LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-06, 09:41 PM
LexFather

Post The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other

Taken from:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/...10971

The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other, so you can see their similariities.

Old 05-18-06, 09:43 PM
LexFather

Warning, do not read the E90 forum, I think the total I.Q there is in the 40-50 range, some of the comments are so off its pathetic.
Old 05-18-06, 09:48 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

Nobody is going to confuse a 7 series with a LS460. They dont even have the same character lines. I'll definitely say same silhouette, but that is where the similarities stop.

I guess the A8, S-class, and XJ8 look the same too. LAME!!

Last edited by magneto112; 05-18-06 at 09:54 PM.
Old 05-18-06, 09:55 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

That's a double (at least) repost Mike
Old 05-18-06, 09:55 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Here we go again: just because both have four doors does not mean that one copied the other. Most cars can end up looking like one another if you don't look for the details, and the magic is all in the details.

I mean, we don't complain about the fact that the Camry and ES share similar characteristics, but appreciate the nuances between the two. Bimmer fans will complain about the similar characteristics, but when you ask them about the difference in details between the 7 and LS, they'll draw a blank...
Old 05-18-06, 10:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Here we go again: just because both have four doors does not mean that one copied the other. Most cars can end up looking like one another if you don't look for the details, and the magic is all in the details.

I mean, we don't complain about the fact that the Camry and ES share similar characteristics, but appreciate the nuances between the two. Bimmer fans will complain about the similar characteristics, but when you ask them about the difference in details between the 7 and LS, they'll draw a blank...
very true, that's what i think. personally i don't know what's the point of this illustration on overlapping the two cars. so if lexus make it bulky, it looks like the 7. if they make it slick, it looks like the s class? the lines on the ls makes it a lot softer than those lines on the 7, and in person the car looks very different. it's just way too hard to confuse to two. at least to me
Old 05-19-06, 06:10 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

thats the LWB one right

look at the lexus is350.. to get navigation you have to get sport package.. what if people dont want it.
Old 05-19-06, 09:14 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
thats the LWB one right

yeah i believe that's lwb
Old 05-19-06, 09:37 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

they both look nice so what
Old 05-19-06, 04:08 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Im glad they look alike

Hey I am glad the new LS looks like the 7. I was going to buy the 7 because it looked bettter then the old LS but now I can have a 7 looking car with 10 times the reliability of the 7 so Ill buy the new LS.
Old 05-20-06, 03:07 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 112 Likes on 83 Posts

Lol, so what? If you look at this profile, except for slightly longer trunk on old LS430, it is even more similar to 7 series than new LS. So who copied who?

Who invented 4 doors first? lol.
Old 05-20-06, 04:07 AM
SCSpeed
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For both cars, if we only draw the exterior shape lines of the cars, they mostly resemble each other. Reason: That style is nice and hot for the consumers. It's not simple that all great minds think alike. All car manufacturers have spies on the other car manufacturers. And when they have enough info. (from many factors and sources) and confidence, that's when they release the models. The truth can't be told who copied from whom because that's a secret and can't ever be told, or it could create arguments, litigations...etc.

However, if the different models from the same manufacturer have similar styles and shapes, that's nothing strange. The main reason is cost management. Every single activity in a company is just related to cost. If anyone wants to get promoted, try to save big $$$ for his/her company. And if anyone wants to get fired quickly, try to spend big $$$ from his/her company without bringing any profits back. Even a CEO can be in trouble.

PhilipMSPT, I hope you don't get offended in any ways. It's just what I know from my business management degree and working experiences.

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT

Old 05-20-06, 09:06 AM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

I don't know about you guys but in person they sure don't look alike to me...
Old 05-20-06, 10:57 AM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BMW For The Win...lol
Old 05-20-06, 12:20 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
I don't know about you guys but in person they sure don't look alike to me...
For the e90 lurkers:
Have any 7 owners seen the 07 LS in person???
I love the 7 series (pre 06). As a matter of fact, I pushed my brother in law in getting one (instead of the 5) so can't say I'm a blinded lexus owner. I had the fortunate opportunity to view the LS in person
and even brought his 7 to compare and it is N-O-T-H-I-N-G like the 7.

If they want something to complain about, complain to the 550 about ripping off their interior dash layout
I find bimmerfest/e65/e66 more mature.

I agree with magneto, nobody will confuse the two.

Right now, I'm drooling over the A8
I love all types of cars

Quick Reply: The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other