LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

Ls460 Window Seal Not Good Wind Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-07, 02:58 PM
Mallory H.
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls460 Window Seal Not Good Wind Noise

I went out on another test run today trying to pin point the source of the wind noise in my LS460, I found it and it is not good. It is definitely in the window seal ,as there was more wind today than yesterday it made matters even worse. All I can say is I just hope that Lexus will address this soon as the complaints are mounting and rightfully so.

Last edited by Mallory H.; 07-03-07 at 02:29 PM.
Old 03-15-07, 03:10 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mallory H.
I went out on another test run today trying to pin point the source of the wind noise in my LS460, I found it and it is not good. It is definitely in the window seal ,as there was more wind today than yesterday it made matters even worse. All I can say is I just hope that Lexus will address this soon as the complaints are mounting and rightfully so.
Owners should not have to deal with the possibilities of the interriors of their cars getting damged by service tech exsperimenting,Lexus engineers need to come up with a real fix. I had the drain holes taped up so it was not the mirror
drain holes as I had stated earlier.
Hello Mallory,

If we can help any of you LS folks just let us know, the us being ES350 owners who have identified several sources that contribute to wind noise and may also play a role in what you are experiencing.

Here are the sources we have identified and there are threads on ES forum that will help you in more detail if you do a search there with key words below.

Window Issue...
Wind Noise..

Door alignment: If it is off even slight it augments wind noise

Underside rubber body plugs: If they are not put in place at pre-delivery at dealership they will contribute to wind noise. These are rubber plugs placed to fill holes in underside of car.

Window seals: Shims can be added to bolster contact between glass and gasket material, sometimes simply reseating them yourself can have a benefit.

We have had to come up with our own owner solutions as Lexus corporate deems wind noise a normal characteristic of the ES350 when one complains about it.
Old 03-15-07, 07:36 PM
ES350Bob
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mallory H.
Thanks for the advice. I will take my car in for the 5000 mile service next month so I will see what the service department has to say about the wind noise issue at that time. Today is the first time I had notice how really bad the noise could be but than it was pretty windy out. My first Lexus was a 2005 LS430 I traded my 2002 Infinity Q45 for it. One thing that amazed me about the Q was how quiet it was even at high speeds wind noise was no issue, the LS430 was not as quiet as the Q but the LS460 is no match for either when it comes to wind noise, I miss the sales and service I had with the Q too. I am confident that Lexus will get this problem resolved as the success of futures LS460 may very well depend on the customer satisfaction of the present LS460. Todays auto buyer is a different breed if a dealer,manufacture or customer service does not measure up they simply move on. I was a Cadillac customers for years until I got tired of hearing oh thats normal. Todays auto buyer is allot smarter in that more people are researching, reading reviews and forums befor they buy. Thanks again for the advice.
Lexus can and has made cars just as quiet as the Q, I know I owned two and yet they were both the 300 ES. Quietest cars you could ever get up to speed but not the two ES350 I have experienced.

So stay on them when dealing with an LS!!! And if they don't act right at your 5k then just go post a thread on the ES forum at that time asking for wind noise help there, you seem very proactive already doing tests, and you will get all the help you need.

You are welcome re: the advice.