LS - 4th Gen (2007-2017) Discussion topics related to the current flagship models LS460, LS460L and LS600H

The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-06, 01:54 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SCSpeed
PhilipMSPT, I hope you don't get offended in any ways.
Not at all.
Old 05-20-06, 08:37 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusChris
I don't know about you guys but in person they sure don't look alike to me...
that's what i have been saying all these time. seeing the pics and say they are the same and who copies who? i thought the same too about the trunk when i first saw the pics, but seeing the car in person, i couldn't ressemble it to the 7 series at all....
Old 05-20-06, 09:07 PM
Faheta
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some resemblance

The only similarity in styling is the rear trunk lid. If you look at the new Mercedes S class, it has the same design. I think you can make the same overlay against almost any other passenger car (e.g. S-class, Subaru Legacy) ... I mean they all have front headlights, doors, and trunk

I have trouble seeing the LS460 resembling the 7-series more than other cars.
Old 05-20-06, 09:16 PM
SCSpeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
Not at all.
Thanks for your understanding.

Actually, they can't really be seen as the same because of the details that make up the differences. You can see the similar overall shapes between the Cadiilac Escalade EXT, Honda Ridegeline, and Chevrolet Avalance.
Attached Thumbnails The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other-cadillac.jpg  
Old 05-20-06, 09:17 PM
SCSpeed
Rookie

Here's the Honda Ridgeline:
Attached Thumbnails The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other-ridgeline.jpg  
Old 05-20-06, 09:18 PM
SCSpeed
Rookie

And here's the Chevrolet Avalance:
Attached Thumbnails The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other-chevroletavalanche.jpg  
Old 05-21-06, 09:46 AM
LexFather

Dude, thats a lil different, the Avalanche and Esclade are the same thing. The Pilot is a robot abortion, horrible, kids cry when it drives by.
Old 05-21-06, 01:40 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

It's a conspiracy so that there will be global unification among car manufacturers. All parts will interchange. German design engines, Japanese electronics, Chinese labor...
Old 05-21-06, 02:54 PM
Eternity3G
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm a BIG BMW fan (owned 3 already) and return customer and the posts on the E90 forum dissappoint me. It seems that the members are acting like 16 yr olds (maybe they are?). I'm 28 and this is my first Lexus. I hope I'm not one of the "old farts" that they are referring to. It disgusts me that they have to bash on a great car. Granted the handling of my GS is nothing compared to the 5, but all the little bells and whistles in my GS make up for it. There are many things in this car that I wish were similar to my BMW 5-er, but they are two completely different cars. Different pros and cons. Can't compare apples to oranges.

I love the BMW 750. I would probably get it over the current LS, and I can't compare it to the new one seeing that it's not out yet. The lines do look similar to me, but the features and details are completely different. BTW... what's wrong w/ mimicing a great product.... how is that "disgusting"?

Sorry if I'm just rambling, but this is just my 2 cents....
Old 05-21-06, 04:49 PM
SCSpeed
Rookie

I understand that's your preference for the BMW over the Lexus. But which car is a better one varies on the individual. You're not the only one of the "old farts". I'm 31 and I've been driving several cars from Mercedes S, E, C series, BMW new 3 series, older 740, Lexus LS, GS, SC, Porches, Honda, Toyota.....etc. Some of them were mine, and some of them were my friends'. I have a close friend who owns a luxury used car dealer. Due to my experience, I have a different opinion from yours. Overall, I like the Lexus a lot more than BMW. For the sporty handling of BMW, I can always upgrade the Lexus suspension to a sporty ones. And again with the correct upgrade, I feel the Lexus beats the BMW.

To me, the BMW is an over-priced vehicle while its real worthiness is only 2/3 of it. The time when the BMW was queen is getting over the hills. Now the Japanese automobile technology is not far from those Germans. In fact, the German auto manufacturers are not as good as they used to be before. They cut down their qualities because of their competitions from other manufacturers and cost management. The fact is that many people got surprised when BMW introduced the Mini Cooper (cheap and worhless car) and the Mercedes introduced the C230. Although the above cars were advertised as up-scale entry level cars, they're just the bottom lines of the luxury names (BMW, Mercedes) and are kind of damaging the reputation of the luxury brands. So the "disgusting" that you have and mentioned on the Lexus is actually on the BMW. If you think the Lexus is "disgusting" and "2 cents", then I would suggest that you sell your first Lexus and get a Mini Cooper instead. And please don't get on the Lexus forum and pull down its reputation.

Originally Posted by Eternity3G
I'm a BIG BMW fan (owned 3 already) and return customer and the posts on the E90 forum dissappoint me. It seems that the members are acting like 16 yr olds (maybe they are?). I'm 28 and this is my first Lexus. I hope I'm not one of the "old farts" that they are referring to. It disgusts me that they have to bash on a great car. Granted the handling of my GS is nothing compared to the 5, but all the little bells and whistles in my GS make up for it. There are many things in this car that I wish were similar to my BMW 5-er, but they are two completely different cars. Different pros and cons. Can't compare apples to oranges.

I love the BMW 750. I would probably get it over the current LS, and I can't compare it to the new one seeing that it's not out yet. The lines do look similar to me, but the features and details are completely different. BTW... what's wrong w/ mimicing a great product.... how is that "disgusting"?

Sorry if I'm just rambling, but this is just my 2 cents....
Old 05-23-06, 05:40 AM
sha4000
Lexus Test Driver

Received 334 Likes on 288 Posts

Originally Posted by SCSpeed
I understand that's your preference for the BMW over the Lexus. But which car is a better one varies on the individual. You're not the only one of the "old farts". I'm 31 and I've been driving several cars from Mercedes S, E, C series, BMW new 3 series, older 740, Lexus LS, GS, SC, Porches, Honda, Toyota.....etc. Some of them were mine, and some of them were my friends'. I have a close friend who owns a luxury used car dealer. Due to my experience, I have a different opinion from yours. Overall, I like the Lexus a lot more than BMW. For the sporty handling of BMW, I can always upgrade the Lexus suspension to a sporty ones. And again with the correct upgrade, I feel the Lexus beats the BMW.

To me, the BMW is an over-priced vehicle while its real worthiness is only 2/3 of it. The time when the BMW was queen is getting over the hills. Now the Japanese automobile technology is not far from those Germans. In fact, the German auto manufacturers are not as good as they used to be before. They cut down their qualities because of their competitions from other manufacturers and cost management. The fact is that many people got surprised when BMW introduced the Mini Cooper (cheap and worhless car) and the Mercedes introduced the C230. Although the above cars were advertised as up-scale entry level cars, they're just the bottom lines of the luxury names (BMW, Mercedes) and are kind of damaging the reputation of the luxury brands. So the "disgusting" that you have and mentioned on the Lexus is actually on the BMW. If you think the Lexus is "disgusting" and "2 cents", then I would suggest that you sell your first Lexus and get a Mini Cooper instead. And please don't get on the Lexus forum and pull down its reputation.
what are you talking about did you even read his post? he was complimenting lexus
Old 05-23-06, 08:04 AM
olorin
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by spwolf
old LS430, it is even more similar to 7 series than new LS. So who copied who?
Old 05-23-06, 09:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by olorin
lol, ok, so what's next?
Old 05-23-06, 10:32 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
lol, ok, so what's next?
Why not layer the 7, LS, S, and Hyundai Azera? That should get people talkin'...
Old 05-24-06, 03:04 AM
SCSpeed
Rookie

Originally Posted by sha4000
what are you talking about did you even read his post? he was complimenting lexus
Yes, I read his post all right. For most of his sentences, he kept bragging and wishing for a BMW over the Lexus......It's like "I'm driving your car that you lent me. Your car sucks. I wish that I could drive some better cars from somebody else..." Please just imagine that you're the owner of the car that's being lent, and that you love your car too much but you still lend it out. The only time that he mentioned good things about the Lexus was "...the little bells and whistles in my GS make up for it..." ...LOL.

Quick Reply: The BMW 7er & Lexus LS460 overlayed on top of each other