeah, that taller passenger would reach up front and slap the driver on the head for putting him there.
Plus, he does obstruct the rear view, so asking him to lower his head all the time when needed will be quite a pita. So, you have to put a short person there. Either way, that person won't win
Old 12-11-07, 11:25 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Just like the GS.
Yeah, that taller passenger would reach up front and slap the driver on the head for putting him there.
Plus, he does obstruct the rear view, so asking him to lower his head all the time when needed will be quite a pita. So, you have to put a short person there. Either way, that person won't win
you don't even need a taller passenger. i am 5'7" and when i am in the rear middle seat, my head is against the roof lining already.
Old 12-11-07, 05:55 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Wow, congrats Andrew
Thanks You are thinking of replacing your GX with a LS460 ?

Is Noble Spinel one of your favorite color for the LS or just the one you like best out of the three I listed in my OP ?

I think I've read you want the black leather somewhere before, but want the gray wood, so is thinking of the possibility of swapping with someone right ? I think swapping might have a problem though unless you want a gray steering wheel to go with your black dash & leather.
Old 12-11-07, 06:16 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

finally saw the truffle in person (that's the 600hl launch edition right?) the other day. can't say i really like the color though. it's special, but somehow doesn't compliment the car enough. noble is a big no-no to me. that's just me, i can't really seem to get red on a car of this scale

the black sapphire is pretty interesting. i guess that's the closest you can get to black opal, more on the blue side of course (and a bit lighter in general). this would be my pick out of the 3

how about opaline pearl? no light exterior color? initially i thought the verdigris could be an interesting color, but after seeing a 600hl in that color at longo, i passed (still better than noble imho)
Old 12-11-07, 07:25 PM
rajwany
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, congrats Andrew

iam glad there is someone else out there thinking about trading the gx for an LS. iam just double minded about going from sitting higher to a lower sitting position.
Old 12-11-07, 08:29 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 85 Likes on 84 Posts

Well, congragulations, Andrew.

A marvelous car ....I'm sure you read my review of the regular LS460 last year, so I won't rehash it here. I'll just repeat that I thought it was, overall, perhaps the best RWD sedan I had ever driven......and I've been driving some 40 years. That Mark Levinson stereo is insane.....you won't believe it.

As to the color choice, I checked the Lexus web site but couldn't find a "Truffle" color....although Henry says he has seen it. If it were my car, I'd order it first White (Starfire) Pearl, second Noble Spinel, and third Black Sapphire, which is actually a dark blue. IMO you can't go wrong with either the White Pearl or the Noble Spinel (although, unfortunately, the even more gorgeous Matador Red is not offered on the LS).

So, for you, among the three colors you listed, I'd say go with the Noble. And, yes, that exterior color definitely looks better with the Cashmere interior than with gray or black. The only downside to a Cashmere interior is that in the damp/wet climate you live in around Vancouver, you will have to take more care to keep it clean than you would gray or black....I heartily recommend rubber floor mats.

And the Executive package with it? Wow....that's class. Your car is sure not going to be an econobox.

When it arrives and you take delivery, send me your name and mailing address.....for the kind of paint that car has, you will SURELY get a bottle of SCRATCH-OUT.

Last edited by mmarshall; 12-11-07 at 08:37 PM.
Old 12-11-07, 08:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by mmarshall
Well, congragulations, Andrew.

A marvelous car ....I'm sure you read my review of the regular LS460 last year, so I won't rehash it here. I'll just repeat that I thought it was, overall, perhaps the best RWD sedan I had ever driven......and I've been driving some 40 years. That Mark Levinson stereo is insane.....you won't believe it.

As to the color choice, I checked the Lexus web site but couldn't find a "Truffle" color....although Henry says he has seen it. If it were my car, I'd order it first White (Starfire) Pearl, second Noble Spinel, and third Black Sapphire, which is actually a dark blue. IMO you can't go wrong with either the White Pearl or the Noble Spinel (although, unfortunately, the even more gorgeous Matador Red is not offered on the LS).

So, for you, among the three colors you listed, I'd say go with the Noble. And, yes, that exterior color definitely looks better with the Cashmere interior than with gray or black. The only downside to a Cashmere interior is that in the damp/wet climate you live in around Vancouver, you will have to take more care to keep it clean than you would gray or black....I heartily recommend rubber floor mats.

And the Executive package with it? Wow....that's class. Your car is sure not going to be an econobox.

When it arrives and you take delivery, send me your name and mailing address.....for the kind of paint that car has, you will SURELY get a bottle of SCRATCH-OUT.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=296857

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...t=600hl+marcus

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...launch+edition

Quick Reply: I Just Factory Ordered a 2008 LS460L Exec. Package . . .